4.0 and 4.2 Raids to reset twice a week?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 20 Next
Doubling the legendary acquisitions in only certain regions is no small thing.
Totally against this.. I see it leading to a lot of issues of burnout. It already feels grindy doing both Normal and Heroic. I see no reason to offer up more chances to get gear and loot for the current tier. Look at how much has already been added from a few expansions ago. It's nuts! I miss the days of truly earning it.

I would definately support twice a week resets for raids that are NOT the current tier tho. This would allow people to gear up to join us in the current tier.
10/25/2011 08:16 PMPosted by Kirnal
While this would be fantastic for casual raiding, without a doubt it hinders guild progression.

I do not see how this would hinder a guild's progressions. You could still just extend the lockout.

Of course, maybe "hinder" is the wrong word. Meant to be more of a "useless"
The new raid lockout changes for Taiwan and Korea adjust the lockout timers for the patch 4.0 and 4.2 raids. The lockout timers for these raids will now reset twice weekly instead of once. These raid lockout changes are being made to allow players to raid more often and get more chances at epic loot drops. Players will be able to down current Cataclysm raid bosses twice a week, accelerating players’ progression.

We are testing these new raid lockout changes in Taiwan and Korea first. Our goal is to expand this change to other regions in the future, but we don’t have anything further to announce at this time with regard to North American implementation.

Protip: Do it

That way I can finally get a pair of shoulders
10/25/2011 08:05 PMPosted by Dunarth
Bad idea, very very bad idea. It totally goes against what's been said was the reasoning for the combined lockout system... Just my opinion of course.

Blizzard can change their mind.

As for people saying they need to do it twice - protip, you don't have too. It's just for guilds who want too.
We are testing these new raid lockout changes in Taiwan and Korea first. Our goal is to expand this change to other regions in the future, but we don’t have anything further to announce at this time with regard to North American implementation.

o.O Live realm testing?

They have different play habits and subscription models in those regions that make them suitable to test things like that. It won't have as much effect on those regions as it would in the US or Europe.
10/25/2011 08:13 PMPosted by Ecliptic
Relayed this information to the guildies on vent, their reaction was along the lines of "You mean we gotta do this two times a week now?"

my reaction exactly...

you gave a 1 week lock out on raids for a reason... please stop trying to break things that are not broken and put the developer's time into things that actually are important please ><
So...you got rid of 10 and 25 man seperate lockouts, because you felt people were playing the game too much....then you add entry level raids via LFR tool and regular Raids....so instead of 2 lockouts of last expansion (WOTLK up to Trial of the LuLz)...we're gonna have 4 lockouts? Makes sense.
Also remember, if you don't want to do it twice and you can't finish it in the first raid lock out you can always extend the raid.
There is nothing that I would like to happen less than this.

At the hardcore level, there is no difference between "letting" someone raid more often and "making" them raid more often. If this change goes in, raiding guilds will be forced to choose between falling behind in progression or spending twice as much time raiding.

At the same time, the guilds that choose to raid more often will begin chewing through content twice as fast.

I don't often post on the official forums. Came here just to say that this an absolutely terrible idea.

At the hardcore level, there is no difference between "letting" someone raid more often and "making" them raid more often. If this change goes in, raiding guilds will be forced to choose between falling behind in progression or spending twice as much time raiding.

At the same time, the guilds that choose to raid more often will begin chewing through content twice as fast.

I don't often post on the official forums. Came here just to say that this an absolutely terrible idea.

you know if lore says it's a bad idea it's probably a bad idea.

It's a bad idea.
People don't understand that just because you CAN raid twice a week doesn't mean you have too.
This seems like a good idea. I don't know if it would encourage more PUGs or get more people doing the raids, but if there's even a chance of that, it's worth it.

I think just going back to separate lockouts would probably be better, though.
10/25/2011 08:33 PMPosted by Sgtslappy
People don't understand that just because you CAN raid twice a week doesn't mean you have too.

The problem is the hard core guilds will be saying their members have to or they get kicked off the teams... and the casual guilds that only want to raid once a week will fall even father behind... defeating the purpose of making the twice a week lock out...
this idea is good as long as it applies to the previous tiers and not the current one
Please, please reconsider. This change will burn out so many players, and if we obtain all of our gear in a few weeks...what reason will we have to keep clearing the instances? It defeats the purpose.

I don't mind if its for older content. I don't think this will be applied to Dragon Soul though.

I don't care if it goes through for FL's though I think it will be silly for Dragon Soul.

Yeah it's an amazing idea for non-current raids. For the latest tier, not so much.
*shakefist*

Give it to us, Blizz!