LVL 100 Cap, what will happen then,

General Discussion
Post Limit:
1 2 3 9 Next
Basically i am worried about getting to lvl 100, and when we reach that cap, what is there to do, just new tier all the time?
concerns are will blizz be making a new WoW IE: WoW2 idk, if that is the case i dont want to lose all the Gear/Rep/Achiev/mounts and such to only start all over again, with a new toon, yeh i understand alot of peeps probs thinking about the same thing not sure, but if some1 could give some insight on the matter would be great ty,
What insight is there to give? This is something no one at all is gonna know anything about and people at Blizzard probably haven't even thought about what they're gonna do when the cap reaches 100 as we're still at least 5 or 6 years away from that happening.
We'll deal with it when the time comes.
10/24/2011 10:10 PMPosted by Amric
We'll deal with it when the time comes.

:) /nods
Probably Titan will take over by then, yeah, that means new MMO, but that won't happen until 4 years from now.
I dont think 100 is any special cap on level, it will just continue until it is decided that their new MMO deserves the resources more at which point WoW will continue for decades but not at the rate it is now. I'm not sure but that's how I see it
10/24/2011 10:09 PMPosted by Jaizan
What insight is there to give?

This is a pretty valid question.

Do we have a solidified plan for future expansions I can share? Not yet, but consider that 100 is just a number. :)
By that time, if they're going to repeat the 5 levels per expansion dealio, Titan will hopefully be released/and or have a release date and we'll have our final showdown with the last big bad guy of Warcraft.
10/24/2011 10:12 PMPosted by Zarhym

Do we have a solidified plan for future expansions I can share? Not yet, but consider that 100 is just a number. :)

Level cap could go to over 9000 possibly?
WoW is one of very few MMORPGs that tries to radically re-do a lot of things with expansions. Cataclysm was basically mini-WoW 2.0, and MoP seems to aim at radically changing how the game is played... again.

If MoP came with proper graphics overhaul, with MoP ability/talent changes, you might as well as call it WoW 2.0 in true sense.
10/24/2011 10:12 PMPosted by Zarhym

100 is just a number. :)

This is true. A lot of the concern is 100 is the stereotypical cap on most games, so it is legitimate to be concerned. That said, thank you for saying that specifically because it means in all likelihood if/when we get that point going to 105 is just a number thing. Glad to hear.

Is it safe to infer that project "Titan" might be something Diablo based considering you guys are essentially giving WoW mmorpg players a free copy of D3?

/edit - since this thread is about future plans, just thought I'd throw that out there. I completely understand if you don't or can't answer this question at this time.
By that time, if they're going to repeat the 5 levels per expansion dealio, Titan will hopefully be released/and or have a release date and we'll have our final showdown with the last big bad guy of Warcraft.

You mean, of course...

Gamon.

*subtle glance at Zarhym* Confirm/Deny?

:-D

Is it safe to infer that project "Titan" might be something Diablo based considering you guys are essentially giving WoW mmorpg players a free copy of D3?

No it is not.

Titan is a completely new IP.

meaning not related to anything Blizzard has done in the past.

They already stated a long, long time ago that "Titan" will be a new IP. Meaning nothing to do with Diablo, Warcraft or Starcraft
2455k HP tanks

Unbuffed.

Yea... about that inflation... more info to come soon on item levels & character power in 5.0.

100 is just a number. :)

This is true. A lot of the concern is 100 is the stereotypical cap on most games, so it is legitimate to be concerned. That said, thank you for saying that specifically because it means in all likelihood if/when we get that point going to 105 is just a number thing. Glad to hear.

I thought level 99 was the stereotypical cap in games?

2455k HP tanks

Unbuffed.

Yea... about that inflation... more info to come soon on item levels & character power in 5.0.

What kind of stats will be seeing? Will they still be in the 3 digit area?