Heirlooms

General Discussion
Prev 1 47 48 49 51 Next

Acting like making a computer system do something to solve this issue one way or another is impossible for such a HUGE company to accomplish in THIS day and age is asinine.

QFT.
100s of hours per person With a fairly decent sized team if your talking implementing, bug testing, and ensuring 100% accuracy no item loss with players QQing a storm up about a buggy system.
What about an account bank. An npc that is in the banker area and opens an account wide bank. Of course it would have to cost 1k-5k to open the first time. Would that be better in terms of coding and such?
04/19/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Vyndal
What about an account bank. An npc that is in the banker area and opens an account wide bank. Of course it would have to cost 1k-5k to open the first time. Would that be better in terms of coding and such?

Agreed. A new void npc perhaps, since cross-realm is something like 'crossing a void'. This could be like regular void storage, but account-linked and only able to store BoA items/companions/mounts/etc. No extra copies necessary.
As far as 1k to 5k opening, it would limit the purpose of starting out with BoAs on a new server due to the price of unlocking on a low level character. I could see this feature being a one time purchase in the Blizzard store perhaps, if the issue comes down to money lost in character transfers.
There should be some kind of requirement that forces players to submit a 5+ page essay on object-oriented programming and variable scope before being allowed to make suggestions like this.

Sheesh.
Why do people keep necroing this tired old post?
Delete heirloom items. Give a static 20% exp bonus if you have 1 or more level 85 characters on any server.
04/18/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Raiver
How do items being used for levelling compared to JP and VP items? One is for levelling, the other is for end game. Stop generalizing things, you sound uneducated. The reason i say that is because people will pay for transfers for geared toons, and send heirlooms along with them. The part Blizzard has an issue with is enabling BOAS to be, in any way, shape, or form, available on another realm than that which they were purchased on, unless they were transferred as well. They would lose some Xfers. Some people wouldnt mind completely starting over on other servers.

Actually I was going off of this Blizzard post within this topic, first Blizz post I believe:

Yes, we can mail you an item to every existing character on your Battle.net account. But purchasing a BoA item doesn't result in the item being mailed to your character; nor should it, as we're not going to mail every character a BoA item you've purchased on one character.

So do not start throwing out things such as "You sound uneducated" that is uncalled for, if you don't agree, fine but leave it at that.

Edit: Also I do understand the potential (but probable) loss in profit from realm transfers but sometimes you just have to let somethings go in favor of considering the people that pay to play your game, look how long they went before realm transfers were even an option.
10/05/2011 11:41 AMPosted by Zarhym
Can you see the difference between us mailing every single character on your account on every single realm an item, versus allowing you to mail a single item to any character on your account on any realm? It's a very big one as far as programming is concerned.

5, 10, 15 whatever slot seperate shared bag in your personal bank space.

TADA!!!!! Problem solved.Now if only there were some other Blizzard game that utilized this sort of system that I could use as an example....

...oh wait
Account wide "void storage" type implementation

Deposit Heirloom

Log on any other char

Withdraw Heirloom

that is how I would like to see it work.
10/05/2011 11:41 AMPosted by Zarhym
What we want to build into Battle.net is the ability for this type of item to be mailed to any character on your account, regardless of realm. Such a system does not exist yet and provides a weighty technical challenge

Glad to hear that you are up for cross-realm BoA transfers.

As I understand the WoW realm architecture (and as a software engineer), I can well imagine that there are some interesting technical issues to figure out.

When you do get it done, I have a toon on Smolderthorn that is waiting on some leather shoulders from his rich Uncle Kab.
04/19/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Zaltina
Can you see the difference between us mailing every single character on your account on every single realm an item, versus allowing you to mail a single item to any character on your account on any realm? It's a very big one as far as programming is concerned.

5, 10, 15 whatever slot seperate shared bag in your personal bank space.

Except, the servers do not work to communicate together in this fashion as yet. Once this technical hurdle is overcome, then the system for mailing heirlooms to other servers will be worked in.
I sense dark necromancy...
cross-realm mailing will be implemented once they figure out how to make a whole expansion out of it, sort of like flight in Azeroth.
I'm not about to read through this entire thread, but there is a very easy solution to this problem:

Change the text Bind on Account to read Bind on Server. Then people don't get confused about why they can't transfer it to a character on a different server. Yay!
04/19/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Razortusk
Why do people keep necroing this tired old post?

Because having your Bind on Account heirlooms accessible for every character on your account is something that people have been asking for since they introduced heirlooms in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I love Blizzard, and I think their development team is top notch, but this is one topic that they've danced around with the exact same answer for YEARS. We understand that it's something they do want to implement, but they want to get it right. The reason threads like this keep happening is because that's been their stance from the beginning, yet they've shown no indication whatsoever that they've even began working on something for it.