Ursol's Vortex

Druid
Seems like people are writing off this ability already, so I would just like to point out...

Ursol's Vortex + Typhoon.

On a side note, what the heck happened to Solar Beam?
solar beam will likely be an automatically leanred ability bake dinto the balance spec. maybe you learn it at level 50 for instance. i think ursols vortex, mass entanglement, displacer beast sound svery nice for pvp. actually too good maybe. being able to draw 5 enemies to you and then root them al lin place, throw down a solar beam and then blink away into stealth form sounds op imo
10/21/2011 04:38 PMPosted by Anastassia
solar beam will likely be an automatically leanred ability bake dinto the balance spec. maybe you learn it at level 50 for instance. i think ursols vortex, mass entanglement, displacer beast sound svery nice for pvp. actually too good maybe. being able to draw 5 enemies to you and then root them al lin place, throw down a solar beam and then blink away into stealth form sounds op imo

It does sound a bit too good to be true. I foresee a much larger cool down on Ursol's Vortex.
Ursol's Vortex sounds like it would be good for ferals. Especially bears to get those stray adds just out of swipe range.

I can't imagine boomkins or restos ever taking it though. You want people far away, not closer and mass entanglement has a 2s cast time which you wont get off with melee closer to you.
Ursol's Vortex sounds like it would be good for ferals. Especially bears to get those stray adds just out of swipe range.

I can't imagine boomkins or restos ever taking it though. You want people far away, not closer and mass entanglement has a 2s cast time which you wont get off with melee closer to you.

hmm i must have misundrstood mass entanglement. i thought was gonna have a targeting reticule and be instant cast
That just means it would require a bit of planning, for example, laying down a Fungal Growth before you use Ursol's Vortex.

UV sounds really amazing for RBGs, solo PvP maybe not so much, but that's why we can switch on the fly.

UV to Thunderstorm/Typhoon, UV to Void Tendrils/Psychic Scream, UV to Ring of Frost, etc.

Also, Mass Entanglement does have a 2s cast time, but it also has a 30 yard range.
10/21/2011 04:50 PMPosted by Anastassia
hmm i must have misundrstood mass entanglement. i thought was gonna have a targeting reticule and be instant cast

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/october/druid_tier3.jpg

^ says it has a 2s cast time. It will probably change before the xpac is released.

UV sounds really amazing for RBGs, solo PvP maybe not so much, but that's why we can switch on the fly.

UV to Thunderstorm/Typhoon, UV to Void Tendrils/Psychic Scream, UV to Ring of Frost, etc.

Ah true. Class synergy might make that talent pretty fun. I just like the idea of bear hug though.
10/21/2011 05:14 PMPosted by Zevahcotineb

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/october/druid_tier3.jpg

^ says it has a 2s cast time. It will probably change before the xpac is released.

Ah true. Class synergy might make that talent pretty fun. I just like the idea of bear hug though.

yeah guess i should read entire tooltips before i talk, lol. still there are plenty of ways that can be found to use an aoe deathgrip like ability.
From what I can tell, it seems that they are giving the tank specs each an ability like this. I didn't look at paladin and warrior talent teasers though... but DK's definitely got a spell just like this.

It's an obvious aoe tanking ability, but there are so many possibilities. I don't quite have a firm grasp on the way specs are going to work, but if it's possible to pick this up for pvp it could be a nasty peel when coupled with Demoralizing Roar...
I can see many uses for this ability

Spell interrupt

A form of taunt for tanks... or even last-minute "sacrifice" button to give others a chance to run.

Ursoc + Warstomp
Ursoc + Arcane Torrent

Just thinking of all the different possibilities.
From what I can tell, it seems that they are giving the tank specs each an ability like this. I didn't look at paladin and warrior talent teasers though... but DK's definitely got a spell just like this.

It's an obvious aoe tanking ability, but there are so many possibilities. I don't quite have a firm grasp on the way specs are going to work, but if it's possible to pick this up for pvp it could be a nasty peel when coupled with Demoralizing Roar...

I feel the same way about not having a grasp on the way specs work.

I have a feeling that may all be part of the plan. They said one of their goals is to try their best to get away from cookie-cutter ness. One way is to increase confusion and not have a clear guide of what is what.

For example, if we have to pick between one of these abilities in the resto tier, I can see how certain ones may be better in certain situations.
Tauren Boomkin could probably make good use of Ursol's Vortex. War Stomp is win.

UV + War Stomp + Mass Entanglement. Without War Stomp, they'd already be moving away before you even start the ME cast. Unless you are top threat, in which case they will immediately start to kill you without War Stomp. Either way, War Stomp buys you critical time to get a good chunk of the ME cast time done before they get away or you die. Especially if we still like haste as much as we do now, in which case our ME cast time will be reduced quite a bit.

We'll probably want to follow this up with Wild Charge or Displacer Beast so we aren't the only thing these mobs can reach. That would be bad.

Demoralizing Roar is probably going to be my default level 75 talent, but I could still see some use for Ursol's Vortex, at least situationally.
I'm already planning to use this in AB's LM.

AoE Death Grip to the edge...

Typhoon off the edge!
I'm already planning to use this in AB's LM.

AoE Death Grip to the edge...

Typhoon off the edge!

srsly, stop killing the fun before it even started

now we're gonna get nerfed before it even got into our hands :(
Ursoc + Warstomp
Ursoc + Arcane Torrent

Just thinking of all the different possibilities.

UV + eclipsed Mushrooms for AOE clearances.