Update character models: Who would be sad?

General Discussion
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next

Honestly, even if people are made sad by the update, they will readjust. They only case where they wouldn't is if they turned everyone into the current female worgen.

I honestly don't get this. What's wrong with the female worgen? I think it looks fine. Not every race/gender combo is going to appeal to everyone, so if that particular model is just not to your taste, that's fine. It doesn't mean they did it wrong though.
10/23/2011 10:42 AMPosted by Daiyu
if you put a texture pack in the online store to give the classic races a more modern appearance for 50 USD per account I will buy it!

shh! dont give them any ideas ><!!
male tauren have a tiny strip missing from their back, it really bothers me and is one of the reasons i don't play one... that, and, something about their fur bothers me... make their fur on-par with the worgen's and i might play one
Edit: same with the female tauren. haven't played one in a while but i think they have the same strip missing. the female tauren kinda bother me a bit more though. their hands...OMG staring at their hands for too long would drive me insane....
(i wanna clarify so that there's no confusion. their mane is kinda separated down the middle by a couple centimeters, and it bothers the heck out of me. it's pretty noticeable, especially when they jump.)

Honestly, even if people are made sad by the update, they will readjust. They only case where they wouldn't is if they turned everyone into the current female worgen.

I honestly don't get this. What's wrong with the female worgen? I think it looks fine. Not every race/gender combo is going to appeal to everyone, so if that particular model is just not to your taste, that's fine. It doesn't mean they did it wrong though.

Take a look at their face for a moment. What seems wrong about it?
The eyes, the muzzle, and the constantly bared teeth for starters.
Now look at their body.
Malproportioned.
Now their animations.
Glitchy and clip often.
THAT is among our problems with the female worgen. If they just added breasts to the male worgen, along with some correct proportion to go with it, we wouldn't be complaining. But, since they went the troll route, IE female sexier than male, we can complain that it didn't work.
The game continues to age, but as we have no plans of slowing down on development any time in the near future, we want to keep updating and polishing it to stand the test of time (again, without sacrificing the look and feel which has brought players in over the years).[/quote]

I would be ashamed to say that with this new expansion... /shame /shame
oh man i cant wait to see my priest here looking like that new model of tyrande i seen with the high heels, i mean hubba hubba imma be looking gooooooooooooooooooood
Same. I can't stand anymore my tauren cardboard mane, hunchback orcs, humans that have a dog face (to make worgen jealous)... Pre-BC textures are outdated for years, and could have been improved a long time ago. Now it's too late and the job went even more complicated, with demand for MESHES. Is the hassle of postponing even more worthy, to avoid some isolated complains?
Tree of Life was a good example. I knew there were complains only because Blizzard released the Glyph. There were so few wanting the treant, that I didn't even found one of those posts.
Take a look at their face for a moment. What seems wrong about it?
The eyes, the muzzle, and the constantly bared teeth for starters.

Well...yeah they're WoW's version of werewolves . Werewolves typically look like human/wolf hybrids + snarly craziness in most of their depictions. Constantly bared teeth is pretty much par for the course. I wish the eyes would glow like the male versions though, I'll give you that.

Now look at their body.
Malproportioned.

Honestly, I just don't see it. Compared to other races especially like Tauren, who are ridiculously malproportioned. If a male tauren were to exist IRL, their bottom half would be crushed under the tremendous weight of their upper bodies. All in all though, they look proportioned pretty well.

Now their animations.
Glitchy and clip often.

LOL oh man, have you ever played a male dwarf? I have several cause they're awesome, but the clipping issues are insane. I didn't notice much on the worgen, and I like most of their animations. Although I wish they had made their running animation a bit less zombie-like, but meh it's no big eal.

Again, I understand that it's not to your preference, but I really think most people exaggerate the "fiasco of the female worgen". I like playing mine and the model detail on the worgen as a whole is stunning really.
I was expecting this to be one of the main features for MoP. Probably beyond my expectations for the devs to update models for release of the next expansion, but at least do it possibly in 5.1 or 5.2. This has been long overdue.
I'm looking forward to new orc models! make them look alike to Thrall he looks so awesome!
I want updates. :c

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?
Honestly I think Male Orcs who stood up straight would be damn right intimidating. Maybe a little bit more sexeh, but mostly intimidating. Hell, ANY race updated to Pandaren quality would be downright AMAZING in my book.

Please Blizz, ship it with Mists of Pandaria.
Honestly I think Male Orcs who stood up straight would be damn right intimidating. Maybe a little bit more sexeh, but mostly intimidating. Hell, ANY race updated to Pandaren quality would be downright AMAZING in my book.

Please Blizz, ship it with Mists of Pandaria.

Yeah man totally agree, look at the model of Thrall this expansion. That's how I want all Orcs to look like.

Anyway can't wait for them to update models, and please include updates for Blood Elves and Drenai as well, they look good but not as good as Goblins, Worgens and Pandarians.
The game absolutely needs an update to older character models. My tauren would love to have his head moved up from the center of his chest, and be given somewhat of a neck.

Yes to character models updates!
Now their animations.
Glitchy and clip often.

you wanna see glitchy and clipping? look at the undead gun and crossbow shooting animation long and hard. do you see their hand completely just go through the thing? yea.... bothers me so much i won't play an undead hunter till at least 4.3... but i want that shooting animation fixed soon... same with the tauren problem i posted earlier... those are the things that bother me the most. i don't care what they do with the other races, just fix undead and the tauren's fur and their mane.. and maybe the females' hands too
Edit: another thing that bothers me: people that call the Pandaren "Pandarians" OMG i just wanna slap somebody...