How does everyone feel about the MoP...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
11/23/2011 09:02 AMPosted by Delarie
I feel as though they are pretty incomplete and that I shouldn't jump to any conclusions yet about anything.

Yeah, clearly the spell lists are unfinished. It leads me to wonder why Blizzard released this right now. As a simple example: I was delighted to see Silence baked into the spell list until I noticed that for shadow Mind Blast, Mind Spike and Devouring Plague are missing.

So yeah...not quite done yet.
11/23/2011 09:07 AMPosted by Moanaleesa
I feel as though they are pretty incomplete and that I shouldn't jump to any conclusions yet about anything.

Yeah, clearly the spell lists are unfinished. It leads me to wonder why Blizzard released this right now. As a simple example: I was delighted to see Silence baked into the spell list until I noticed that for shadow Mind Blast, Mind Spike and Devouring Plague are missing.

It's kind of a Proof of Concept. Here is what we want to do with enough stuff sprinkled in to get an understanding. You don't want to build a complete product and find flaws that would have come out during the model phase.

Eeshk... yeah at the very least, the priest one is very incomplete. My husband had to rip me away from my computer last night and reassure me that they aren't complete.

There is a disclaimer that says:

All specs, spells and talents are not final and may change during the development process.

Perhaps it needs to mention the word "incomplete" as well? To calm the WoW population?
I like druid guardian tree -- I got a feel for the direction I think they are going. I feel priest trees are too incomplete for me to comment on, and leave me with more questions than answers so I'll wait for a later date to form any strong opinions.
I will wait until I have MoP in my grubby hands and start playing it.

I remember when BC came out everyone said it was the worst expansion ever, said it was the end of WoW...etc.

I remember when Wrath came out and everyone said it was the worst expansion ever, said it was the end of WoW...etc.

I remember when Cata came out and everyone said it was the worst expansion ever, said it is the end of WoW.

Some people on this forum either...

A. Have no idea what they are talking about

B. Have a very negative attitude and probably not just for this game.

C. Jumps to conclusions about something they have not yet experienced.
I like it, it's going to be very difficult for me to choose.
It's kind of a Proof of Concept. Here is what we want to do with enough stuff sprinkled in to get an understanding. You don't want to build a complete product and find flaws that would have come out during the model phase.

Personally, I understand that. That said, given the state of the community, you would think that Blizzard would know better than to put this out there with the lists *that* unfinished. For most people this is their first look at that piece of it and with many basic spells missing it's understandable and natural that people will react to that instead of the talents. The talents, after all, have been out there a while.

I'm not looking for a finalized list or anything but the basic building blocks should be there.
11/23/2011 09:15 AMPosted by Velendra
I like it, it's going to be very difficult for me to choose.

Me too. There was another thread somewhere where someone was complaining in the same breath about lack of choice and how choices were harder. His very arguable point was that harder choice does not equal more choice.

I pointed out that simple choices weren't really choices at all.

Change is hard I suppose.
I like what the druids are getting. Same thing for Hunters. Not so sure about rogues atm though.
My balance druid is baffled at the changes to insect swarm.

Other than that, she's pretty happy with the way the new talents look right now.
I like the concept of it.

I will wait until I have MoP in my grubby hands and start playing it.

I remember when BC came out everyone said it was the worst expansion ever, said it was the end of WoW...etc.

I remember when Wrath came out and everyone said it was the worst expansion ever, said it was the end of WoW...etc.

I remember when Cata came out and everyone said it was the worst expansion ever, said it is the end of WoW.

Some people on this forum either...

A. Have no idea what they are talking about

B. Have a very negative attitude and probably not just for this game.

C. Jumps to conclusions about something they have not yet experienced.

d. hops on the bandwagon they think is the popular one.

I like the concept of the talents. Of course the passive ones are cookie cut but choosing the rest of the talents gives room for more unique spec. I'm not totally happy with the priest one but it is not set in stone so I will save that criticism.
We wanted to take a moment to give some context to why the calculators were posted, and the permanence of the data shown. A lot of times we say things like "not final" and "may change" as verbal wiggle room should we decide we need to go a different direction, or are unable to complete something in time. In this case the Mists of Pandaria calculator data is essentially pre-alpha, and will absolutely change in many ways.

It was important for us to get this stuff in front of you as soon as possible though (and as a work in progress as it is) to get your feedback, which will in no small part influence that change. We also wanted to present everything on a single page to give you a fuller context for the initial talent changes we announced at BlizzCon, and to see how the overall structure of core abilities, spec abilities, and talents will function, with concrete examples.

The calculator contains elements that are experimental, still in the process of implementation, or in some cases outright failed experiments that we already intend to revise or replace. Odds are good that if it looks like we’ve forgotten some critical piece of a particular class toolkit, it’s either accounted for elsewhere, or simply a data glitch (e.g., Prayer of Healing is currently absent from the calculator – we are not taking Prayer of Healing away from priests, and Devastate for warriors probably won't sunder armor 453%). Our hope is that revealing the calculator in this state will shed light on the philosophy behind our talent overhaul, and let you get a sense of how pieces of your core rotational gameplay, such as Hot Streak, Riptide, or Sudden Doom, fit into the new system.

The different classes are also at very different stages of design and implementation, and the fact that some mechanics changes we discussed at BlizzCon and in recent Q&As are not yet present does not mean that we have abandoned those ideas.

Any and all feedback is very welcome, but please keep all of the above in mind when considering the information in the talent calculator, and please keep feedback consolidated in the Mists of Pandaria forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/2592425/
Loving the priest ones. Shaman looks superbad though : /
Honestly, I'm looking forward to having what essentially is two different Arms specs. Looking over the talents, I can see Arms being at least semi-viable in PvP AND PvE which is good for at least me.
I'm hating fiecelly the rogue ones. I don't like the mage specs, they're identical except arcane is worse. The other classes I play are fine.
I don't like that soul link is not a learned spell.

It shouldn't have to be a talent point.

But I am amused with the running while casting talent.

Sure it will take longer to cast but that's better than stopping to cast...

IMMA CHASE YOU DOWN WITH SHADOWBOLTS!

WHERE IS YOUR LIGHT NOW, WARCRAFT?!??!?!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I'm slowly being won over to the new talent system. I still don't like only getting them every 15 levels, and I don't want to wait until level 90 to get the best stuff, but it's an interesting direction.

I adore the fire mage changes; sounds like that spec will be a lot more fun. Looks like arcane might be a little less mindless now, which is also good.

The warlock stuff looks amazing. I don't even know what I'll pick because it all seems so good.

I have no complaints about paladin or shaman.

Druid looks kind of OP, but I don't PvP, so I don't really care.

Rogue is the only one I'm not thrilled with. We don't really have anything new or fun right now, and the new killing spree sounds very dull and awkward.