heirloom gear...

General Discussion
Post Limit:
okay so i have not played in a while and i am new to the heirloom gear. i know it is bind on account. so does that mean if i get on a diffrent server then i can still use that gear on a new toon i create there or does it have to stay on the same server as it is gotten on.
If you transfer servers and carry BoA gear with you, it stays BoA and you can mail it to any of your characters on that server.
Just what Ehcks said.

The plus with the gear, is that if you want to "start over" with the other faction, you can mail heirloom gear between your toons on different factions. I have been working on my mage over the last few weeks with gear that I purchased originally on my alliance toons. So that was nice.
Blizzard is currently working with ideas on how to make BoA gear able to be sent cross realm. Many people have suggested ways to make it happen, but in the end it has to do with the capability of their servers and code.

It will happen, just not yet. Cross faction is possible right now though.
BoAs (should be BoRealm), can only be mailed between characters of the same realm. Even opposite faction.

BoAs can also be mailed to another account with the same Battle.net account on the same realm.

Currently the only way to get existing heirlooms from one server to another is to transfer them with a character (at least level 10) holding them.

He did not ask if it can be MAILED at all. He asked if it can be USED on different realms. Stop with your own agenda.

Yes, they are Bind on Battlenet Account. You can use heirlooms on any character, on any realm, on any full WoW license attached to your Battlenet. Methods of moving the heirlooms around differ depending where you are sending them.

On the same realm you can trade them (trade window) or mail them (even cross-faction). If you need to send them to another realm you just give them to a level 10+ character and poetform a Character Transfer of the that character. They do not go away like Hallow's Eve event candy when the even ends. They do transfer with your character and are fully functional on the target realm. I just transferred 3 sets myself this past weekend.

Blizzard has said that they know technically how they want to expand the system to handle cross-realm BoA transmission, but they have not had time in their schedule yet. This feature must be added by the Battlenet Development team and they are busy on features that impact multiple games. When they are done with that, they will free up to add a feature that is limited to WoW. The WoW development team can't add this feature because it's cross-realm and they don't handle that.
11/14/2011 09:10 AMPosted by Kahlàn
okay so i have not played in a while and i am new to the heirloom gear. i know it is bind on account. so does that mean if i get on a diffrent server then i can still use that gear on a new toon i create there or does it have to stay on the same server as it is gotten on.

There's no mechanism to transfer any items realm to realm, so if you got it on one server, it'd be stuck there unless you did a paid server transfer.
Heirlooms can be sent to all characters no matter what faction on the server you got them on not any different server sadly :(
11/14/2011 09:13 AMPosted by Maehara
BoAs (should be BoRealm), can only be mailed between characters of the same realm. Even opposite faction.

All items are currently bound to the one realm. There is no point in stating a rule that applies to all items, on every item. You could as reasonably insist they "should" be called "made of pixels" or "this is a WoW item" on every item.

Only additional, specific rules need to be expressly stated. The additional rule on heirlooms is that they can only be sent to toons on the same Bnet account, unlike simple items that can be sent to anyone. Adding an extra rule does not remove all other rules. So heirlooms are still bound to a realm like all WoW items, and also to a Bnet account.

This really isn't that hard to understand.
11/14/2011 10:46 AMPosted by Ellissia
So, you should be able to mail heirlooms to any character on any account on your realm? Why?

Bound to multiple characters under the same account but only on this realm gear.

BOMCUSABOOTR
Kahlàn
82 Blood Elf Priest
I speak English H

I speak English H

English

Hah, I doubt it. o_o