4.0 and 4.2 Raids to reset twice a week?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 20 Next
10/25/2011 08:51 PMPosted by Lore
Some of you guys keep missing a very vital point with this: Progression runs always extend the raid lockout so they don't have to keep killing the same bosses after Tuesdays.

Uh, no they don't? We clear up to H-Rag in about an hour and a half, completely not worth extending the raid lock to lose out on all those potential upgrades.

I'm sorry, but if you're clearing up to Ragnaros on heroic in an hour and a half each week, the few upgrades you get won't help.

If you haven't killed Ragnaros on heroic, then why waste time clearing stuff you already can clear and use that time to figure out what you need to do to down him?
i hope i represent the majority when i say those of us that do raid current content enjoy it because it's gives us a sense of competition with other raid groups. one week lockouts is perfect since most people's schedule is static over any given week, whether someone works/schools during the weekday/weekend/nights etc. those of us that raid 2-3 days a week will never catch hardcore raiding guilds, but at least we have a decently level playing field with other groups that raid different days of the week, without interrupting our normal lives too much. if u implement a 2nd reset midweek, a lot of raiders including myself will lose interest in the raiding game (and prob the game in general) because we don't have the time to raid twice a week, and we simply can't keep up and have a decent shot at the competition.

blizzard, i don't know how much of your subscription base comprise of normal working people that enjoy raiding casually or semi-hardcore, doing this proposed 2x lockout reset for current content will push the majority of these people out of the game.

Uh, no they don't? We clear up to H-Rag in about an hour and a half, completely not worth extending the raid lock to lose out on all those potential upgrades.

I'm sorry, but if you're clearing up to Ragnaros on heroic in an hour and a half each week, the few upgrades you get won't help.

If you haven't killed Ragnaros on heroic, then why waste time clearing stuff you already can clear and use that time to figure out what you need to do to down him?

True. This far into the tier, it's more of a skill issue and less of a gear issue. Any and all upgrades for 6/7 H content on farm is most likely so minor the difference is too minimal to make a noticeable difference on Ragnaros.
10/25/2011 09:05 PMPosted by Blackgoddess
If this is done correctly it would NEVER be available for current tier raids.

4.2 is current tier.
Only for like maybe another month

True. This far into the tier, it's more of a skill issue and less of a gear issue. Any and all upgrades for 6/7 H content on farm is most likely so minor the difference is too minimal to make a difference on Ragnaros.

Being more skilled would absolutely help, yes, but gear would help as well. In our case, we have been having trouble making some of the DPS checks throughout the encounter. The extra gear in the hands of our better raiders can make up for the lower skill of some of our other guys. That's just how numbers work.
As a raid leader, I'd like to urge Blizzard not to do this. We raid 3/4 nights a week for around 3 hours. This would force us a vastly increase the number of hours we raid to keep up and potentially give us less time each week for work on progession bosses. I'm fine with it being used for old content (i.e. previous expacs or tiers), but doing it for anything people current will be disasterous for anyone who does progression raiding. For better or worse, it will make clearing it twice a week mandatory. The bored masses are getting the raid finder mode which can be repeated (albeit not always giving loot) as much as they would like. Shouldn't that be enough?
I really detested Onyxia, AQ20, and ZG in vanilla because these had less than 1 week raid timers. Ony was 5 days, AQ and ZG were 3 days. It just fails to work well with weekly work schedules. I can't see any good reason to add shorter lockouts to current content - it's bad for progression raiders and bad for casual raiders.

If you want us to have more gear you can easily double everything that drops off each boss - double the valor, double the gear, double the tokens. If you are doing this because players are bored, then add more content. Farming the same thing over and over is why we are bored, having only 7 raid bosses is why we are bored. Killing the same 7 bosses twice a week per character makes us twice as bored.
Good because all we get is caster leather and mail. Although this might mean we get it twice a week and make me wants to punch a kitten twice as often.

True. This far into the tier, it's more of a skill issue and less of a gear issue. Any and all upgrades for 6/7 H content on farm is most likely so minor the difference is too minimal to make a difference on Ragnaros.

Being more skilled would absolutely help, yes, but gear would help as well. In our case, we have been having trouble making some of the DPS checks throughout the encounter. The extra gear in the hands of our better raiders can make up for the lower skill of some of our other guys. That's just how numbers work.

Don't get me wrong, I do think extra gear will make a small difference, but at the level you're at, timing and situational awareness are far more important.

As a side note, I sincerely dig your IRL hair.
Personally i am all for this as the 10man teams who are unable to do heroic due the amount of time that they raid. This will also help those guilds get the legendary staff faster. Aslo this will help teams who start AFTER 4.3 comes out get gear faster and be able to raid DS faster with the gear that they get. Firelands is for the most part easy enough for pugs to get it down (but rag) he could use some more nerfs in 10 (less adds for 10 man normal 4 would prob be a big help to pugs as a dc would not cause a wipe)
Being in a guild that only raids 2 nights a week, this would put us at an extreme disadvantage. This would only benefit those with more time to put into the game. Weekly lockouts have been the equalizer thus far. We can be competitive in our realms progression without putting so many hours into WoW. If you made it so those that already raid 3 or 4+ nights a week can kill more bosses than those who can not dedicate as much time they would just leave us in the dust, regardless of the fact that we are skilled/capable.
Yeah, kinda hope this doesn't happen. I'd rather you just design more content then ask people to run the same instances twice as often. It's a small step up from re-using old instances.
The new raid lockout changes for Taiwan and Korea adjust the lockout timers for the patch 4.0 and 4.2 raids. The lockout timers for these raids will now reset twice weekly instead of once. These raid lockout changes are being made to allow players to raid more often and get more chances at epic loot drops. Players will be able to down current Cataclysm raid bosses twice a week, accelerating players’ progression.

We are testing these new raid lockout changes in Taiwan and Korea first. Our goal is to expand this change to other regions in the future, but we don’t have anything further to announce at this time with regard to North American implementation.

Bad idea, very very bad idea. It totally goes against what's been said was the reasoning for the combined lockout system...

Agreed. Blizzard, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You want to ease gear progression (at least, that's my understanding), then do away with the combined lockout that you introduced in 4.0.1. My guild isn't the greatest -- stuck at 6/7 N (4/7 pre-nerf), zero Mantle of the Fiery Protector while having Mantle of the Fiery Vanquisher rain down in buckets, Occu'thar dropping one PvE item in 25(!) almost every time with the only exceptions being when it's all PvP stuff(!).

Cataclysm has been a really lousy expansion for guilds lacking in skill/RNG/whatever. I don't see how this twice-a-week raid lockout reset idea is helpful in any way.
Just in case no one mentioned it already, this testing raid reset only applies to raids in 4.0 and 4.2 and not the upcoming dragon souls raid.

At least that's whats the chinese post said.

Specifically in here
"這項針對團隊副本進度重置的改動將不會套用在4.3更新中的巨龍之魂團隊副本"