Theramore in flames: Horde favoritism.

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 26 Next
Seriously tired of only seeing alliance cities getting destroyed, very lame.
Let's just say Theramore DOES fall.

Who know who's going to be mighty pissed? Jaina and Varian. Who know who's going to be pissed if Jaina dies during the attack? Varian (and Thrall), most likely. Metzen already said that Varian is going to be getting lots of action this next expansion, and this might just do it.

So all in all, Theramore going down is a good thing. Yey! :D

Whoa whoa whoa, Jaina better not die! Don't turn one of the few active female major lore characters we have into some corpse in the refrigerator for Varian and Thrall to BAWWWWW over!

Blizzard really needs to incorporate its female characters into the major story as PEOPLE, not as THINGS and plot points for the male characters.
You knew there had to be some catch to Metzen wearing an Alliance hoodie at Blizzcon.

Metzen: "The Horde haven't felt very special during Cataclysm with the loss of Thrall before his elevation to Jesus-rank, and all the face time given to dragons. As such we've decided to let the Horde wtfpwn Theramore as a lead in to MoP: Greatness of the Horde.'

Random CM: "What are we gonna do to calm down the Alliance players when they start crying about our supposed 'Horde bias'? I mean I really don't wanna listen to that for the next six months."

Metzen: "Don't worry, I have a plan."

*calls personal assistant*

"Yeah go to a Hot Topic and pick me up some an Alliance shirt or something...oh and save the receipt. Oh yeah!" /sunglasses
The problem with this "story" is that you cant have it dynamic, there are two factions of players each side with there pride and wanting victory's. You cant have one side always be the chew toy of the other with out this kind of bitterness cropping up as we are seeing with this current discussion.

And lets be honest when she loses her city there is a higher chance that she will run to Thrall for help then the Alliance which will remove them from this event

And yes that comment above is a little bias but i have little faith in the writes of this game at the moment :)
How much do you want to bet that the Alliance won't do anything in the game and it will all be resovled in a book?
Indeed. Might as well get rid of the alliance.

Everyone horde now.
Okay, first, everybody take a deep breath. It's a game. Calm down.

Secondly, you guys are maybe overreacting a tad...for one thing, we don't know what will actually happen to Theramore. There's a difference between "sacked" and "annihilated." For all we know, the city might still be there, perfectly functional game-wise; just, you know, a bit banged up. Massive stonework fortifications like that don't exactly just disappear, you know?

For another, Thrall will *never* stand for this. He's been making more and more noises for all of Cataclysm about how he's regretting putting Garrosh in charge. For Garrosh to go after the one Alliance town that isn't rabidly anti-Horde--and, more to the point, endangering Jaina--that's going to cause some problems.

What I want to see? A new "battle for the Undercity" event, only with Garrosh and Magatha instead of Varimathras and Putress. You all seem to be forgetting about Magatha and the Grimtotem, who are very much a presence in Dustwallow. In The Shattering, it's Magatha who poisons Garrosh's blade and he's all "ooh, an ancient and wise shaman! I should do everything she says and not ask any questions!" because he's an idiot.

I'm thinking Thrall and Jaina will show up in Varian's throne room, Varian will be all "die, orc pig!" 'cause he's basically a pinker Garrosh with a slightly higher IQ, only Thrall will be like "I'm the Earth-warder. Shut up. Now then, let's have us a talk about Garrosh..." and then we (both factions) will go into Orgrimmar with Thrall, Varian, and Jaina (and maybe Vol'jin, I doubt he'd want to miss out) and take out Garrosh and Magatha (who, of course, is controlling Garrosh like the simpleton on strings he is).

You know you want to.
Wouldn't it be 5.0 not 4.4??
Who lives in Theramore again?

Hrm. I wonder if they'll be put out by this...

;)

Indeed. Might as well get rid of the alliance.

Everyone horde now.

