BlizzCon Plans

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
09/28/2011 07:02 PMPosted by Bashiok
Some of you might have seen some recent speculation out there regarding the unannounced MMO and BlizzCon. There’s going to be a ton of information and content at the show -- including a closing concert by Foo Fighters, which we just revealed today -- but we want to be clear up front that we’re not going to be discussing the unannounced MMO.

I feel sorry for people that paid to go...
the "recent speculation" isn't recent. people have speculated that there has been a design shift since wrath. the leak of "titan" happened back in Jan/Feb. all this does is show that we are correct in assuming there was a design team shift to support a new mmo.

from what i have gathered, wow is in death mode. the knee jerk reaction nerfs and the slow buffs shows the wow team is doing the bare minimum to keep subs strung along as blizz waits for the new mmo to go live.

in the 80's atari believed they could sell a garbage product based on name alone - blizz is headed down the same road. you can't poop on a platter and call it caviar.

edit:
blizz + activision + bungie = maybe a "halo futuristic mmo"?

How many times must it be said? NEW IP.
Clearly 3 thing will be on the agenda

1)diablo3

2)starcraft

3) next wow expansion reveal
09/29/2011 07:45 PMPosted by Draug
Wait so you aren't interested in a game being developed by the people who made the #1 mmorpg in the world? I'm sorry but I think you are in the minority here... as in singular. Plenty of people are interested in Project titan, and can't wait for details to be released by Blizzard.

#1 based on what? Subscribers and sales maybe, but in terms of "best" reviews and such many other MMOs rank higher. I'm still interested in what Titan is, but I just hope it differs greatly from WoW in terms of core design concepts.

An any case.. as for the OP:

If they announce it at BlizzCon then it would no longer be unannounced and therefore they could discuss it. Personally though, I think the "surprise" announcement will be the next WoW expansion since with where they are at in Cataclysm they've got to have an expansion already in the works.
09/28/2011 07:02 PMPosted by Bashiok
Some of you might have seen some recent speculation out there regarding the unannounced MMO and BlizzCon. There’s going to be a ton of information and content at the show -- including a closing concert by Foo Fighters, which we just revealed today -- but we want to be clear up front that we’re not going to be discussing the unannounced MMO.

Can't you just call it "Titan"? Or would you get in trouble for that? The whole world knows the temporary internal name. There's no use wasting all the extra syllables.
FOO FIGHTERS! Not my fav but its better than some generic metal crap. Thanks!!

Oh yeah the MMO thing, whatevs

By generic metal crap you mean generic metal bands and not metal as a whole right? because if you do mean that metal as a whole is generic then you should educate your self and then rethink the statement.
09/29/2011 01:54 PMPosted by Philar
If you annouce it, then it won't be unannounced and you would be able to discuss it, right?

Announcing it's unannounced makes it announced so it's not unannounced it's actually announced. Unless thery're announcing that it's now unannounced which is announcing it was announced but its now unannounced.

the "recent speculation" isn't recent. people have speculated that there has been a design shift since wrath. the leak of "titan" happened back in Jan/Feb. all this does is show that we are correct in assuming there was a design team shift to support a new mmo.

from what i have gathered, wow is in death mode. the knee jerk reaction nerfs and the slow buffs shows the wow team is doing the bare minimum to keep subs strung along as blizz waits for the new mmo to go live.

in the 80's atari believed they could sell a garbage product based on name alone - blizz is headed down the same road. you can't poop on a platter and call it caviar.

edit:
blizz + activision + bungie = maybe a "halo futuristic mmo"?

How many times must it be said? NEW IP.

^
Sadly, some people wont know what means IP on a wow forum, pal.
So let me get this straight....

1. WoW

2. SC2

3. D3

4. Titan?
Thanks for saving me from buying the virtual tickets.
09/28/2011 07:48 PMPosted by Scyley
I'm sorry, But regardless of whether or not this is true, you are obviously trolling. Blizzard doesn't clarify anything.

You beat me to it... at least I read through the first page before I posted!
Be sure NOT to mention.. The Elephant in the room after it follows you in and sits center stage with spotlights on it. and Screams your name thru a Megaphone 6 feet away!
will the expansion be announced?
Just gives me a reason not to care! thanks! saved me some money!
who is hosting blizzcon this year.

last year's dual host set up was a disaster