Using Aggra's Voice Actress for Tyrande

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Is an absolutely horrible idea, Blizzard. Aggra makes for a passable female Orc (Although that is debatable), because they have rough and harsher voices than many of the Females of other races.

However, the new Tyrande sounds so foreign compared to the other Night Elves. I know that you guys have a tendency for making Faction leaders stand out in various ways, but she sounds almost identical to Aggra in every way. I dont know who the voice actress is, but, I'm sorry, she just isn't that good. She cannot provide nearly any range expressing emotions, and generally sounds monotone in every piece of dialogue given in the game.

Please, just keep the same voice actress as there was in War3 and is being used for her currently. It's much, much better.

Here is a video with her new voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ5Da77pcBY&feature=channel_video_title
Here's the kick.

It's the same actor from WC3.
Here's the kick.

I've heard this before and yet nobody has been able to prove it.

They sound completely different.
Here's the kick.

It's the same. Light knows why she decided to use a troll accent.

It's the same. Light knows why she decided to use a troll accent.

Again, proof?

Here's a video of Tyrande from Warcraft 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm7eBcT9pro&feature=player_embedded

They sound quite different.
it sounds more like Aggra mixed with some troll than the voice actress from WC3 Tyrande. The fact that she sounds NOTHING like the Tyrande on live is annoying. The added fact that she sounds *less* sophisticated than the Tyrande on live is flat-out humiliating to night elves. but what else is new...
Tyrande should be firm, eloquent and not soft spoken. Right now she says da and dis instead of the and this. That alone should be reason enough to take the acting back to the drawing board... She's the leader of the night elves, not some spacey troll priestess lost in da voodoo a da moonlait

... What?

People have been calling you guys evolved trolls for years, and you're the one who's being humiliated?

Perhaps this was deserved then.
why is blizz ruining every female character's voice in the game

first sylvannas then alexstraza now tyrande
Oh how I miss the old Sylvanas voice

Dear god, just saw the video, this is a joke right??
Is Tyrande spanish?
10/10/2011 04:18 AMPosted by Chandrâ
yes it's humiliating for a night elf to ever sound like a troll, especially Tyrande when she *has never* sounded so aweful. Check your wording, notice you said evolved. And I agree, apparently some lore magazine which is no longer in print supports this. It's humiliating to call a human, irl, a chimpanzee. All the same applies here. You trolls are the chimpanzees to the Night Elves evolved human. Take what you want from it...

You did not evolve.

The magics of the Well of Eternity combined with possible Elune intervention mutated Dark Trolls into Elves.

Mutated.

Twisted, sick aberrations of what SHOULD be.
Let da light of elune guide you mon.
MAKE IT STOP, SHES BUTCHERING TYRANDE!
10/10/2011 04:28 AMPosted by Infamouss
MAKE IT STOP, SHES BUTCHERING TYRANDE!

As if WoW and the Short Story hadn't butchered her enough.
The voice actress in question has produced arguably the worst in game recordings I have heard. Agra had terrible voice acting and dialogue, the Tyrande stuff is just as bad only with an awful accent.
First of all: it doesn't sound "rough" to me. Neither, for that matter, does Aggra's voice. "Rough" ain't the problem.

It does sound like the same VA, only trying for "troll" (and not doing the best job at it).

The accent is incongruous in both cases. Yes, elves may be kin to trolls; however, the distinct accents are one of the ways in which they're set apart from one another.

As for Aggra randomly having that draenei/Uriel Chuluun voice...I don't even know. But, as I said, it's incongruous.

10/10/2011 04:18 AMPosted by Chandrâ
You trolls are the chimpanzees to the Night Elves evolved human. Take what you want from it...
Or, alternately, elves are mutants. Who have lost their tusks. Tragic, really.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
OP, that IS the voice actor from WC3.

You can pinpoint specific parts that sound exactly alike "IE, when she says demons it sounds 100% the same as she says in WC3".

I find it incredibly infuriating that she decided to put an aggra/troll voice to it. I get that it was 10,000 years ago and that Tyrande woulda been about 3000 years old (Don't quote me on that), but come on.