Stampede

Hunter
1 2 3 16 Next
I just reviewed yesterday's Q&A, and came away with a follow-up question that I then posted to the devs privately. The question submitted yesterday was ""Have you considered having a pet stampede spell where our 5 pet stable rushes our enemy for a 5min cooldown? Or is that too epic?"

The response was "yes", but there were two questions there, and we didn't make it clear that we were responding to the first question.

Here is a Ghostcrawler quote for you --

"One of the potential ideas we're considering for a new hunter ability is one where they send all 5 of their current pets to attack, for a short period of time, on a long cooldown. No guarantees that we'll go with it, but we're at least considering something like that."

That could be a lot of fun!

Thanks for the feedback. I know its an ability a lot of hunters would find really fun. I hope you can make it work.
That does sound like fun! >;)
That would be very cool. Like "Army of the Dead" for Hunters... sort of.

Is the comment below also just in the concept stage or will this be implemented? If so would it be a patch or at MoP release.

•With Aspect of the Cheetah on you won't get dazed when attacked, but the speed bonus will be turned off when you get hit.
Yes it certainly would be a lot of fun! But 2-4 pets out would be best, some of us like to run around with just one slot open just in case you run into that rare spawn or see a beautiful pet model.
Yay more snake traps? ^.^
1st page.
Awesome! I would love an ability like that. Maybe replace it with Fervor in the level 75 tier of talents and just give Fervor to BM hunters, that way you can make it REALLY awesome without having to worry about it being overpowered with readiness.

Also, slightly off topic but I'd really appreciate you taking a look at my PvP guide, I spent a lot of time on it and I really think it's sticky-quality : )

Thanks!
New ability that isn't allowed in arena, got to love how that works for hunter pvp.
My question would be if you were specced MM and had an exotic pet in your stable, would that rush also? Is the pets rushing just a graphic or can they use further skills such as Call of the Wild or even take advantage of Wild Hunt?
is this a blue post in the hunter forums? i feel strangely like crying. ty for this guys

i thought that there was talk about the pets being copies of pets closer to dk army. this seems like a better way to go, i also keep a slot empty, cuz you just never know when you will find yourself facing an awesome rare. the idea of bears and cats or even whatever the animals close are, like the hunter uses an ability that calls natures wrath down on the target. i can imagine all the wild mobs around attacking the target, also critters cuz that would be fun.
Though i must say Kaivax I truly love you and have to take this second to thank you with all my heart, mind and soul. Not to mention body.
I'm guessing an ability of that nature would be in the beast mastery tree, possibly even on the last tier. It would be quite a bit more interesting than just getting exotic pets and a handful more of pet talent points! Perhaps it would even give a few players - such as myself - an incentive to try BM a bit more seriously.

While nothing is even close to set in stone now, it will be interesting to see where this goes, if anywhere.
I just reviewed yesterday's Q&A, and came away with a follow-up question that I then posted to the devs privately. The question submitted yesterday was ""Have you considered having a pet stampede spell where our 5 pet stable rushes our enemy for a 5min cooldown? Or is that too epic?"

The response was "yes", but there were two questions there, and we didn't make it clear that we were responding to the first question.

Here is a Ghostcrawler quote for you --

"One of the potential ideas we're considering for a new hunter ability is one where they send all 5 of their current pets to attack, for a short period of time, on a long cooldown. No guarantees that we'll go with it, but we're at least considering something like that."

That could be a lot of fun!

I would love to see an ability like that, it WOULD be "too epic" and that's exactly why we should have it! We are the quintessential "pet class", and having an ability to call upon all our pets at the same time would be fantastic.
I can see why hunters would love it, damn if i was a hunter i would love it but froma non-hunter PoV its a silly idea if implemented poorly

Imagine the amount of stuns, traps / nets etc....while the hunter just stands back and beats on you.
Wow... A blue post in the Hunter forums. I feel as if I could die happy now.

As for the skill itself, it does seem really cool. Although that would kinda force up to carry a full stable all the time. I like to keep one slot open just in case I come across something I want to tame, like a rare.
I can see why hunters would love it, damn if i was a hunter i would love it but froma non-hunter PoV its a silly idea if implemented poorly

Imagine the amount of stuns, traps / nets etc....while the hunter just stands back and beats on you.

Imagine the invisibility!