Patch 4.3: Tier 13 Set Bonuses - 9/29

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 43 44 45 73 Next
I'm sorry if it's just me, but this seems like a step backwards for Resto Shammies... We went from a Mana on Riptide and an infinite +20% on chain heal and your HoT stays on, to a Mana tide and Spirit Walker's buff... Went from spell upgrade to Utility upgrade, sorry Bliz but I really don't care for the change, I wish I could keep my T12 Bonuses....
All dps classes get two changes, the multiple changes go for hybirds, i.e. druids, pally, priest, shammy etc... be thankful we get anything.
Good job on the Lock 2pc Blizz.. Your practically making it so your going to HAVE to nerf the Doomguard because Demonology is going to be OP with it. Epic fricken fail!

Never understand why you do stupid stuff like that, or why you fix things that aren't broken before things that ARE broken..
The holy priest 4 piece is pretty lame...mind you everything for the holy priest has been pretty meh this expansion.

Actually it is sad that everyone is complaining about the set bonuses.

It takes away attention to the fact that Holy 2pc bonus (and 4 pc to some extent) are the worst possible.

Actually the only way to make it worst is by either removing the set bonus completely (wich as it is wouldnt even be noticed) or to make the set bonus to be a DEBUFF.

So...ye.

And ya know what's funny? Blizzard is really effing up when a brand new and very promising MMO in SWTOR is coming out in a few months. You'd think that now with that on the horizon, they'd be working and trying hardest they have this whole Xpac. But, hey, what do I know right?
The dps 4 set for warriors is insanely amazing. Like im shocked haha its gonna be pwn. In all honesty almost all the new teir set bonuses are good.
09/27/2011 07:43 AMPosted by Phatbasturd
The dps 4 set for warriors is insanely amazing. Like im shocked haha its gonna be pwn. In all honesty almost all the new teir set bonuses are good.


You obviously only play your Ele spec because the Restoration spec is a HUGE step backwards from the T12... Not saying it won't be useful but it went from upgrading our core Spells to Utility upgrades.... It's god awful compared to what it was!
I actually had to log in to post because the hunter QQ throughout this thread just made me so angry. (and yes, i have a hunter)

DOUBLE THE FOCUS FROM STEADY AND COBRA SHOT

are you kidding me!!! be HAPPY!! that is like one of the most OP 2P bonuses ever given. blizzard is being very generous, don't bite the hand that feeds.

thats like paladins getting 2 holypower per ability or rogues/kitties generated twice the combo points.

you are NOT left out, please stop whining, you are making us all look bad.
dude my hunters like omg because of the 2p, focus is harder than most people think
Balance, 2P -- Insect Swarm increases all damage done by your Starfire, Starsurge, and Wrath spells against that target by 3%.
Balance, 4P -- Starsurge generates 100% extra Lunar or Solar energy while Eclipse is not active.

Feral, 2P -- While Berserk is active, Savage Defense absorbs are 100% larger, and your Blood in the Water talent now causes Ferocious Bite to refresh the duration of your Rip on targets with 60% or less health.
Feral, 4P -- Frenzied Regeneration also affects all raid and party members, and your Stampede talent now grants two charges after using Feral Charge (Cat).

Restoration, 2P -- After using Innervate, the mana cost of your healing spells is reduced by 25% for 15 sec.
Restoration, 4P -- Your Rejuvenation and Regrowth spells have a 10% chance to Timeslip and have double the normal duration.


im so happy! im power leveling this cow
I do sense a general theme, in that tank CDs seem to affect the whole raid. Does this mean there will be encounters where it will be to the raid's benefit to have such?
09/24/2011 06:07 PMPosted by Iamoblivion
I'm so sad about the only 2 changes to hunters there should be way more like the other classes


That has to be a joke... Hunters are pure dps classes they only get 2 for that reason.

Look at Mages, Warlocks, and Rogues... They only get 2 as well.
Now to put my 2 copper in for my opinions on this farce they call the t13 bonuses; I'm frost, so that's where my slant will lean.


