An error has occurred - 10/11

Customer Support
Greetings all,

There is currently an issue with a couple of the character services where when you select the character you wish to Transfer or Faction Change you are directed to a page that says - "An error has occurred".

This is currently under investigation and appears merely to be a web based error. We hope to have the matter resolved as quickly as possible and will provide what updates we can when they become available.
So I guess this is why I can't transfer characters between servers.

Yeah I think that would be the case. Sucks cause I wanted to transfer my tank so that I could get into a permanent raid spot.
I'm getting that error too, tried clearing my cache and cookies, switching browsers etc. Would love to see a solution.
If any of you guys get thru please update us. At the point I think I will go to the gym and come back
yea same things is happening to me :/ laaame
i wish it could be resolved fast. it would be great to be able to play my warrior on the other side right about now
ah it looks like its been an all day thing since the server reset , cuz ive been tryn to move char since this morning... seems like it will be awhile , sadly

10/11/2011 03:32 PMPosted by Denarlan
i wish it could be resolved fast. it would be great to be able to play my warrior on the other side right about now
Want to faction change my lazer chicken getting same error Q_Q thanks Moriariy for showing the sticky
I talked to them on the phone, they were able to do that for me. You guys should try it.
My previous issues since server restarts were any characters I tried to pick for server transfer kicked me to a page with the error, return to the previous page message.

10 minutes ago I tried looking up several toons on armory. The ones that were removed from guilds but still shown as guilded on the transfer page were then updated as guildless. This allowed me to choose them for transfers with no errors.

I then proceeded to check the character that I wanted to transfer in armory (who is in a different guild than what was reflected on the transfer page). This updated her guild, but took several tries until I could reach the billing page. Transaction is now pending. At least part of the process seems to be fixed!

If people are still having issues, try looking up your character(s) armory to update the transfer page as this seemed to fix things for me!
I posted on larger, different thread regarding this issue. Here's my small findings which may or may not be helpful.

Funnily enough I can elect to realm transfer a character that was not in a guild prior to this issue but any characters that are in a guild or have been in a guild since this problem started receive the "You may not pass!" error. Gquiting characters did not update the info in the realm transfer page even though the armory profile updated right away and gquiting a character did not make the problem go away either.

Here's an update: I can now elect to transfer a guilded character that I could not previously. Wish me luck!

Another update: I did update my Billing Profile (it was set to an old card that has since expired) even though I have a paid 6 month subscription with working card.
Mine finally went thru on my warlock, now ... how long shall it take :P
And realm transfer successful! Total transfer duration: 10 minutes
Glad all your realm transfers are working, but I am still stuck in the long dark tunnel that is faction changing.
It looks like the issue with Character Transfers/Faction Changes has been resolved. Those who were getting the "An error has occurred" message, please try it again.

mine just keeps saying pending still and when i check the transaction history it says complete but i still cant get on that character or change it to horde
10/11/2011 04:37 PMPosted by Vrakthris
It looks like the issue with Character Transfers/Faction Changes has been resolved. Those who were getting the "An error has occurred" message, please try it again.
my pending won't go away its been over an hour and a half wait... I want compensated for this time by the way!
mine to