Mac Launcher settings + Changing region

Mac Technical Support
Im in the EU, but on my windows computer i was able to access the settings of the launcher via "file" and so on at the top, and i was able to change the EU client to US. I was also able to see connection info when downloading patches.

how do i do this on my macbook? i have just installed via CD the eu client and it is almost finished patching..but how do i change to to US?

is there any other way besides downloading the US client off the account management section (only found out about this now)

Edit: I have a full cata US account. I play on US servers.
Navigate to the Data subfolder then "whatever your language" subfolder (enGB for EU english or enUS for US) and edit the realmlist.WTF file (change realmlist and portal from eu to us).

Of course this isn't supported by Blizzard (but it works so you don't need to have 2 differents WoW installations side by side).
It will be the same as the PC, but the only difference is that it is is on the top menu next to the apple icon.
Mac Tech Support for Blizzard Entertainment || Mon - Fri 1:45pm - 10:45pm CST
If you can't find it here, contact a rep direct :http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html
https://www.surveymk.com/s/TKL88F8 <---- Rate my Blue post here...
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.
Did you try what Tognar suggests ? He's told me before he's able to connect to both teh US and EU realms.

It's just opening and edting a text file >_>
I did what Tognar said, but it says I can't log in with my account, because it isn't registered in the EU region. I am disappointed Blizzard!
12/23/2011 12:13 AMPosted by Davier
I did what Tognar said, but it says I can't log in with my account, because it isn't registered in the EU region. I am disappointed Blizzard!

Erm.... doing this doesn't magically make a US account work on EU realms.

You need an EU account to play on the EU realms. It's always been like this and is not any fault of Blizzard.

Mac Tech Support MVP (moonlights in other forums)
Here to Help :)
12/24/2011 08:23 PMPosted by Bluspacecow

Erm.... doing this doesn't magically make a US account work on EU realms.

You need an EU account to play on the EU realms. It's always been like this and is not any fault of Blizzard.

Mac Tech Support MVP (moonlights in other forums)
Here to Help :)

Blu is quite correct. To play in a different realm you need to have a specific region WoW account for it.
Mac Tech Support for Baaaaahlizzard Entertainment || Sunday to Thursday 11:00 am - 8:00 pm CST
http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG ---- Rate my Baaaaalue Posts. How's this sheep doing?
The Mechanical sheep formerly known as as TonyM!
If at first you don't succeed... call it Version 1.0..
Hey guys I have a question I have a problem I have characters on both the EU and the US realms but i dont know how to switch to the US one. Like im on Mac and the thing is there are tonnes of files that are enGB, does this mean I have to switch all of them to enUS to get into the US realm?
I don't have realmlist.wtf in enUS folder. I want to change from US to EU region. Can you help please?
I guys, any of you that cannot find the realmlist.wtf on mac. You go world of warcraft>WTF and the file you need to edit is called config.wtf NOT realmlist.wtf. Just change anything that says eu to us or vice versa. Hope it helps!
I Cannot find the realmlist.wtf or config.wtf on my Macbook Pro, I am not sure what to do.

Please Help me
I have a similar problem. I play regularly (US) on my Windows desktop, but upon trying to log in to my account on my Macbook, it launched the UK launcher, which added a trial account to my Battle.net account, and I can't play in my regular realm or with any of my characters. I'd rather not delete and re-download the HUGE launcher and game file, but I wan't to be able to play on my Macbook as well.
^ I am having the same problem actually. Not sure how to fix it... can't seem to modify the config.wtf with any mac text edit stuff. Anyone know how to approach this?