If blizz were to add australian servers....

Oceanic General Discussion
Post Limit:
i would buy an annual pass on stop all plans to get starwars this december

and maybe do a flip

post what you would do down below
I would flip tables in excitement.. Because somewhere out there, someone out there listened to the needs of Australians and gave a !@#$.
Australian servers would be great but unfortunately it's just not going to happen.

I've got the annual pass so I'll be here for another year yet but without that there is no way I would have reactivated my sub. This game is in a sad and boring state and I'm looking forward to MoP to hopefully bring a bit of fun back into it. Fingers crossed.
i plan to quit wow if starwars has aus servers....if not....fml
I would watch my subscription cost double, because telstra is baaad.
I remember reading in a forum years ago that Blizzard requested a quote from Telstra regarding local server hosting for oceanic subscribers and it was not considered to be fincancially feasible.

After that I believe Internode offered to provide free hosting, but Blizzard had already shelved the idea.

The telecommunications infrastructure has changed dramatically in Australia in the last few years, especially with the roll-out of the National Broadband Network. We are slowly catching up with the rest of the world in this regard.

The current Oceanic servers do not just cater to players from Australia. They also draw subscribers from it's surrounding islands, South-East Asia and New Zealand. When you add them all up, it's a fairly large player base. Hosting servers in Australia would provide a benefit to all of these players.

The amount of quality games on the market has increased greatly in the last few years and now more than ever subscritions rest on a blades edge. Blizzard knows this and evidence can be found in their most recent promotion of the Annual Pass. If Blizzard put some time into solving this problem, they could make it happen.

Im sure ISP's in Australia would jump at the chance to host their servers now. Blizzard or the ISP's just need to take the initiative to make that deal happen. Lets just hope they do, before another MMO beats them to the punch.
I remember reading in a forum years ago that Blizzard requested a quote from Telstra regarding local server hosting for oceanic subscribers and it was not considered to be fincancially feasible.

After that I believe Internode offered to provide free hosting, but Blizzard had already shelved the idea.

The telecommunications infrastructure has changed dramatically in Australia in the last few years, especially with the roll-out of the National Broadband Network. We are slowly catching up with the rest of the world in this regard.

The current Oceanic servers do not just cater to players from Australia. They also draw subscribers from it's surrounding islands, South-East Asia and New Zealand. When you add them all up, it's a fairly large player base. Hosting servers in Australia would provide a benefit to all of these players.

The amount of quality games on the market has increased greatly in the last few years and now more than ever subscritions rest on a blades edge. Blizzard knows this and evidence can be found in their most recent promotion of the Annual Pass. If Blizzard put some time into solving this problem, they could make it happen.

Im sure ISP's in Australia would jump at the chance to host their servers now. Blizzard or the ISP's just need to take the initiative to make that deal happen. Lets just hope they do, before another MMO beats them to the punch.

Agreed, Australian-based servers would be the way to go.
It all comes down to the ISP and whether than can give Blizz what they need at a decent rate.
I do believe Robert Bridenbecker , VP of Online Tech said at Blizzcon that they are working with ISP's to find better routes back to their servers.

EDIT : Working not walking. As in working with the ISPs right now.

Here to Help :)
i would do a flip
Post on youtube
And link on the forums, and probably get banned, all because i am that happy i can finally have a decent latency while raiding, it would also increase my dps by like... 4-5k
I would also buy an annual pass, and would definitely play MoP
I do believe Robert Bridenbecker , VP of Online Tech said at Blizzcon that they are walking with ISP's to find better routes back to their servers.

Awesome.
Wouldnt make a difference to me.
Hoping TOR is going to have oceanic servers in the future (ie why it isn't going on sale in oceania)
12/02/2011 07:21 AMPosted by Amalekî
Awesome.

But he did say they had no plans to open Data Centers down here so his talk about it was a bit bitter sweet :(

Mac Tech Support MVP (moonlights in other forums)
I think u guys got them fooled by saying "hey I'll buy an annual pass".
I can see blizzard jumping for joy and deploying Australian servers ASAP!
5x annual pass = omg $$$$ guys.
Lol forums.