Patch 4.3: Tier 13 Set Bonuses - 9/29

General Discussion
Prev 1 48 49 50 73 Next
Retribution, 2P -- Your Judgement ability now also generates 1 Holy Power.

Thank you
Warrior

DPS, 4P -- Your Raging Blow and Mortal Strike abilities have a 13% chance to apply the Colossus Smash effect on your target for 6 sec.

Great change. Bonus is small but at least better and more interesting than the one before :)
Priest 2pc works so much better with Divine Hymn and with the new talent having it at 3 mins now, it will be nice.

But it still bugs me that it says Discipline and non-discipline. Why not call it what it is: Holy?
Even if the elemental bonus was up 100% of the time at full stacks, 750 haste<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Permanent Fire Elemental.

There is no comparison. Only people who completely do not understand the class would ever switch 2pt12 for 4pt13 unless fire elemental gets changes.
Since I do use my doomguard and such a lot the 2p piece is neato, but only worth it in long boss fights. The 4p is eh. I don't know what to think of these set bonuses. I guess I will just have to wait and see the patch and see how much I am nerfed or boosted first to give any good replies on this.
2P -- Steady Shot and Cobra Shot generate double the amount of focus.
4P -- Your Arcane Shot ability has a chance to grant 30% haste to you and your pet for 10 sec.

Serious question though. Are the developers not happy with focus / shots?

Tier 11: 4 Set - Reduces cast time to get focus faster
Tier 12: 4 Set - Chance to save 20-50 focus
Tier 13: 2 Set - Double focus regen from casting

The Tier 13 2 Set is very game changing, and seems like you are testing out possible changes that may not be implemented till the next expansion. It will likely be required in PVP.

Also with the Tier 13 4 Set, you are placing more emphasis on using Arcane Shot, which offers slight (180-250) DPS benefits right now(at least for Survival / MM), are you not happy with how Arcane Shot is performing as a focus dump?
Warrior change is much better, thank you.

Druid

• Balance, 4P -- Reduces the cooldown of Starsurge by 5 sec.

• Feral, 2P -- Pulverize now also grants your Mangle (Bear) critical strikes a 100% chance to trigger Savage Defense, and your Blood in the Water talent now causes Ferocious Bite to refresh the duration of your Rip on targets with 60% or less health.
  • Feral, 4P -- Frenzied Regeneration also affects all raid and party members. This effect cannot be triggered if you have been in Bear Form for less than 15 sec. In addition, your Stampede talent now grants two charges after using Feral Charge (Cat).

I like the change about requiring us to be in bear form for 15 seconds(this should prevent people making all cat dps druids switch to bear to pop this), but I'm still iffy on the 4pc cat bonus. It's a good bonus on any fight we can feral charge on, but if we can not feral charge it's garbage. How about changing it to where Rip or Rake periodic damage has a 2-4% chance of activating Stampede. This or anything will be better on fights where the only time we might be able to feral charge is at the beginning.
Warlock

• 2P -- The duration of your Doomguard and Infernal summons is increased by [20|30] sec and the cooldown of of those spells is reduced by 4 min. (20 for Demonology, 30 for non-Demonology.)
  • 4P -- Soulburn grants a 10% increase to your spell power for 10 sec, and Soul Fire cast with Soulburn active now grants a Soul Shard.

ok i get that the old bonus was ridiculously powerful, but why demos get 10 seconds less of duration?

just cause we have ancient grimoire? that seems a bit unfair to demo, so now our 2 points talent is giving us(with 2 piece) only 10 secs more of doom/infernal in relation to affliciton and destro...
2P -- The duration of your Doomguard and Infernal summons is increased by [20|30] sec and the cooldown of of those spells is reduced by 4 min. (20 for Demonology, 30 for non-Demonology.)

Still concerned with the long cooldown of the spell. Even before the Firelands hotfixes, you'd find it either difficult or impossible to get off more than 1 Doomguard per encounter.

Is the intention of the CD reduction merely to make it more likely that it's up for every attempt, or are we actually supposed get off more than one Doomguard per encounter next tier?

just cause we have ancient grimoire? that seems a bit unfair to demo, so now our 2 points talent is giving us(with 2 piece) only 10 secs more of doom/infernal in relation to affliciton and destro...

Probably has to do with the fact that the Doomguard for Demo does massively more damage than the other two specs. I wouldn't be surprised if the bonus still benefits Demo the most.
Warlock set bonuses, ARE HORRIBLE!
Why does Blizzard keep doing this to us...
Give destro a buff, INCREASE FIRE DAMAGE BY 30%. That should be a set bonus.
Makes ISF LAST LONGER. So I don't feel like my DPS will suffer when I have to hard cast because no proc!
Last, I think life tap should be shareable to healers! Make people want to invite us to raids! lol

Druid

• Balance, 4P -- Reduces the cooldown of Starsurge by 5 sec.

