Diablo III

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Post Limit:
I loved both Diable games I left D2 : Lod after playing it for 5 years or so, and I'm pretty sure that D3 will break my WoW addiction.

WTB Pindle Runs
Question: Will you be able to play D3 solo, or do you have to be grouped with others?

Cheers.

You can solo from beginning to end.
Wish I still knew my DII username and password.
1 and 2 was good. 3rd is probably going to suck.
Question: Will you be able to play D3 solo, or do you have to be grouped with others?

Cheers.

If it's anything like d1 and d2, (and I think even Blizzard have already stated that 95% of it will be), there will be a single player mode to play through the story, and a massively multi-player mode via battle.net.
10/23/2011 12:51 PMPosted by Rygamortis
Anyone else get the annual pass? Ive never played Diablo before. How is it?

Kill things, take their stuff. Repeat.
11/12/2011 01:22 PMPosted by Seiva

Which is highly addictive. >.>
Just finished beta testing all the characters for Diablo III. They are amazing. My fav is the wizard. She has some awsome powers, especially the demon armour which protects her. My second fav would be the witch doctor. She throws jars of spiders, creepy, but very cool.
11/12/2011 01:22 PMPosted by Seiva

Most video games can be boiled down this.
10/23/2011 01:22 PMPosted by Crepe
Beta for D3 was pretty good. A little easy, but they've told us to expect that. We just got a little taste and now I'm probably going to play a game I was trying hard not to get hooked into.

The beginning of Diablo II was mind-numbingly easy too. lolslowmovingzombies

Diablo is a solid franchise. My only gripe with it is that I find it impossible to play alone. The gameplay is so simple and easy that it doesn't require much thought (except in the higher difficulties, but good luck getting there if you can't stand to play normal mode like me). Doubly so because you no longer need to worry about inventory management, stat allocation, stamina, hotkeying to swap abilities, speccing, etcetera, etcetera. The UI has even been consolified because of its inevitable port to consoles. It's a pretty brainless game. Fantastic in co-op, though.

As for Diablo 1, I hate it. I hate it so much. Everything about it just feels terrible to me.
D3 is nothing like D2 at all. D2 has far more depth than D3, but D3 has more breadth than D2.

If you like the changes Blizzard is making to the talent trees in MoP, then you'll really enjoy D3. If you hate the changes that Blizzard is making to the talent trees in MoP, then you won't like D3.
One thing I love about diablo 3 is personal loot. There is no "Omg boss is almost dead! Gotta rapidly click on the ground around him so I can get phat lewts!" because it's all yours. Nobody elses.
I stared my online gaming due to DiabloII. It's a very simplified yet FUN game. It's really hard to explain. I haven't played DIII at all, but I know I will like it being that I played dII for years. I can't promise you will like D3, but if it's anything like it's past title brother it should be promising. Give it a try. If you like WOW then you will probably fall in love with Diablo!