Heirlooms

General Discussion
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 Next
instead of a vendor it should be a tab or button in your charachter bank,
Hello? Is this thing on?

Testing. Testing. Check one.

You could use a little more cowbell.

Wait... I think I hear a Tauren coming now...
04/19/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Zaltina
Can you see the difference between us mailing every single character on your account on every single realm an item, versus allowing you to mail a single item to any character on your account on any realm? It's a very big one as far as programming is concerned.

5, 10, 15 whatever slot seperate shared bag in your personal bank space.

TADA!!!!! Problem solved.Now if only there were some other Blizzard game that utilized this sort of system that I could use as an example....

...oh wait

If you are referring to Diablo 3's shared stash, that only works on the same server. If you play on USWest and drop an item in the shared stash, it won't show up when you make a character on USEast. So it's just as limited.
Hello, necro-thread from 2011.
04/19/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Celna
It is weird how blizzard both discourages necroing yet also encourages people to use the search function to avoid double-posting.
!@#$%^s.
Do you know these people? Its funny how people think they "know" someone else by reading a post on the internet. Wake up buddy, there are 6billion+ people on this world. Still think you have everyone figured out?
If the problem is simply not wanting us to unlock BoAs for every character as Ocon suggested, why not just use your JP on one of your mains to simply unlock the BoA item? (Again, as Ocon suggested.) However, just let the unlock be good for a one time purchase on any toon across realms. Once you buy it once on any of your toons, the item will once again be locked for purchase until the required currency is paid again (Justice Points in this case). Zarhym says that BoAs are earned which makes sense, but if you have the potential to unlock them once, I don't see how you haven't earned them. As it should be a player achievement unlocking them, not a character achievement. Your alt characters that you mail them to, that are currently on the same realm as your character(s) able to purchase them, have not technically earned the right to unlock them either by that logic.

To make that work to its full potential, the BoAs acquired from your Guild Reputation (Helmet and Cape) should be moved to being bought with Justice Points as well, and replace them with other trinkets that players would want and give them motivation to work on their Guild Reputation. Maybe a companion and title that can only be achieved that way.

I used to play a Warlock as my main, and I always thought alternate minion skins would be amazing to unlock. So maybe something that is class specific as a Guild Reward. That way you would have something to look forward to on all your characters.There is a lot of cross realm related features Blizzard has recently added, with Battlegroups, Dungeon Finder, and Real ID. I don't think we'll be waiting forever to see them allow BoA transfer to other realms one way or another.
Then Blizzard and the Development Team shouldn't refer to the items as Bind to Account, but instead, Bind to Server. If you're that hung up on technical limitations, you should at least strive for technical accuracy.
Can i use a Heirloom on one account for some time, then send it to another later?
05/25/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Minho
Can i use a Heirloom on one account for some time, then send it to another later?

Don't think so you can use them on any toon or character on the account but they are account bound.....as for necro of this thread who cares.....it still a huge issue we players want fixed so it doesn't cost us a arm and leg to use heirloom on different realms....I am disabled and live a on a small pension I can ill afford to pay to send a toon over to another realm with heirlooms.

We were promised over 3+ years ago by blizzard and the dev team we would be able to send these heirlooms to other realms without having to pay toon transfer costs....they still haven't worked it out or fixed it yet.

The idea presented by blizzard at blizzcon last year of allowing up too 50 toons on any realm you choose would of fixed this whole issue. But blizzard stockholders didn't like the idea of losing transfer fees from players that pay them to move around heirloom gear to others realms if their main realm is full already with 10 toons.

So bottom line is this they lied to us and still lying to us about allowing the use of heirlooms without real money costs.
10/05/2011 11:41 AMPosted by Zarhym
I honestly don't buy the "It's a technical limitation" line. They can flag an account to have pets sent to each character when it's made, something similar can be done with BoA's, they just don't necessarily see it as important. "Technical Limitation" = "Not on our agenda"

What you're describing are two incredibly different mechanics which require very different technical solutions. Yes, we can mail you an item to every existing character on your Battle.net account. But purchasing a BoA item doesn't result in the item being mailed to your character; nor should it, as we're not going to mail every character a BoA item you've purchased on one character. The reason you might not accept the fact we call this a technical limitation seems to be because we fundamentally disagree about how the system should work.

Why not make it so when you purchase an item, you aren't buying the item right then and there, but you are "unlocking" it for the account.

You have to earn the ability to purchase each BoA item. You're not unlocking access to a BoA item which can then be duplicated for every character on an account. You're buying one item. But, that item can be given (not duplicated) to any character on the same account and realm via the in-game mail. What we want to build into Battle.net is the ability for this type of item to be mailed to any character on your account, regardless of realm. Such a system does not exist yet and provides a weighty technical challenge -- we need to make sure there are no adverse effects to making in-game mail cross-realm. For instance, just because we want you to be able to send BoA items to any character on your account, regardless of realm, doesn't necessarily mean we want to open Pandora's box by allowing anyone to mail anything not BoP cross-realm.

Can you see the difference between us mailing every single character on your account on every single realm an item, versus allowing you to mail a single item to any character on your account on any realm? It's a very big one as far as programming is concerned.

In other words when we made as much money as we can from transfers, then we will consider it.

We were promised over 3+ years ago by blizzard and the dev team we would be able to send these heirlooms to other realms without having to pay toon transfer costs....

They seem to find plenty of time to work on other projects.

Funny how they talked about Blizzcon 2012 in this thread, lol.
It is weird how blizzard both discourages necroing yet also encourages people to use the search function to avoid double-posting.

There's a difference between the two. The search is for something recent, such as a couple days to a week, not a seven months...
what may work is when u buy a BoA item it goes to your account and you can choose where to send it; to what toon. so you still only have 1 of that item you bought but u choose what server it is on
I'd really like to see Heirlooms change up some.

I'm thinking that a spelltab that creates a soulbound item with no sell price would work well.
Any news on this?