Message from Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain

General Discussion
Prev 1 98 99 100 Next
10/26/2011 02:03 AMPosted by Mysiandro
Thankyou for the apology It is most graciously accepted by us the alliance ^_^

Speak for yourself, not for all Alliance players.

Blizzard made a clattering, empty mockery of its own ToU/ToS by allowing this type of recorded material to be approved to air at Blizzcon. Abide by your own rules, Blizzard, or don't have them at all.

Apology NOT accepted.
10/27/2011 06:25 PMPosted by Mokahmah
Thankyou for the apology It is most graciously accepted by us the alliance ^_^

Speak for yourself, not for all Alliance players.

Blizzard made a clattering, empty mockery of its own ToU/ToS by allowing this type of recorded material to be approved to air at Blizzcon. Abide by your own rules, Blizzard, or don't have them at all.

Apology NOT accepted.
Speak for yourself. Apology ACCEPTED.
10/27/2011 06:25 PMPosted by Mokahmah

The ToU is for the game.. not out-of-game events.. Is that seriously your argument?
I've yet to watch this on Youtube... I bet a month later I'll come in all outraged and everybody will already be over this.
10/27/2011 06:27 PMPosted by Pozadin

The ToU is for the game.. not out-of-game events.. Is that seriously your argument?
ROFL. When people don't have an argument, they really reach.
Juller

If people would stop being drama queens for a second, and realize that what they're doing isn't fooling anybody. Be honest. Don't act like something is there that isn't. And don't act like you can know what someone's intent is. Because you don't.

Just for the record. I loved just about everything about blizzcon this year. I've been defending Pandaria all week. You also can not assume you know what a person's intent is. As in, you can't assume that I'm doing this for reasons other than the ones I stated.

Only speaking for myself I'm far more likely to be accused of being a Blizz fangirl and have never seen the need to, "take a shot at them." Wow... I may actually have independent thoughts about this whole thing.

I agree that a lot of people are being jerks to each-other in here but that has nothing to say about the argument itself. A straw man argument is equally wrong no matter which side of the debate it's being used on.
10/27/2011 06:29 PMPosted by Toxinn
Censored and not directed at any players, just faction hatred in fun.

This has been tried, the poster was banned from the forums and a guild mate tried to argue this for him. He was reminded of the ToS that he signed to post on the forum.
Muddy stuff. But I'll bite.

The error of the offenders is their lack of discretion. There was no malice behind those statements - I think that much is obvious if you're attempting to be fair and take these guys at their word - and among friends and even small communities (Cannibal Corpse, perhaps) they realize that he's an idiot and the front man of a terrible band, but probably not a bigot. What Blizz and company should have realized, however, is that at an event such as this, it's not wise to use language that is officially considered offensive to the organized LGBT community. For now THOSE WORDS (you know em) still sting, sincerely to some and, as I said, officially to others.

I've been on both sides of this argument and I waiver. It's generally a good thing to be considerate. But there's a disturbing amount of groupthink and thought policing behind many of the arguments from the offended parties. On principle, you have to allow people to make their own choices. Attempting to create standards of language that the American public must adhere to is never going to solve anything and certainly won't stop people from finding ways to extravagantly insult one another. It just makes you sound strident and militant. If that's what you want to sound like, then keep it up.

The philosophical problem underlying these proposed controls of language is the assumption that words can be isolated from society to teach it a lesson, keeping these words as "pure" examples of marginalization. Culture, and therefore language, inherently resists these kinds of frozen states. Despite anyone's efforts, these words will change meaning over the years. I'd argue that many of them already have. The possession claims become ridiculous at a certain point.

Beyond all of that, the Minority Studies Scholars have two critical questions to answer:

-Why is the claim that the the LGBT folks that aren't offended by the usage do not speak for the community at large not reflective?

-At what point does minority theory become divisive instead of equalizing?

And before I get flamed, I'm an atheist liberal with libertarian leanings who went to college, is married, has a job, accepts evolution and climate change as fact and argues social issues with my gay, Republican boss. Hope that's enough to stop the right-wing nutjob attacks.
You didn't quit because of this. You just want to use this as an excuse so you can try to validate the drama. You were already gone prior.

And I renewed because of this.

It's cool. The level 1 alt edited one sentence post reply aside, I respect your views and would like you to know that I have no hard feelings despite being disregarded in yours for what I posted as a sincere response to this situation. I felt I needed to do what I needed to do in this instance.

I don't know what everyone else is doing, I just put "corpsegrinder" under "other" as reason for cancelling subscription account. That was it.

Thanks.
You didn't quit because of this. You just want to use this as an excuse so you can try to validate the drama. You were already gone prior.

And I renewed because of this.

It's cool. The level 1 alt edited one sentence post reply aside, I respect your views and would like you to know that I have no hard feelings despite being disregarded in yours for what I posted as a sincere response to this situation. I felt I needed to do what I needed to do in this instance.

I don't know what everyone else is doing, I just put "corpsegrinder" under "other" as reason for cancelling subscription account. That was it.

Thanks.

What positive effect did your "I quit" post make?
10/27/2011 06:43 PMPosted by Toxinn
If Blizzard is big enough to accept my apology, I will be big enough to accept theirs.

I'm not the one who you should be talking to about it.. nothing I can do to help you. GL tho!
10/27/2011 06:48 PMPosted by Hackur
If Blizzard is big enough to accept my apology, I will be big enough to accept theirs

at least your standing there and offering one yourself instead of sending others with your "apology" takes a lot of character to admit your wrong and apologize personally so the question remains instead of sending somebody like Bashiok does L90ETC have the strength of character to do the same?

Bashiok is a representative of the voice of the company, that's his job. Him speaking on behalf of ETC, a group of Blizzard employees, is the same thing. Are you that dense?
10/27/2011 06:25 PMPosted by Mortuary
Dissagreeing with you isn't derailing.

No it's not derailing I agree, but it points out to me some of the posters do not wish to have a civil discussion about this. It's they are right and everyone else is wrong...

What they don't realize is if they can post they are offended, there can be counter arguments, not everyone has to agree and calling those who don't agree names defeats their purpose.