Haha
in retaliation Varian lights a bag of doggie doo doo on leaves it on Garrosh's front porch.

Old man Garrosh is gonna be sooooooo pissed.

OMG I lul'd :D

What part of Metzen's opening speech didn't you understand about the all-out war between the Horde and Alliance. What do you think would cause an escalation in the war? Shaking fists in the air.

Criminey, people will complain about the stupidest thing.

Get a clue, and PAY attention next time.

What could cause escalation?

Well, Arathi highlands wasn't touched much. Perhaps in retaliation of both Forsaken @!*#ery and Theramore, Alliance reclaims the area.

No, that'd be unfair to Horde.

Try thinking of it logically.

Wetlands and Arathi are seperated by a relatively easy choke point. Flight aside, there's one bridge connecting the Eastern Kingdoms North to South.

Would it make more sense for the Alliance to push against the grain into Arathi, and try to defend it from Hillsbrad and Hinterlands?

Or would it make sense for the Horde to push in from Durotar, the Barrens and Thousand Needles to get rid of a single Alliance city on the coast?

Favouritism aside, one of these makes more sense than the other, in my eyes.

A better situation for would have been, say...Well, Stonard. Duskwood and Nethergarde Keep can push at the relatively isolated Stonard from multiple sides.
10/23/2011 08:06 PMPosted by Carcin
For another, Thrall will *never* stand for this. He's been making more and more noises for all of Cataclysm about how he's regretting putting Garrosh in charge. For Garrosh to go after the one Alliance town that isn't rabidly anti-Horde--and, more to the point, endangering Jaina--that's going to cause some problems.

Yes ... like he would never let Cairne die.

oh wait nvm
Who lives in Theramore again?

Hrm. I wonder if they'll be put out by this...

The same lady who sided with Thrall and the Horde, letting her father die in cold blood.
So much for Alliance not being shafted constantly. More blatant horde favoritism in the 4.4 patch

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/showpost.php?p=368927&postcount=43

Horde attacks Theramore, which is destroyed.

Metzan lied.

Because you know, they didn't already have this planned out in advance before Blizzcon as it's very much highly likely to be part of the opening event for Mists of Pandaria.

What I want to see? A new "battle for the Undercity" event, only with Garrosh and Magatha instead of Varimathras and Putress. You all seem to be forgetting about Magatha and the Grimtotem, who are very much a presence in Dustwallow. In The Shattering, it's Magatha who poisons Garrosh's blade and he's all "ooh, an ancient and wise shaman! I should do everything she says and not ask any questions!" because he's an idiot.

I'm thinking Thrall and Jaina will show up in Varian's throne room, Varian will be all "die, orc pig!" 'cause he's basically a pinker Garrosh with a slightly higher IQ, only Thrall will be like "I'm the Earth-warder. Shut up. Now then, let's have us a talk about Garrosh..." and then we (both factions) will go into Orgrimmar with Thrall, Varian, and Jaina (and maybe Vol'jin, I doubt he'd want to miss out) and take out Garrosh and Magatha (who, of course, is controlling Garrosh like the simpleton on strings he is).

You know you want to.

No, I DON'T want to. How about having a pure Alliance win instead of having to go running to Green Jesus to save us. Are you kidding? What Alliance player would seriously, in their right mind, want ANYTHING to do with this rancid scenario in which Thrall swoops in, insults our faction leader, and saves us from the Horde? So what, the Alliance are the French, now? We only beat the Horde when we have the Horde fighting on our side? What kind of crap is that?
Haha

I knew you would like it Bash.
;)
<------ I totally put on my angry face when I heard this news.

But i think asking for varian to react to this in a "big way" may be hoping for too much. After all, we know who is in control of the story.

And he no likey da alliance.
10/23/2011 08:06 PMPosted by Deathbunni
How much do you want to bet that the Alliance won't do anything in the game and it will all be resovled in a book?

I'd say you are probably 100% correct.