Blizzard, you've crossed the line

General Discussion
1 2 3 119 Next
I really don't care about your excuses, this is legal gold buying. I can buy ten pets, sell them each for 200g, and boom I just bought 2000g. This is the exact definition of indirect gold buying. I really hope you rethink this decision, because the reason I left a past MMO to join WoW is because they sold products that gave you an indirect advantage, just like this.

EDIT: Clarification. I'm not angry at this item itself, but angry at what it's leading up to. If Blizzard doesn't see any resistance with this, they'll keep pushing the envelope. There's no reason not to. If we don't draw a line somewhere, they'll keep pushing these kinds of things to the point where items and gold are buy able.
Highly Rated
You would pay $100 for 2k gold?
10/10/2011 10:10 AMPosted by Healstime

Examples are examples. The point still stands, you buy an item for real money, you sell it for gold. Therefore, you're trading real money for gold. That's exactly what it is.
10/10/2011 10:08 AMPosted by Auctionshark
because the reason I left a past MMO to join WoW is because they sold products that gave you an indirect advantage, just like this.

Considering the in-game methods of acquiring gold give you more than you need already, what would the advantage be of having more of it?
Buying gold with real money IS DUMB and if im not mistaken agenst ToS Most place that sell gold for real money also are crawling with malware and a hack is sure to follow. so if you buy gold you should be ready to face the conqueces. a hack and possable action by blizz. one more thing the hyjill dails yeild over 300 gold alone there is really no need to buy gold with real money
10/10/2011 10:10 AMPosted by Healstime

Some people would, and therefore gain an advantage in game through real life means. That's the main problem with this, when you boil it down its buying gold, whether its from blizz or not is irrelevant.
Yup, World of Warcraft is going Pay To Win.....This makes it official.

10/10/2011 10:14 AMPosted by Brenda
Buying gold with real money IS DUMB and if im not mistaken agenst ToS Most place that sell gold for real money also are crawling with malware and a hack is sure to follow. so if you buy gold you should be ready to face the conqueces. a hack and possable action by blizz. one more thing the hyjill dails yeild over 300 gold alone there is really no need to buy gold with real money

You have no idea what this thread is about do you?
So, you could buy a TCG card, and sell it too. The card'll cost you real life money, and you sell the code for in game money. This just cuts out the code-redemption part. Other than that, how is it in any way different? It doesn't add any gold to the economy. It's the same gold that's getting traded around now. It's not as if the pet artifically injects money into the game. It's just another item for the AH basically.
because the reason I left a past MMO to join WoW is because they sold products that gave you an indirect advantage, just like this.

Considering the in-game methods of acquiring gold give you more than you need already, what would the advantage be of having more of it?

The advantage of having more gold is nonexistent? Are you kidding me? All it takes is one Mr. Moneybags to create a monopoly of herbs, or ores, or leather on the AH to screw everything up. The price of everything would go waaay up, screwing over people who don't buy these items and lower level characters.

I'm not pissed so much at the item, I'm pissed that this is another step blizzard is taking towards gold selling. If you think they'll draw the line here, you are a stupid, mistaken, fool. As long as there is approval, they will keep pushing the envelope until gold and items will be up on the Blizz store.

EDIT: @Cat. Read my second paragraph of this post for a little more clarification. As well, cards don't guarantee an item. This is guaranteed gold, 100% chance.
OP, no IT IS NOT, stop trolling these forums....earn your gold....Gold is so freaking easy to get, get off your rump and earn it

yes it is. This allows the people who have more disposable income get ahead in the game and that's the whole reason people buy gold. These will sell for thousands of gold on some AHs. This has gone too far and Makes me reconsider this game completely now.
10/10/2011 10:12 AMPosted by Geemo
You can buy pets from the blizzard store then sell them for gold in game now?

You can, but its a heck of a lot harder to actually do considering that you have to pass around a code and enter it outside of the game, which has its own air of black market shadiness compared to buying something that is delivered to your mailbox and easily traded for gold, rinsed and repeated.