Message from Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 100 Next
Ignorance at it's finest.
LOL UNFUNNY IRRELEVANT TERRIBLE METAL BAND TALKING ABOUT OLD WORLD OF WARCRAFT CONTENT!
Thank you everyone for your feedback regarding the closing night performance at BlizzCon. While we had some other messaging worked up we were going to post, the members of band wanted to instead address it themselves:

Hey guys, we read and heard all the feedback from BlizzCon this year. The Corpsegrinder bit was never intended to be taken seriously. We are sorry that we offended anyone; everything at our shows is just meant in fun. Thank you all for speaking up. We’ll definitely keep this in mind for future shows.

Our humblest apologies,

Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain

Inadaquate.

Even though the president of the company is in the band, having "the band" apologize rather than the president of the company, and signing it "Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain" rather than with their names...feels like some half baked PR ploy to avoid seeing the headline "Blizzard Apologizes For Homophobic Slurs" in the newspapers.

My personal respect for Blizzard and for Mike Morheim and Samwise Dider in particular has reached an all time low. We've had a chance to see their true colors. I for one will not forget this incident anytime soon.

I hope they dont either.

Forbidra - Wyrmrest Accord
Blizzard Fan Since 1994
Stockholder Since 2004

Thank you everyone for your feedback regarding the closing night performance at BlizzCon. While we had some other messaging worked up we were going to post, the members of band wanted to instead address it themselves:

Inadaquate.

Even though the president of the company is in the band, having "the band" apologize rather than the president of the company, and signing it "Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain" rather than with their names...feels like some half baked PR ploy to avoid seeing the headline "Blizzard Apologizes For Homophobic Slurs" in the newspapers.

My personal respect for Blizzard and for Mike Morheim and Samwise Dider in particular has reached an all time low. We've had a chance to see their true colors. I for one will not forget this incident anytime soon.

I hope they dont either.

Blizzard Fan Since 1994
Stockholder Since 2004

+1 and agree with this. I've been a fan since Warcraft II, and I feel quite similarly.
Blizzard should have never even acknowledged this irrational QQ storm.

Now that they've been coddled, it only reaffirms their conviction in this baseless nonsense, effectively encouraging them to continue this temper tantrum.
Inadaquate.

I hope they dont either.

Blizzard Fan Since 1994
Stockholder Since 2004

Another +1 for this post. I am a relatively new fan with only a year or so under my belt but no amount of loyalty or lack thereof makes this okay.
This isn't about some factional thing. I could care less that Blizzard pokes fun at the factions occasionally.

This is about Blizzard openly harassing homosexual players through a mouthpiece they openly welcomed at the largest Blizzard-sanctioned event of the year.
This. Or, at very least, allowing their guest to harass said players.

Hell, I probably would have been amused (in a "not laughing with him, laughing at him" way) by Fisher's petulant screed if he'd kept it to being a pottymouth. The slurs killed any humor in it for me. And, again, I've got a hell of a lot more sympathy for people who were offended by it than by people who are jumping on their case for being offended.

Inadaquate.

I hope they dont either.

Blizzard Fan Since 1994
Stockholder Since 2004
And yet another +1.

Another +1 for this post. I am a relatively new fan with only a year or so under my belt but no amount of loyalty or lack thereof makes this okay.

+1

+1 here as well.

The fact that they called that an apology is laughable.

This isn't about some factional thing. I could care less that Blizzard pokes fun at the factions occasionally.

This is about Blizzard openly harassing homosexual players through a mouthpiece they openly welcomed at the largest Blizzard-sanctioned event of the year.
This. Or, at very least, allowing their guest to harass said players.

Hell, I probably would have been amused (in a "not laughing with him, laughing at him" way) by Fisher's petulant screed if he'd kept it to being a pottymouth. The slurs killed any humor in it for me. And, again, I've got a hell of a lot more sympathy for people who were offended by it than by people who are jumping on their case for being offended.

Inadaquate.

I hope they dont either.

Blizzard Fan Since 1994
Stockholder Since 2004
And yet another +1.

I agree with you. I mean, if he had just been cussing in general, fine. He didn't have to bring specific groups into it, but I don't know anything about being a washed up faux metal act and needing terrible publicity either.:P
10/26/2011 01:30 AMPosted by Demise
Where are you people getting this "Homophobe" bull!@#$? You're honestly shoving words into Blizzard's mouth. I didn't see any homophobe remarks at all during L90ETC's performance. Just go outside for fresh air, my god..

Look at the uncensored version of the video they showed before the concert which Corpsegrinder whats-his-name is calling alliance "homosexual (without the -sexual) emo c**ksuckers" who should "slit their wrists and die." Homophobia AND such crass encouragement of suicide is vile.
This makes me a happy gnome.
They got the apology... but their hunger for attention wasn't sated so they're making the excuse that it wasn't good enough and they have to stretch from simply complaining about homophobic slurs to switching it from hate speech. Yeah, they keep changing the argument...

Homophobia IS hate speech. There is no changing of arguments. There are two concerns here, the major one being the homophobic language in the (censored, which means nothing really) video they showed. The second is the extreme anti-alliance BS at Blizzcon.