MultiBoxing - Which class?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
1 2 3 7 Next
Hello all. I am trying to decide on what classes I should multi-box?

With either 3 or 4 accounts.
Most likely 4.

Suggestions? & what spec?

I will do alot of PvP & Dungeons low level, with more PvE & Dungeons end-game.
Bump it up to 10. Make 10 mages, all arcane, and camp a base at Tol Borad and wait for people to wander in.
Ehh, money is kinda a problem...
I think shaman is the most popular multi-box class.
Well, what is the best dps class in the game? & for multi-boxing?
Uhm. You're going to run dungeons, multiboxing, with four accounts.

How, exactly, are you going to do that? You can't tank or heal while multiboxing due to targeting issues.

Quite frankly, I don't think anyone's going to help you, because unless you're rolling three of the same class and having them all bound to the same hotkeys (for example three Arcane Mages) you're going to ruin these dungeons for everyone else.
Death Knights are by far in the best state for multiboxing at the moment. Frost Spec.

Edit: Scratch that. You're doing PvE with them, then I have no idea. Good luck to ya.

How, exactly, are you going to do that? You can't tank or heal while multiboxing due to targeting issues.

Quite frankly, I don't think anyone's going to help you, because unless you're rolling three of the same class and having them all bound to the same hotkeys (for example three Arcane Mages) you're going to ruin these dungeons for everyone else.

Just because you don't know how to do it, doesn't mean it can't be done. My healers always thanked me at the ends of the dungeons they ended up in with my 4 Death Knights while leveling. I made quick and painless runs for them because I knew what I was doing.
If you gonna 3 box, go 3 arcane mages. Don't go 3 melee, actually don't go more than 1 melee.

^Has no idea what they're talking about.

Paladins work fine for all 3 roles if you find that you need a tank leveling them up. Alternatively, if you have a tank at main you can just drive them with that toon. If you don't need to level a tank at the same time? Shaman. All the way.

I suggest dual-boxing.com for more info, and ISBoxer to drive if you have the coinage to spare.

Go shaman, can heal your pug tank while dpsing away. Tanked for a multi boxing shaman for most of wrath. Some of the easiest runs I ever did.
Death Knights are by far in the best state for multiboxing at the moment. Frost Spec.

Edit: Scratch that. You're doing PvE with them, then I have no idea. Good luck to ya.

Just because you don't know how to do it, doesn't mean it can't be done. My healers always thanked me at the ends of the dungeons they ended up in with my 4 Death Knights while leveling. I made quick and painless runs for them because I knew what I was doing.

Then you're the exception, not the rule. While I won't say there aren't good multiboxers, I have been in a handful of dungeons with multiboxers; the last one I was in, for example, was an arcane mage and a shaman, 2-boxing. The mage and shaman TOGETHER almost did as much DPS as I did. The mage was doing probably 75% of that. Most multiboxers are just not as good as normal players, ESPECIALLY at high levels where, for example, there are knockbacks, your characters get pushed into different positions, maybe some of your characters are standing in fire and others aren't, maybe there's a case where the tank needs to stay in one spot and the DPS needs to go somewhere else, maybe you have to spread out for a certain boss.... There's so many variables that even if you WERE amazing you wouldn't be able to keep up with all of them.
So 4x ele shaman? Or what?
09/18/2011 05:46 PMPosted by Astonn
Most multiboxers are just not as good as normal players

So because you've encountered a couple multiboxers who were probably still trying to get the hang of what's really a complicated as hell setup to initially get into, "most" multiboxers aren't as good as "normal" players?

You can't be a good multiboxer without first being a good player in general. If you're bad on one toon, you'll be bad on 2, 5, etc. Getting into this style of gameplay is no different than someone who's never played an MMO getting into WoW on a single character. It takes time, and I'd bet not many multiboxers stick with it if they don't find themselves getting better over time. A bad multiboxer is a group of dead characters.

09/18/2011 05:46 PMPosted by Astonn
There's so many variables that even if you WERE amazing you wouldn't be able to keep up with all of them.

You don't have to be amazing to do that. It's hard to grasp how that kind of thing is pulled off for someone who's never multiboxed, but it just takes practice. I can deal with all of the things you mentioned without much trouble at all, PvP or PvE. There are videos out there of 5 boxers doing heroics by themselves. Tank, 3 dps, and heals. Alone. How do you think they manage that if they can't deal with what you pointed out?
I'm sorry, but please do not multibox in BG. It becomes next to impossible for the other side and is absolutely ridiculous.

If you have the computer power to multibox, go ahead, but please stay out of BG. They are unbalanced as it is without somebody essentially cheating.

For example, 4 hunters. No, just no. It's among the reasons that people come to the forums and complain about low level BG being unfair and broken. Don't contribute to the problem.
09/18/2011 05:52 PMPosted by Scalber
So 4x ele shaman? Or what?

Be a rebel and have 4 enhance shammies!

Just imagine 8 spirit wolves, not to mention all those maelstrom heals!
09/18/2011 05:54 PMPosted by Bedlám
I'm sorry, but please do not multibox in BG. It becomes next to impossible for the other side and is absolutely ridiculous.

It becomes impossible for players who aren't willing to coordinate or use some semblance of strategy. I've been in BGs where I've been rolled hard as a multiboxer, simply because the other team came together and used their heads.
Thank you Pelican. I asked you guys for help on what classes to choose and such, not for you too criticize multi-boxing. It is harder than you think, thank you for those who are actually contributing. I think I am going to go with 3x shaman or 4x shaman? How would that be? All ele?
09/18/2011 05:56 PMPosted by Pelican

It becomes impossible for players who aren't willing to coordinate or use some semblance of strategy. I've been in BGs where I've been rolled hard as a multiboxer, simply because the other team came together and used their heads.

Let me ask you something, how many BG have you been in where players actually work together?

Me personally, I've only ever been in about 5. Maybe a few more but their "working together" consisted of everyone zerging something/someone.

Just because you've been beaten a few times while multiboxing doesn't make it any less unbalanced. This game is meant to be fun for everyone, and by multiboxing in BG, you make it no fun for the other side. And I've been on both sides of this equation. When the multiboxer is on your side, it's stupid easy. And when they're against you, it's nigh to impossible.
Multi-boxing ruins pvp/bg more than its already is and you are contributing to it. Congratulations.
Yeah, I am contributing too it. The past 10 others have said so as well. I don't care. Quit whining. ;)