Update character models: Who would be sad?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
Excuses excuses. 90% players want it, 7% don't care, and 3% are "attached"
I'd love to the males of all the races of WoW come together in love and peace to rejoice at having wrists. That day axes and wands would be set aside, steins would be raised in toast to the art team and brotherhood would be celebrated. Oh wrists, why have you forsake my polygon brethren? Why must my hand sprout directly from my lower arm?

Also, hands that look like hands would be nice.
I would love an update to the older character models.
I say update them, vanilla models just look more like trash with every passing year and even the BC models are starting to show their flaws and gather dust.

Proper way to go about would tbe to INVOLVE the community on update, release the option on a PTR client for us to experiment with them overtime as they're made and let us give our feedback on how things are changed, since they care so much about our feelings on our characters.

This way the community who plays these characters can have an active say on the changes and in possibly 6-7 months would have refined character changes that hopefully 90% of the community could be pleased with at the end of the experiment.

We avoid hasty changes, we involve the community in the creation of the game in a more active manner with communicating with the art and development team and the end result is a refined product at the player's wishes benefiting the majority of the player base. sound good everybody?

EDIT: My back hurts
10/22/2011 02:30 PMPosted by Dyaven
I am extremely upset that they are NOT giving us new models.

This.
If they made are characters still look like our characters only more polished/detailed/less-clunky then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

If they changed character design so much that the art style itself was lost, then I would have a problem with it.
i'd be upset they wasted time doing it. i don't want new models. i'm fine with what we have.

I don't see how it would be a waste of time. They have separate teams for game mechanics and game art, so it's not taking away from raid/dungeon/quest design.
And this is purely an opinion. but I would much, much rather have new character models than new npc models.

And if you are attached to your character, they can simply allow people to use both the old and the new models, so everyone would be happy.
I had the horror of dealing with Everquest updating their character models back in the day, and i'm still scarred by the hideous results they produced with that.

I'm not saying Blizzard would botch things up as bad as Sony did with that model update, but i'd prefer to remain on the safe side and not change them.
If they made are characters still look like our characters only more polished/detailed/less-clunky then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

If they changed character design so much that the art style itself was lost, then I would have a problem with it.
This. You can update, but there is a difference between updating versus actually changing what they look like.
I'm pissed that they're not going to update it. They're completely ignoring the majority. If you dont like what your model gets changed into just give us an option to reselect skin color/facial features like we already can with hair style color and earings.
I've been playing for almost 7 years now, and I've NO sentimental attachment to any of my player models. If anything, that'd draw me in more, to see my human up to date with the ther beautiful graphics in the game. As it stands, my human would look like crap walking around in Pandaria.

Edit: It doesn't even HAVE to be animation updates (though those would be nice too), but I want to APPEAR better more than anything.
Really, they said that ? Models look so dated, who would miss them ?
there is also the impact it will have on subs because of the people playing on low-end computers. some people play wow because they can't run rift, some aren't gonna be able to try gw2 or swtor

if it's gonna cost money to LOSE money then there is a 100% chance they won't do it

They have nice goblin and worgen models and people can still run that. They have nice npc models and people can still play. I don't see how having old races updated the the level of worgen and goblins will change much.
10/22/2011 02:50 PMPosted by Sulmith
game came out in 2004, it will turn 7 next month

Editted for misclick of the wrong number. :P
I play a human male. I'd welcome an update with open arms!
Make me even cuter than I already am????

Sure :-)
So far my theory is proving true.. We want the change and its not a major QQ issue with players.