Shaman in MoP

Shaman
Hey guys,
I'm old, crusty and somewhat intoxicated but I would like to know what shaman will be like in MoP. Spells such as priest circle of healing and Mage living bomb will be open to all specs of the respective classes. So... Does this mean all shaman will have access to shamanistic rage, riptide and earth shield? I did not see those spells as part of our new talent trees, and speaking as a frustrated elemental pvp shaman I'd be interested in knowing if we will finally have some noteworthy defense.
Cheers,
Bile.
No. Well, maybe. Trainers will teach you skills that are only available in certain specs. So you'll get earth shield from the trainer, but you can only use it when resto spec'd.
It really isn't even clear if we are getting abilities from trainers at all or just automaticly on level up but qued to spec. It is too early to say anything really.
The good news is, all Shaman specs will be gaining the new passive "Sexual Healing". It behaves very like PotI, but only w/regard to direct Heals. This will dramatically improve Hybrid utility of non-Resto specs, Resto survival, and ensure that Resto is still too powerful in the initial two Seasons of PvP. Sadly, in Season 3 they will nerf Ghost Wolf for Resto to get things back in check.
11/19/2011 07:04 PMPosted by Rakha
The good news is, all Shaman specs will be gaining the new passive "Sexual Healing". It behaves very like PotI, but only w/regard to direct Heals. This will dramatically improve Hybrid utility of non-Resto specs, Resto survival, and ensure that Resto is still too powerful in the initial two Seasons of PvP. Sadly, in Season 3 they will nerf Ghost Wolf for Resto to get things back in check.
Ok, I have to admit this made me laugh.
Guys, its just me or they are trying to turn Shamans into the same boring thing that other classes are?
1) They will remove our Buffs (Like they are slowly doing since vanilla), but this is one of the must important aspect of the Shaman class. Every other class has a buff button that they hit once or a passive buff that they provide just by choosing that talent point. We have our amazing totems, that we can put some thought into it an decide what is the best buff for that party composition. And we can modify the buff we will provide along the battle or dungeon. We can flip a buff like if it is a coin, and that's amazing and not just dumb like every other class.

2) I think that shamans are the most fun healing class right now. It is dynamic, you need to put some thought into it. Druids can heal with just 3 buttons. Paladins with just 2. But we need to mix our spells like no other class, they interact with each other in an amazing form. Yes! we are not the best healers, but when we need to raid heal or heal a group, we need to think where are we putting that AOE heal, of if it's needed. Other classes just hit the same buttons and don't even care about positioning or if their heals will hit the right targets, they just spam the same 2 or 3 buttons the entire fight. The only reason they have to move is to don't stand in fire...that is dumb and sux.
But they are trying to let shamans heal like the others! But they should bring them to our side! We are much more amazing...

3) 7 Talents to choose? Really ? I thing this game is about choices! We choose what equipment is the best for us, what enchant, glyph, gem and TALENT!
We should be able to choose a lot of talents, like we do now. Its to plain simple to choose just between 7 talents of a list of 21...too simple and too boring.

They will turn shamans into a boring class with no talents to choose, no totems to buff and no brain needed to heal...

Sorry for the long post.
Maniaco, understand that I am not insulting you, or your intellect, when I say that you did not put enough thought into your complaint.

1) There is nothing interesting or intelligent about this. Not a damn thing. We just have a bunch of the most common buffs in the most awkward possible format. Even in a 10-man, rarely will more than one such buff be of any use to any one. They are not taking away our buffs. They have not even confirmed that they are removing any number of buffs. They are just decoupling them from totems, such that totems can occupy a more interesting design space.

2) The hell you say. Blizzard is doing sweet FA about the one thing that we are not already fantastic at in PvE Healing, that we have been told so far. Where are you getting your information? Is it from me? Because a solid majority of my posts are blatant lies, with no references, and clear indications that there is nothing related to the truth in them.

3) Hell, that's four more choices than I have right now.
Hey guys,
I'm old, crusty and somewhat intoxicated but I would like to know what shaman will be like in MoP. Spells such as priest circle of healing and Mage living bomb will be open to all specs of the respective classes. So... Does this mean all shaman will have access to shamanistic rage, riptide and earth shield? I did not see those spells as part of our new talent trees, and speaking as a frustrated elemental pvp shaman I'd be interested in knowing if we will finally have some noteworthy defense.
Cheers,
Bile.

In all honesty, it is hard to tell right now. There just isn't much information.

We know a few things that may interest you (note: all of this is preliminary information subject to change (and some of it probably will change)):

1) Preliminary Talent Tree http://www.wowhead.com/mists-of-pandaria-talent-calculator#s

2) At level 10 you pick your specialization and get your spec spells (Thunderstorm, Shamanism) and as you level you will also automatically gain passives and abilities for your spec as well as your class like Healing Wave (class), Fulmination (spec) and Lava Surge (spec).

3) We are losing buffing totems and will have buff auras (also they are streamlining buffs into 8 types (HP, Int, Agi, Str, S.Haste, M.Haste, Crit, Mastery))

4) We will get utility totems to fill out our totem selection

5) They want to make dispels more powerful but with longer cooldowns (for instance Purge with a 10s cooldown that completely strips the target of all magic buffs)

6) Instant Ghost Wolf baseline across the board (not sure if confirmed or speculation)

7) Possible new and interesting resources for Elemental and Enhance along with Mana

8) Intellect will no longer increase max mana so as a healer you have to decide between power (Int) and regen (Spirit), and I believe Blizz said something about the removal of MP5 buffs and Replenishment

9) They want to bring the value of primary (Int, Agi, Str) and secondary stats closer together, hence new resource systems and Int not increasing max mana

10) They are considering removing Prime Glyphs because they are not interesting

That's all the Shaman relevant stuff I can remember for now but I am sure there is some I missed.

As for Ele Shaman PvP woes the new talents look like they will help out quite a bit by increasing our tool set and also by limiting the tool sets of some other specs. Again, it is hard to tell without all the information but from the rough first look we have I would say things are looking better.
The new buffs are actually HP, Spell Power, Attack Power, Spell Haste, Melee Haste, Crit, Mastery, and Stats (By Stats, I'm assuming they mean like Blessing of Kings is currently)

Ghost Wolf is currently planned to be Instant baseline, but the resistance to movement impairing effects will be talented
11/20/2011 12:31 AMPosted by Amaravati
7) Possible new and interesting resources for Elemental and Enhance along with Mana

I`ve heard of all of the above information except for this. How did you come to this conclusion, or where was it stated?

I believe the note about purge was 20 second cooldown, 10 second strip of buffs. I`m guessing after those 10 seconds, you get the buffs back. I like this idea better, it`s a lot less purge and pray.

Hey guys,
I'm old, crusty and somewhat intoxicated but I would like to know what shaman will be like in MoP.

Most likely terrible and poorly done. Right now their isnt a lot of info and even with their was it could likely all change in two weeks anyway. Based of blizzards current attitude/handling of shamans Id estimate that the shaman class will fall short of the mark in most aspects while possibly doing incredibly well in verry specific aspects at the start of the expansion, but never fear! blizz will likely kick those crutches out from under us a few patches in.

Basicaly I dont have High hopes for shamans and if I havent ditched this game for tor by then I may not bother leveling my shaman at all (lord knows it wont be the first toon i hit 90 on and maybe not even the second).
I would just like to know if shamans are going to be decent pvp healers in mop or are priests going to be better?
I like shaman in pvp more but i dont know how good it will be in mop
can anyone answer this?
holy necro batman