Headless Horseman in Goldshire

Achievements
I play on both a US server and an Oceanic server. Yesterday I was playing on the Oceanic server who's local time was mid afternoon. I went down to Goldshire to do the Fire event and waited with a bunch of other players for over an hour for him to show up which he never did. When I was on the US server he was popping in constantly. I'm curious why there is this difference. Why does an Oceanic server have fewer visits from HH?
The Horseman is triggered by accepting the quest "Let the Fires Come" from the Costumed Orphan Matron in town. According to Wowhead, if accepting the quest does not trigger the event, then the event is bugged. Try a different town or open a ticket.

Once the event starts, the matron will offer "Stop the fires!" instead. If you fail, you will have to drop the quest and restart the event.
The Horseman is triggered by accepting the quest "Let the Fires Come" from the Costumed Orphan Matron in town. According to Wowhead, if accepting the quest does not trigger the event, then the event is bugged. Try a different town or open a ticket.

Once the event starts, the matron will offer "Stop the fires!" instead. If you fail, you will have to drop the quest and restart the event.
So all those players hanging around Goldshire couldn't trigger the event? I'd say bug.
He's too busy destroying Brill every few minutes.
If he doesn't trigger from getting the Fire quest daily, wait like a minute & abandon the quest, then pick it back up. That usually triggers it for me.
If there is no attack going on and the Matron is offering Stop the Fires instead of Let the Fires Come then the event has bugged. You need to submit a ticket to let them know that the event is bugged in that town on that server so it can be reset. This is a bug that has been present since the first time this event entered the game.

Typically it is caused by someone picking up the Let the Fires Come quest too quickly after a failed attack. I recommend waiting until the horseman has disappeared from the sky before trying to trigger it again.
lets get a raid to stop the conflagration of brill ,goldshire ete...oh wait we only have 5 guys max to do the quest ,well i guess the towns will have to burn and we get to not compleate the acheivment because blizz doesnt understand its own game and has the whole town burning. or did u bother to play test this quest according to how many people would be doing it.