Using Aggra's Voice Actress for Tyrande

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 26 Next
Wow. Just wow.

I normally don't complain about voices. I wasn't happy about the change to Sylvanas voice but her new voice still matched her.

This new voice doesn't match Tyrande at all. It sounds more trollish than Nightelf. Just isn't right Blizz.

^This. I'm actually logging in just to post on this topic before I head off to do something else.
You guys fixed your mistake with Azshara which restored my faith in you all.

I'm not saying I don't like Aggra's voice actor, and she makes a good Orc, even a Troll, but certainly not a good Night Elf. They don't speak with "dis" and "dat".
Wow.... it sounds... *exactly* like Aggra. Like, one hundred percent like Aggra. Could the VA maybe attempt another voice, or is that the only variation she can do?
Seriously, who at Blizzard was there when the recording was being done and said "Yeah, that works"? Because they're probably deaf.

It's Tyrande, not Tyraggra.
It's fine. Tyrande's voice was always a bit weird anyways.
10/11/2011 10:22 AMPosted by Tskiera
Wow.... it sounds... *exactly* like Aggra. Like, one hundred percent like Aggra. Could the VA maybe attempt another voice, or is that the only variation she can do?

Voice actors doing multiple voices?! UNPOSSIBLE!
MALFURION MALFURION MALFURION
or is it
ILLIDAN ILLIDAN ILLIDAN
?
10/11/2011 10:39 AMPosted by Felscream

It's not fine. She sounds like freakin Aggra. Lose the accent.

No other Nelf has an accent like that. In WC3 she has a sort of odd way of talking, but it doesn't sound anything like this. It's like she is reverting to her troll roots or something.
10/11/2011 10:54 AMPosted by Devashri

It's not fine. She sounds like freakin Aggra. Lose the accent.

No other Nelf has an accent like that. In WC3 she has a sort of odd way of talking, but it doesn't sound anything like this. It's like she is reverting to her troll roots or something.

She's not the first NPC to be voiced by the same actor and sound the similar. Maybe the connection to her troll roots was what they had in mind when they decided to change it.

In the end, it's an NPC that's done virtually nothing for the last 7-8 years and now they're finally getting around to her with a new model/voice. Change is your friend, not your enemy.
Just because something changes does not mean it is good.
10/11/2011 10:58 AMPosted by Felscream
Maybe the connection to her troll roots was what they had in mind when they decided to change it.

So Azshara should sound Trollish too, yeah? And Illidan?

Oh no, wait, he still sounds like he's from Transylvania.

Stretch harder.

Change is your friend, not your enemy.

And the award for simplified and meaningless phrases goes TO!

Just a head's up, if you classify any change as good change, you're probably a fanboy/girl :)
ugh...just ugh - Aggra's voice is seriously like nails on a chalkboard, it would be spiffy if they would use it for less in game not more. Hearing her voice in game currently makes me want to punch babies*, not to mention it makes absolutely no sense for Tyrande to sound like a orc female. It's bad enough that Alexstrasza and Ysera sound like they have had a pack a day smoking habit since the dawn of Azeroth, hate to see them do it to yet another character.

-- Navanya

*babies are not being punched, it's a turn of phrase people :P
She's not the first NPC to be voiced by the same actor and sound the similar. Maybe the connection to her troll roots was what they had in mind when they decided to change it.

Accents don't work that way. If night elves don't have that accent neither should she. Malfurion and Illidan would have it as well as Azshara. No other night elf speaks like that. You don't just magically acquire accents when NO ONE around you has it sorry.

Just a head's up, if you classify any change as good change, you're probably a fanboy/girl :)

I'd rather be a fanboi then follow this trend of over-the-top antifanboyism where rediculously minor changes that have nothing to do with gameplay or even lore (no matter how much you haters try to stretch it) are argued as OMFGHOWDAREYOUBLIZZARD!!

It's a VOICE CHANGE. Get over it! In six months you won't even care.

Just a heads up, putting a smiley face at the end of an insult doesn't make you cool on teh interwebz :)
also to some people in this thread, your prejudice is showing, might wanna try to disguise it better.

How is it prejudiced to say someone "sounds spanish?" Get off the PC train please, no one is saying it sounds bad because "black accent, ew," they're saying it sounds bad because it makes NO SENSE and DOES NOT FIT her at all.

If this voice were used for some female troll, it would be fine, because that's how trolls sound in this game. It's not how elves sound, and it's just stupid to suddenly have her pop up with an accent completely different from the rest of her culture.

I do not care what anyone says. SHE SOUNDS LIKE A BLACK WOMAN WHO SPENT 3 YEARS IN CUBA TRYING TO FAKE A FRENCH ACCENT

were you saying?

also have you even read what i said? people are mentioning spanish AND black accent, which again, makes no sense, didn't knew there was an universal "black" accent across the planet, which just happens to be identical to a spanish accent, but whatever, funny thing i'm not much of a fan of PC, but this is just stupid, why can't we just say she sounds like a troll(which has jamaican accent, not "spanish/black/whatever") and be done with it.
At least it's better voice acting than Al'Akir and the bosses in SFK.

Hopefully they will change it, though.