Was Cata the first "failed" expansion?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 10 11 12 26 Next

Also, apparently "people" didn't want harder and more meaningful levelling did they? You know, since that got changed into a linear slideshow where the only way to die was to go afk and possibly being burnt to a crisp by a deathwing flyby?

I couldn't even get him to kill me :/
Difficult heroics can be fun the first time you beat them. After that they're just annoying. Wrath design was far better.

They have and they do. Sometimes though, I think people need a little nudge now and then and some encouragement that we really are paying attention.

Then why are the hundreds of ideas people have posted for years been ignored and yet

we gets things like pet battles that NOBODY wanted?

Nobody asked for it, no, but nobody even thought about it before.

Some ideas just aren't worth putting in, and you know, Blizzard gets to put in some ideas too.

There's NOTHING wrong with pet battles. NOTHING.

It's a new activity for players. Why the hell can't people welcome it?
dood

Actually right now i'm leveling a second warrior because I don't play Steve enough, I only do like firelands once a week and then that's it :l

So if there is one thing that im gonna be a hater about in cata, it's that I can't play my main enough, gotta keep going on differents alts just to do the same stuff I would do on Steve anyways :O

but that sounds like it's gonna be fixed maybe in mists!

OH JOY!

I started playing the game in December 2010 end, ie in Cata. I have no idea what it was like before Cata, but I have absolutely loved my time here. I have played WoW to the exclusion of most other games.

One thing that I would definitely like improved is this: There is very little to do at the end game if you don't raid or PvP. This was an even bigger problem before the T11 raids were nerfed. Honestly, it was a very bad situation to be in and to have in the game. I certainly hope that this will not be the case in the next expansion. If you raid and PvP, there is a lot that this game has to offer. I discovered this when I started doing random BGs and Arenas a month ago. Of course, being on a full server helps with Arenas.
10/27/2011 10:28 AMPosted by Altaiea
Why the hell can't people welcome it?

Because ultimately, it's pointless. The only people that would enjoy this is the "Mom", or "Husband/Wife" type of players, to waste their time on.

There is a ton of other stuff in the game that needs attention. We definitely did not NEED this pet-battle thing. I honestly can't believe this pet-battle thing was done, and implemented.
Okay fact of the matter of the REAL numbers is during vanilla and TBC there was a slow steady climb cause WoW was still "kinda" new. Wrath of the Lich King saw the most success as it had the most subscribers at 12 million. Since Cata's bizzare attempt at being a casual but hardcore TBC/WotLK hybrid subs have done nothing but fall.

Blizz knows their mistake. They said heroics in Pandaria will be tuned for around the level of WOTLK heroics, ADMITTING THE MISTAKE that Cata has been TOO HARD.

well nobody likes to be gated away from fat loots :O

aint right

but challenge mode makes a good hard heroic replacement :O!
During Blizzcon I noticed a lot of:

A lot of people talking about how heroics weren't "hard" like conquering a difficult peak on a mountain climb but were "hard" like peeling 1000 potatoes.

That's a side effect of running a dungeon multiple times for badge gear. I actually enjoyed the difficulty of heroics when they launched - they weren't quite like BC heroics but were definitely an improvement over WOTLK heroics.

I think Cataclysm' only failure was not foreseeing the influx of bads who thought they were allowed to afk/faceroll through heroics for valor points like a lot of people did in WOTLK heroics for whatever reason they might have. Cataclysm heroics were not "truly" hard as much as they were perfect training grounds for raiding - you were expected to CC, not break it, and interrupt spellcasts on most pulls - something the vast majority of the playerbase seems to think that they shouldn't have to do.

This, exactly this. The heroics were not hard, they simply required actual skill to do them! I am not hardcore by any means, but the people that claim that these heroics were hard were either just lazy , or truly bad. I liked the heroics as they were.
10/27/2011 07:56 AMPosted by Sochumpy
[quote]sorry to point this out to you.. But questing has never ever been hard

Yes it was, as a new player i chose priest and never made it past the lvl 12 Quillboars in barrens.. then i chose mage..omfg..

I then chose hunter..faceroll..wait where did my pet run off to?

Vanilla mage, priest were hard to level, i'm sure if i knew then what I do now i could do it much more easily but for a player playing right out the box it was hard.

Edit to add. I forgot my poor dwarf warrior who tried to get the items off the island of death in Loch Modan and gave up..

Yes it was, as a new player i chose priest and never made it past the lvl 12 Quillboars in barrens.. then i chose mage..omfg..

I then chose hunter..faceroll..wait where did my pet run off to?

Vanilla mage, priest were hard to level, i'm sure if i knew then what I do now i could do it much more easily but for a player playing right out the box it was hard.

western plaguelands as a warrior leveling in vanilla I remember had some really irritating challenges

like if you know the small scarlet camp (that was destroyed by the odd undead lady) there, one of the older quests were that you had to pick up a note from the camp and burn down the tent, but there were like 20 scarlet mobs just hanging around there.

if you pulled one too many, you were dead meat, considering there was no victory rush or anything to save me.

so I bought some ammo for my gun, shot each one, one by one, and ate everytime my health was low until I got deep enough in to do what I needed to do.

Honestly though it wasn't that fun, I was in such a rush to get to 60, and I was like level 50 getting curbstomped at every quest I did haha.

Then you would get a chain that would make you go to booty bay for no reason, and you'd be like "WHY GOD DAMMIT WHY".
During Blizzcon I noticed a lot of:

"With cata we went to far with...."

A lot of people have been talking since the expansion hit about the way questing had turned into a dumbed-down, linear faceroll where you virtually had to TRY to get killed if you wanted to die.

A lot of people talking about how heroics weren't "hard" like conquering a difficult peak on a mountain climb but were "hard" like peeling 1000 potatoes.

I think the drop off in subcriptions is a direct reflection of these mistakes.

I'm really glad that both these areas are being addressed, particularly with regard to questing going back to a less phased, less linear, more hub-based experience. Let's hope they nail the mix right this time.

OP did you just join the game or where you here through Cataclysm??
All through cata people cried;
Dungeons and heroics were to hard.
LFD is to hard give us a bonus as we can't do them with all these baddies.
Raids are to hard we can't pug them.
People cried oh I'm getting pvp'd on pvp servers and I can't finish my quest. (Hyjal questing anyone)
PVP gear is to hard to get I can't just participate in 5 games and get points, then I can't get my points in 5 games anymore.
Flying mounts ruined questing
It takes to long to level.
All kinds of people whined and complained about the difficulty of Cataclysm and having to learn that their toon has a cc ability and have to use it.

Blizz puts in changes
People cry;
They make the game for noobs who can't do dungeons/heroics
They nerfed the raids so people can see it if you can't keep up you shouldn't get to see it.

Know what Cataclysm was great it made things challenging and they also put in opportunities for non Elitests to see the content to appeal to more people. There are still groups who struggle with Firelands and know what there is nothing wrong with that.

Great for those downing heroic raids, Great for those who are downing reg raids, Great for those looking for more to do and to meet the varying skill level of the overall community.

Give Blizzard a break with these overly whiney posts now it's What Panda's your terrible Blizz... What are you talking about they are putting in tons of things to do if you don't like the panda's don't roll a panda and kill them when you see them World PVP.

They took so many major things and are working on them from blizzcon to give us even more
Character Models, Pve Scenarios, PVP Battlegrounds, companion pet battles, rewards from quests, new dungeons, new raids, new choices on difficulty of raids LFR more and more to give us more and more choice but these whiny posts are getting out of hand and don't make any sense.

I'm all for people having their say but don't just whine give constructive feedback, Blizz can use