[quote="32289267349"]
Death Knight

  • DPS, 2P -- Sudden Doom has a 30% chance and Rime has a 60% chance to grant 2 charges when triggered instead of 1.
  • DPS, 4P -- Runic Empowerment has a 25% chance and Runic Corruption has a 40% chance to also grant 710 mastery rating for 12 sec when activated.


2 Piece - 60% chance on a 45% chance for an extra free Howling Blast.... this translates to a 27% chance for 2 Howling Blasts, 18% for one, and keeping our nice 55% chance that all we get out of an oblit is the damage.
Proc of a Proc is not a good idea in my book.

4 Piece - 25% chance that my 45% chance on Frost Strike will give me Mastery, which is like, second fiddle on secondary stats to Haste since haste started to affect our runic regen speed.
Plus, Frost's Mastery, increased frost damage, only effects a couple spells. Frost Strike, Howling Blast, Icy Touch (Which Frost replaced with HB), Frost Fever, Rune of Razor Ice, and glyphed Chains of Ice.
So, 2 attacks, a disease, and a rune. Yes, I use all of those, and yes, the bit of damage is always nice... but haste would be more loved, I think.
OMG prot war 4 piece <3333333333333333
Blood, 2P -- When an attack drops your health below 35%, one of your Blood Runes will immediately activate and convert into a Death Rune for the next 20 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 45 sec.
Blood, 4P -- Your Vampiric Blood ability also affects all party and raid members for 50% of the effect it has on you.


better effect for 2P bonus

when using Blood Tap, it now converts both blood runes into death runes for the duration and when Will of the Necropolis triggers it now also causes blood taps CD to be reset

the 4P is a mhe, because they moved in that direction with all tanking 4P, but the good news is its on an ability with a 1 min CD, instead of abilities that have longer CDs

but the current 2P bonus is not going to cut it
most useless warrior dps benefits... is this a joke?
I actually had to log in to post because the hunter QQ throughout this thread just made me so angry. (and yes, i have a hunter)

DOUBLE THE FOCUS FROM STEADY AND COBRA SHOT

are you kidding me!!! be HAPPY!! that is like one of the most OP 2P bonuses ever given. blizzard is being very generous, don't bite the hand that feeds.

thats like paladins getting 2 holypower per ability or rogues/kitties generated twice the combo points.

you are NOT left out, please stop whining, you are making us all look bad.

you do realize that that poerful 2P and 4P is there to fix our scalling issues?

hunters in current H FL are just above most of the melee dps specs

now rememebr that melee are getting a handicap buff for raids for their dps, with that they will surpass us because of supirior scalling, and the incoming handicap buff

our 2P and 4P are strong, but i would rather have mediocer set bonuses and properscalling, because for a hunter to do well now, we will NEED the set bonuses

also realize that pvp hunters will now be wearing pve 2P bonus, because its far, far, far better than an extra 600 resil and the pvp 4P bonus

pvp hunters will be aiming for that 2P bonus because of how perful it is, and you dont undewrstand why we complain, ill say it again

the powerful set bonuses we are getting is their fix to our scalling issues, because of the 2P is so powerful it will become a pvp standard to improve our horrable constant damage, and on top of that, even with the powerful set bonuses melee are lukely to surpass us in pve dps unless they finally fix our scalling issue (which they wont do because of our 'powerful' set bonuses)

and then hunters will be bad in pvp and pve (hunters have always had scalling issues due to blizzard always giving us insane base damage, and bad scalling on abilities, and its seen every expansion so far, and fixed with gimick fixes like making aimed shot hit harder (the wrath fix) or making the pets dps more segnificant (the BC fix, which was nerfed early wrath))
09/27/2011 09:50 AMPosted by Dethology
most useless warrior dps benefits... is this a joke?


i could fix it for you

DPS, 2P -- Heroic Strike costs 10 less rage and trigger no global CD while Inner Rage is active.
DPS, 4P -- Your Execute critical strikes have a 20% chance to refresh the duration of Colossus Smash


and change the underlined to

your excecute critical strikes increase the duration of collosal smash by X seconds
are they up yet????????

Join the Conversation