Apology from Mike Morhaime

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 27 Next
10/27/2011 07:37 PMPosted by Lemuria
I was thinking more of termination or at the very least demotion. Having someone like this run the name of your company through dirt is not good for business

Read the apology, Mike Morhaime takes full responsibility. He isn't going to fire anyone.

Please say thank you and let this die.
Dear members of the Blizzard community,

I have read your feedback and comments about this year’s BlizzCon, and I have also read the feedback to the apology from Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain. I’d like to respond to some of your feedback here.

As president of Blizzard, I take full responsibility for everything that occurs at BlizzCon.

It was shortsighted and insensitive to use the video at all, even in censored form. The language used in the original version, including the slurs and use of sexual orientation as an insult, is not acceptable, period. We realize now that having even an edited version at the show was counter to the standards we try to maintain in our forums and in our games. Doing so was an error in judgment, and we regret it.

The bottom line is we deeply apologize for our mistakes and for hurting or offending anyone. We want you to have fun at our events, and we want everyone to feel welcome. We’re proud to be part of a huge and diverse community, and I am proud that so many aspects of the community are represented within Blizzard itself.

As a leader of Blizzard, and a member of the band, I truly hope you will accept my humblest apology.

– Mike Morhaime
President, Blizzard Entertainment

I usually do not say this kind of thing. I am not a member of the group that probably took the most offense from the comments. However, I am no stranger to dealing with intolerance.

Mr. Morhaime, from one man to another?

Thank you.

This will go a long way towards rebuilding a lot of the respect I had lost for the company after finding out what was said at Blizzcon.

Thank you for recognizing this was a much larger issue than perceived inequalities amongst the Alliance and Horde. That this wasn't about Stormwind or Orgrimmar, Varian or Thrall, but instead about the real people behind the keyboards.

This is a noteworthy gesture on your part. It will not go unnoticed.

Once again: Thank you.

Thank you for listening, and thank you for this.
Thank you for the apology and helping validate the importance the community placed upon this issue.
Thank you
Thank you! I am truly glad that we were listened to and our concerns were acknowledged even after so many players tried to tell us we should shut up and deal.
This is amazing, thank you, and I will now* consider buying the annual pass as my faith is restored.
Way to cave blizzard good job. I still have a hard time believing anyone was actually offended by this. Either way I hope at least those people are happy they got an appology.
10/27/2011 07:37 PMPosted by Lemuria

I think that will be more of an internal matter not for forums. Although maybe they make him play only Alliance now. (yes that is a joke- i would never force someone to play what they do not wish to play)

I was thinking more of termination or at the very least demotion. Having someone like this run the name of your company through dirt is not good for business
You're really making yourself look bad. If you want to go through life being this vindictive and petty, be my guest. But it isn't going to be any fun for you. The apology is waaaay more than was needed. Samwise is a valuable member of the blizzard staff, and he will continue to flourish. Besides. Morhaime was on the stage too. So don't try it.
Ridiculous that he even had to do it.
See, now this is a proper apology. Thank you. Please avoid it in the future.
I wasn't one of the ticked off crowd (after reading some threads I just decided to not watch/listen) but I will say this:

I'm impressed that the president of the company apologized. Bravo, sir.
I think that this is all that anyone was looking for. Thank you.
Everyone makes mistakes, owning up to it shows who the proverbial men and boys are. Well done. :)
10/27/2011 07:39 PMPosted by Angellis
I really do because I enjoy these games but I also vote with my money as well...

Many people do so quietly. And a g##!@vine of unhappy customers can do more to a business then any public forum. Word of mouth helps or hurts and no amount of money can fix that.

edit: I do not know why that word is considered bad but all know it as gossip or grassroots talk of people. No way was that ment to be a bad word.
I have no idea what the hubbub was about, so thanks!
I find it ungodly sad that some people get so sensitive over this kind of stuff that it requires direct action from Mike Morhaime himself. That's ridiculous.

As one might say; grow thicker skin. If something done as a pure joke rustles your jimmies so badly, read a book. You can't get angry at books.