Was Cata the first "failed" expansion?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
10/27/2011 09:25 AMPosted by Uldrecht
I heard differing opinions overall during BlizzCon, but not once did I get the impression that any of those opinions boiled down to "Cataclysm sucks" as a whole.

To be fair, hearing such a statement in BlizzCon would be like hearing "Lucas should DIAF" at a SW convention...

You've apparently never been to a SW convention immediately after yet another round of tinkering with the original movies. There are large groups of people that appreciate what Lucas has done but wish he just leave-the-hell-alone with the movies.
10/27/2011 09:37 AMPosted by Greygull
It's just done with a bit more humanity since there's no keyboard and screen between us. ;)

wouldnt that be a great thing if electronic communication could be like that :)

It can be. People just have to restrain their impulses to be...well, you know. It's really not that hard to be nice.

Pretty much this.

The Blues and Bliz can keep spinning this as much as they want

We're not spinning anything. This is one accusation, that I'm sure were you in our shoes, you'd understand is quite overused. We have no need to spin anything. We do not rest on our laurels. At no point have we ever declared the game, "done" and gone off into the sunset to celebrate its perfection. We are always looking for ways to make it better. Always. The amount of meetings, discussions, emails, instant messages and more on our end absolutely indicate that fact. Were it perfect, we would all just spend our days playing the game versus working on it. Alas though, I haven't even gotten to see Hallow's End yet this season. :(

Let's come to an agreement together, Ok? We'll keep working to make things better, you keep providing constructive feedback on what we could do to make it better. We'll then try to figure out how we can meet in the middle on some of those things as often as possible. Deal?

i would agree w/everything you just said however i think to address these issues maybe dum dwn the reg raid content a tiny bit but boost the heroic modes my a largere amount . then the leet players will have difficult content and the not so leet will get good practice
but hey who knows just a random thought lol
10/27/2011 09:41 AMPosted by Nethaera
Let's come to an agreement together, Ok? We'll keep working to make things better, you keep providing constructive feedback on what we could do to make it better. We'll then try to figure out how we can meet in the middle on some of those things as often as possible. Deal?

Thos operates under the premis that players are capable of contructive feed back
Well you have to remember that before Cata, the quest structure incentivized players to run around the map in large, physical circles. You were going from hub to hub not because it was fun or interesting, but because it was the most efficient and systematic way to complete all the quets in the zone. Post-Cata, the 80-85 and 1-60 quests were made logically linear. So, while the new style takes out a lot of player choice as to what quests to do when, it's not as if the old way was that much better. It's just different.
10/27/2011 09:44 AMPosted by Tylenlan

Thos operates under the premis that players are capable of contructive feed back

They have and they do. Sometimes though, I think people need a little nudge now and then and some encouragement that we really are paying attention.
10/27/2011 09:45 AMPosted by Nethaera
They have and they do. Sometimes though, I think people need a little nudge now and then and some encouragement that we really are paying attention.

The candle is right. There is constructive feedback underneath all the trolls and WoW-Haters. If you dig it's there, just gotta learn to ignore the other crap.
I do not get some people. Blizzard admitted that they made some mistakes, they addressed the concerns, and said they will fix them, and people are still complaining????

One thing i learned from my business classes from college, is that there are customers out there, and no matter what you do for them, they will never be happy, and still complain.

I think its takes class for the blues to come of the forums and personally address the concerns that people have.
Personally I think that Blizzard did not design leveling system well. I am leveling a mage, level 84 atm. Leveling experience SUCKS!!! Let me get this straight in 1 day and 2 hours you get to level 60. You skill entire zones. You skip 50% of zones where you actually level. So basically all the new content is being skipped. Then you go back to Outland and Northrend. You spend about 12 hours there and you are back leveling in Cataclysm Zones.

Personally I would prefer having about 2.5 times slower time leveling 1 through 60 and have 2.5 times fast time leveling through Northrend. I find Outland to be perfect.

I totally agree with you - the problem is Blizzard wrongly believed that most of the playerbase "just levels to get to 85 and do level 85 content" -- something that's clearly not the case. We don't want production-line level 85s - we want the fun of levelling them.
Leveling was that way in wrath too. Stop using "we" like you're crusading.
Yeah WoW just steals to make a game these days. The Devs just can't make anything new and the sheep keep paying them money.

And yet you have over 10000 achievement points and continue to play the game and waste your time on WOW forums.

WOW must be doing something right by you or you simply lack any imagination and drive to do anything else with your life.