ALL MoP WARLOCK ABILITIES

Warlock
Post Limit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se29SxdI1Jc
What I'm a bit confused about here is they make the claim that the new talent system will cause different people to have different talents, but I just don't see that. What I see is the same theorycraft and simulationcraft we have had in the past calculating what will maximize dps on any given boss. In addition, the majority of the abilities seem to be more for PVP than anything else and the top tier abilities are very situational, reinforcing my assumption that we will still be funneled into an optimum spec for any given fight.
Time to panic? Time to panic.
10/21/2011 07:30 PMPosted by Declan
Time to panic? Time to panic.

Lol, nah. From their description of the changes however, it seems like we will be changing out talents for every single fight, depending on what's optimal for that bosses mechanics. So long as all the add-ons I use for my dots and the like are updated to be compatible, I'll be ok.
all classes look op honestly after looking at the choices in talent progression
10/21/2011 08:57 PMPosted by Fallenis
Mages do not get anything.

You're a warlock and you're saying this like it's a bad thing.
clearly he's a troll
Love at 2:43

Speaker: "These demons have more powerful versions of their current abilities"

Random audience member: "WOO!!"

Speaker: "pokerface.jpg. Anyways like I was saying..."
There's a lot of healing in those spells/talents. I have a feeling this so they can get the extra heal portion off Demon Armor. A welcome change, since we won't be bound to a healer anymore.

Also, cast while moving but double cast time? Why would we ever use that? With the way DPCT is, Fel Flame would probably be a better option than any cast time spell with that kind of penalty. I could see perhaps if it was an ability, but a talent?

Anyway, it's good to see we're getting a much needed rework; I am happy to see these changes.
10/21/2011 10:52 PMPosted by Acrimony
Also, cast while moving but double cast time? Why would we ever use that? With the way DPCT is, Fel Flame would probably be a better option than any cast time spell with that kind of penalty. I could see perhaps if it was an ability, but a talent?

I couldn't see that actually going live, as not one single person would ever choose that option. Neither of the other two are very impressive either though as they are very situational and we will surely be respeccing for every fight based on what works best for the mechanics of that fight.
10/22/2011 09:22 AMPosted by Asçendant

I couldn't see that actually going live, as not one single person would ever choose that option. Neither of the other two are very impressive either though as they are very situational and we will surely be respeccing for every fight based on what works best for the mechanics of that fight.

There are times when it would be useful, so long as it works dynamically. Like if you are 50% through a cast and start moving, the last 50% is double cast time, if you stop, whatever is remaining is normal cast time. It would let you make slight adjustments to position as soon as you need to instead of waiting for a cast to finish or cancelling it.
10/22/2011 08:24 PMPosted by Nariel
There are times when it would be useful, so long as it works dynamically. Like if you are 50% through a cast and start moving, the last 50% is double cast time, if you stop, whatever is remaining is normal cast time. It would let you make slight adjustments to position as soon as you need to instead of waiting for a cast to finish or cancelling it.

That would probably require a rework of some of the basic coding for WoW. The way it operates right now, once you start a cast, regardless of buffs/debuffs you receive, the cast time for that spell will not change.

If that remains the same, I'd expect the cast speed decrease to be changed to a damage decrease that lasts for about a second after you stop moving. Otherwise, you would be able to move in such a way that would avoid the cast time penalty altogether.
10/22/2011 08:24 PMPosted by Nariel

That wouldn't be as bad, but the other choices would still be superior in almost every scenario. I also don't see them making the effort to do the coding to make it dynamic. Besides, movement isn't a huge issue to us. We set our portal up where we need to, or move when we have no procs up and life tap while we're moving to get our mana back. That penalty needs to be reduced or else it will be a useless talent that will never be used.
Was scrolling through the abilities and noticed that there wasnt a Haunt ability. Does anyone know if they just havent put it on the list yet for some reason or are they taking it out of the game for good?
10/21/2011 10:52 PMPosted by Acrimony

The doubled cast time is unappealing, but it looks like affliction DPS will be based on maximizing up-time for Malefic Grasp.