Please un-sticky

Priest
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next
Is there a Disc PVP guide that goes into a little more detail as to how to actually PVP as Disc? As much as I appreciate the stat/gearing breakdown I've been looking for a guide with more focus on playing Disc in a PVP environment.
02/06/2013 08:38 PMPosted by Mahourai
Is there a Disc PVP guide that goes into a little more detail as to how to actually PVP as Disc? As much as I appreciate the stat/gearing breakdown I've been looking for a guide with more focus on playing Disc in a PVP environment.

I'm far from an experienced priest and I'm not much for writing guides, but I can offer you what little tactics I've picked up along the way.

- Dispel, dispel, dispel.
- Fear, fear, fear.
- Keep Power Word: Shield and Prayer of Mending on cooldown.
- Feel free to spam some Smites if you're pressure free.
Hello everyone :)

Im kinda new to PVP, and I play as a Disc. Priest. I have a question. My friend gave me a new glyph the other day called Reflective Shield I think. I can cast 45% of the damage I abosorb from Power Word Shield back at the attacker. Power Word Shield is instant, and the damage from Reflective Shield is instant, and automatically thrown back at the attacker. So I was thinking that if I had high states in Intelect, Mastery, and also had Mastery Shield which increase the potency of all of my damage abosorbstion spells by 20%, that would in turn do more damage to my attacker in PVP. This would allow me ample time to cast Phsyco Scream, and then while my attacker is running away I could just heal up my team or myself, and then repeat. If I got stunned, or frozzen I could just use my trinket that removes all movement imparing effects, and then cast Power Word Shield ect. ect..
Would this be a suffecient enough damage for PVP? Would this be a better plan than filling my bar with damage spells, and spending the time to cast them? I hope my wording is accurate, and easy to understand. I just want to know if this is a good stratigy for PVP Battle Grounds, or if there is a better one.

Thanks!

-Winning is all that matters. It does not matter how you do it, as long as you get it done. Win Loss Over Kill Death Ratio-
Good job muppets! Wish I could waste my time doing what the Blues are suppose to do.
plz give twink 19 priests back renew its so hard and unfair how other classes that heal have heals they can cast as they move we how ever have to stop to cast a heal its horrible to take our only heal we can cast while moveing every time i get back on my priest ive had for many years that used to be fun its a nightmare plz help plz give us back renew...
R U RETARDED? the BEST disc pvprs are wrong? LOL well by lord.... i DONT wanta be right then. If you dnt like haste over all... dont mean its wrong.... its just wrong for YOU!
hay can you put an up to date guide plz
Question. Why is there a shadow set and a holy set for malev and tyrannical but no disc?
Can you please add some general Pvp gameplay tips and tricks, what to do in a rogue opener, best way to survive a DK etc?
could you let us know some of your keybinds? really curious how you make all this work together.
also what is the macro for casting on yourself without targeting yourself?

So with 5.3 up and live. there hasn't been no active from this forum. So lets start with our secondary status. We will add spirit in it as well (although most people already do). I have notice that with the new trinkets, (taken mastery out). I find that I really like the stamina trinkets BUT, I know better. It really wasn't discussed what would be better other than mastery. So I leave the floor open what would you guys go for? My opinion, I am a really big crit fan but when I stacked it, it didn't give me the results I was hoping for. (Gave me a lot of waisted gold though).
on my priest after mastery I aim for some haste. I will take faster cast time guaranteed over the occasional random crit.
Any ETA on this being updated to reflect the new season and the changes that came with it?