• Feral, 2P -- Pulverize now also grants your Mangle (Bear) critical strikes a 100% chance to trigger Savage Defense, and your Blood in the Water talent now causes Ferocious Bite to refresh the duration of your Rip on targets with 60% or less health.
  • Feral, 4P -- Frenzied Regeneration also affects all raid and party members. This effect cannot be triggered if you have been in Bear Form for less than 15 sec. In addition, your Stampede talent now grants two charges after using Feral Charge (Cat).

I like the change about requiring us to be in bear form for 15 seconds(this should prevent people making all cat dps druids switch to bear to pop this), but I'm still iffy on the 4pc cat bonus. It's a good bonus on any fight we can feral charge on, but if we can not feral charge it's garbage. How about changing it to where Rip or Rake periodic damage has a 2-4% chance of activating Stampede. This or anything will be better on fights where the only time we might be able to feral charge is at the beginning.

I agree that making the 4-pc bonus contingent on being able to FC is iffy, unless every boss in 4.3 can be feral charged. (I'm looking at you, Ragnaros).

But I disagree on the 15-seconds for FR. As a raider, I am always asking myself, "what more can I do to help the raid win a fight?" And this was going to be a great tool for me as cat DPS to pop in a clutch situation. "prevent people making all cat dps druids switch to bear to pop this"? You should be jumping at the chance to get a tool like this that could help your raid.
Update 9/29: We've made several adjustments to the tier 13 set bonuses. You'll find the latest stats below (changes are in bold).

Mage

• 2P -- Your Arcane Blast has a 100% chance, and your Fireball and Frostbolt spells have a 50% chance to grant Stolen Time, increasing your haste rating by 50 for 30 sec and stacking up to 10 times. When Arcane Power, Combustion, or Icy Veins expires, all stacks of Stolen Time are lost.
  • 4P -- Each stack of Stolen Time also reduces the cooldown of Arcane Power by 7 sec, Combustion by 4 sec, and Icy Veins by 6 sec.

Doesn't this blatantly favor arcane, a spec that honestly doesn't need another leg up over frost and especially not fire?

Arcane Blast already casts faster (2 seconds vs 2.5 seconds for fireball) AND gets faster and faster as you build up Arcane Blast debuff stacks. It is also almost the ONLY thing you're casting in an arcane rotation.

Fireball and Frostbolt are not monolithic in fire or frost's rotation. They are obviously the highest representation of spells, but you are actually casting other things for a meaningful amount of GCDs. On an encounter, a mage playing arcane will have VASTLY more numbers of Arcane Blast casts vs Fireballs or Frostbolts.

If anything, AB should have a 50% chance with Fireball and Frostbolt having the 100% effect. You should seriously evaluate reversing the proc chance, because those percentages don't make sense given the ratio of spell casts for those spells in _any_ encounter.

Have you guys even looked at a damage breakdown for mages in the past two years?
•Feral, 2P -- Pulverize now also grants your Mangle (Bear) critical strikes a 100% chance to trigger Savage Defense, and your Blood in the Water talent now causes Ferocious Bite to refresh the duration of your Rip on targets with 60% or less health.

•Feral, 4P -- Frenzied Regeneration also affects all raid and party members. This effect cannot be triggered if you have been in Bear Form for less than 15 sec. In addition, your Stampede talent now grants two charges after using Feral Charge (Cat).

2 piece, pretty durn nice

4 piece for bears ain't bad, 4 piece for cats is the worst thing I have ever seen since vanilla set bonuses when a druid was either resto or sat. Especially considering the number of kologarn-esque fights (such as Sinestra, Magmaw, Ragnaros, Al'akir...) where we can't shred or feral charge because the mob has no back or has a whole bunch of insta-gib lava on said back. Who thought making a 4 piece set bonus dependent on an ability that is outright USELESS on entirely too many fights was a good idea? Cuz it ain't.

That 4-piece is a bloody insult.
Yay for warlock 4set! Whether it's good remains to be seen, but at least it's not strange and limiting now. It's actually awesome quality of life-wise.
09/29/2011 02:20 PMPosted by Meioh
If anything, AB should have a 50% change with Fireball and Frostbolt having the 100% effect.

Include FROSTFIRE BOLT! Seriously, though. Why does Frostfire always have to fight tooth an nail to be included in basic things.

WELL DONE on the Holy changes, though!
09/29/2011 02:02 PMPosted by Kotaké
i love arcane?

Then you love playing casually and easy spec, good job, but for people that enjoy a challenge they don't seem to care. You can go mash your one button some where else please.
Can we have warrior set bonuses linked to BT, instead of RB, even if the percentages have to be tweaked a little? SMF and TG are probably the closest performing choice variations, but linking the 4-piece on every tier to RB tends to bias TG since SMF doesn't RB on CD.