Patch 4.3: Tier 13 Set Bonuses - 9/29

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 73 Next
(my main is a lock)

I will have faith that your set bonues have some sort of synergy with Destro.... seeing that is the spec that needs the most help. Please dont let us down Blizz. Destro needs help. You know. I know it. And so does the entire lock forums.
DPS Warrior Set Bonuses are Terrible, please go back to the drawing table.

You guys can go boring but effective if you want like:

2pc: Mortal Strike and Bloodthrist cost 40% less Rage.
4pc: Execute can now be used on targets with 40% Health or less.

Best Idea Ever.
For DPS warriors, the 2pc bonus is pretty decent. Most warriors will likely macro IR onto maybe Colossus Smash or something similar given that's where we want most of our burst, and allowing the possibility of 3 Heroic Strikes under CSmash's debuff is pretty good. You don't even have to use HS on every CD during IR's duration even, but the option is there if you want it. It'll also be much better during burn phases where Hero/BL/TW is up. I'm liking it.

The 4pc bonus, however, is pretty damned atrocious. Not only does it require the boss to be in execute phase (so 80% of the fight is already over and your 4pc bonus has been 100% useless until then), but you need to use Execute in a 6 second window and hope for a crit. Not only do you need a crit, but you only have a 20% chance off of that crit to refresh CSmash's duration. That's a pretty low chance, and it's probably one of the worst DPS bonuses I've seen on a warrior set. Fury warriors currently have a pretty high crit chance, but Arms warriors don't have the same thing going for them.
I do hope you intend to bake the 4p12 set bonus for frost into the spec, because as it stands, that's the only reason it's competitive with arcane before you get Dragonwrath. Arcane pulling ahead by about 4k after both specs acquire it...

The mage T13 bonuses seem a bit underwhelming. 500 haste works out to ~3.9%, and it's a stacking effect that's consumed. There's a reason we didn't like Heart of Ignacious.

AP cooldown reduction doesn't work without evocation to back it up if it's going to continue to increase the mana cost. You already delay using it until evocation comes up as is. Consider making evocation cooldown reduction instead.

IV goes from 13.8% uptime to 23.8%. This means IV's averaged contribution for the duration of it+cooldown length goes from 2.76% haste to 4.76%, and drops us another 3.9% as it expires.

The interaction between the two bonuses should be scrapped. Consider increasing the cooldown reduction on IV. 4p12-frost needs to be baked into the spec.

Edit: A clarification would be appreciated as well. Is the cooldown reduction applied by refreshes of the stacking buff or is it just applied by the stacked consumed at the end? Does this drop IV to 1.4m or does it drop it to what could presumably be as low as 30 seconds? That would make it head and shoulders above what most are reading it as, and would make my above analysis a moot point, as losing 4% haste in exchange for a radically low cooldown IV would make up for it.
Balance, 4P -- Starsurge generates 100% extra Lunar or Solar energy while Eclipse is not active.

This would be amazing. I really hope it happens.
congrats blizzard you're making warlocks go demo for the 2pc. and that 4pc is just terrible. 2min15secs in to the fight and i'll be out of a 4pc. well done.
Balance, 4P -- Starsurge generates 100% extra Lunar or Solar energy while Eclipse is not active.

This would be amazing. I really hope it happens.

Seems like it'd be worse than our current 4pc by quite a bit.
Feral 4P better change for cats since that set bonus is absolutely terrible. What, am I supposed to run in and out sacrificing a ton of DPS every 15 seconds to get 2 ravages for an entire fight (as if I'm not watching enough timers)? And that's if it's a boss I can even feral charge since there are plenty where I can't or if I do I end up dead (Ragnaros).
t12 heroic is gonna be better for boomies then t13 >_<
Seem to be giving Tanks a little taste of what's to come with the Overhaul next xpac
Absoloute worst 4 piece blizzard ever created for a lock, it seems as they get worse and worse as tiers go on #GetBetterAtYourJob
Feral, 4P -- Frenzied Regeneration also affects all raid and party members, and your Stampede talent now grants two charges after using Feral Charge (Cat)

why does every dps class 4 piece give a damage bonus except the feral (cat) 4p? what use is 2 charges of feral charge in a raid setting?
Making my spells briefly cheaper during a period of time I'm most likely not even casting?

So you activate an ability that gives you 20% haste and crit to not cast during its duration?
It didn't say divine plea lol.
09/24/2011 06:48 PMPosted by Umpla
Who wants 30% spell haste on Spiriwalkers Grace? Thats so bad.

Eh, seems like a decent cooldown, 30% haste for 20 seconds is very nice. And combined with the mana reduction of SLT...
Still id rather the bonus be something that could be used more than once every 2 minutes.
I don't energy cap enough as is I suppose. The 4p bonus for Rogue is fine, but the 2p is going to be sort of hard to use as a Combat Rogue. And definitely can't be used while Adrenaline Rush is up.
I cried after I read the paladin set bonus, both 2 peice and 4 peice are of such little use that one may aswell not even have them.
After triggering Tricks of the Trade, your abilities cost 20% less energy for 6 sec.

Dat Sdance? With Deathwing's fangs?
wtf really shadow dance 4 piece set bonus for rouges wtf PVE gear that would be something for pvp gear sub spec sucks for raids