Stampede

Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 16 Next
That sounds terrifying.

Are you sure hunters don't need a dead zone?

11/10/2011 12:13 PMPosted by Marathel
The most dangerous thing would be if there is a variety of pets. If you have the curse of elements debuff pet, add a tanking pet, the interrupt and silence one or generally just a variety its would be a very strong cd

my bet is the pets wouldn't have their specific abilities and it would just be an animation that sends all your pets and it just does a set amount of damage or something.
That would be very cool. Like "Army of the Dead" for Hunters... sort of.

Is the comment below also just in the concept stage or will this be implemented? If so would it be a patch or at MoP release.

•With Aspect of the Cheetah on you won't get dazed when attacked, but the speed bonus will be turned off when you get hit.

It isn't a certainty, but it is very likely that this will be implemented with 5.0.

The image of a hunter unleashing all 5 of his pets at once is hilarious.

11/10/2011 12:16 PMPosted by Qualk
my bet is the pets wouldn't have their specific abilities and it would just be an animation that sends all your pets and it just does a set amount of damage or something.

^also this please, so I don't have to stable my tenacity pets for raiding.
11/10/2011 12:19 PMPosted by Kaivax
It isn't a certainty, but it is very likely that this will be implemented with 5.0.

hopefully getting hit by DoT ticks won't count as being "hit"
That would be a lot of fun, I just hope it turns out better than Army of the Dead which fell off the map pretty quickly.
Actually would be really cool to see. Can imagine it wouldn't have pet specials in use and would just use an animation based on your active pets and operate like Army. Maybe they'll actually let them scale so it won't become useless like Army as well.
To me it wont happen and i would'nt want it to happen. I would rather a bug fix, and dps buff to surv. Only thing you are doing to making BM stronger.

If this was to go ahead, then it should be reduced damage, like call all pet but damage done by all pets at this time has been reduced to 75%.

The burst damage would be crazy, You could basically one shot someone. all you would be would have 1 spider 1 Rav, 1 raptor, 2 Tigers .

Think of the damage in a bg or arena that would do, spider web, every other pet attacks applying debuff etc etc you pop RF, trinkets etc etc, unload to much damage.

Like i said i would rather a dps buff that would bring my dps up over time not burst, we have enough burst damage as it is, but sustained damage drops to much.
just thought of stacking 5 monkeys and the poo storm they could fling up
This would be more interesting as a BM only cooldown versus all specs getting it.
Would be cool if when used Stampede sends out all 5 of your current pets to tackle and attack your target for a few sec then they splinter off and attack other nearby targets for a while before going away.
I can see why hunters would love it, damn if i was a hunter i would love it but froma non-hunter PoV its a silly idea if implemented poorly

Imagine the amount of stuns, traps / nets etc....while the hunter just stands back and beats on you.

Really a mage of all classes...You could just Ice block you way out of it.

p.s. shouldn't you be in the pvp forums complaining about MMR or something thanks.

Yip this is the only toon i play and i only pvp. You summed it up.
1) It should use the pets you have on your belt, if available (see 2)
2) If you have only 4 pets alive/available (i.e. leaving a spot open for a rare) one of the 4 pets is duplicated to fill in the 5th pet, similar for only 1, 2 or 3 pets alive/available (obviously requires at least one pet alive/available)
3) Special abilities should be disabled on the "clones", and most likely the "clones" will be based on your active pet's spec/build (i.e. you won't have 1 Ferocity and 4 Tank pets out, but 5 Ferocity pets who look like your current 5 pets).
4) I agree that it should compete directly with Readiness, that way, it could be balanced for Arena use (i.e. 4 min CD - still length), or at the least, not cause Readiness to be a no-brainer for whatever hunter gets the ability.
I have two hunter alts, both destined for 85...and I must say, this would be so, so...

EPICLY EPIC.

Yes please! ALso, could we get stags as pets?
11/10/2011 12:16 PMPosted by Qualk

And would probably have their talents normalized. I imagine a "secondary" army for the hunter, where the pets are intelligent like the army ghouls but they do tons more damage from the ghouls, and the generic "hunters use this" buffs fromt he pets regardless of pet type.

"roar of courage" "wolf howl" "dragonhawk breath" and "turtle shield" would be nice, regardless of animal type. Exotics inclusive, as the pet types, talents, and buffs would be of a generic quality.

Talents for ferocity mindful; no one wants to see 2's and 3's for damage from 5 turtles eating Deathwing's face.

I foresee a 10min cooldown with army.

I also foresee 4 pets being chosen at random from entire collection. If not, a generic lion/tiger should be implemented.

I also foresee this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WVTG3dXuVM
/endfortuneteller

Sounds cool! :3
If army is useable in arenas, stampede would have to be too; but if army isn't, then stampede shouldn't -- they essentially are duplicates with different rols... Army is best applicable as a tank and stampede is best used as a dps(as if hunters can be anything else, I know. But taken into consideration what its intent is...)
I appreciate the post, Kalvax - it's something that has cropped up AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN as an idea.

Honestly I would settle for more boring reassuring news related to spec and class balance, though. For instance, if this was a new Beastmaster ability, and in MoP Beastmaster continues to lag behind the other specs, then the development work on it will be somewhat wasted because most people won't be playing Beastmaster. Though I probably will be :)
An ability to send out all the pets at once on a long cd would be so cool!

I could have an army of Monkeys!

Thanks Kaivax, coconuts are in the mail!