Coolest city on Azeroth??

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
11/28/2011 08:19 PMPosted by Highhunter
Gilneas City. I adore the architecture.
Echo Isle/Darkspear Isle.

Also, Ironforge. Dwarf kingdom in a mountain? Can't beat that.
If Dalaran was as large as it should be, and had less arab architectural influences then it would be my favorite. Gilneas City in its old victorian architecture is badass though
I absolutely love Silvermoon City, hands down.

The music is amazing, the architecture is granfd.. it's the only city where I feel "immersed."

The music is amazing, the architecture is granfd.. it's the only city where I feel "immersed."
so weird that an alliance character is saying that about a horde city. When my horde character visits stormwind, I feel immersed as well because it reflects how much the humans hate the horde!

so weird that an alliance character is saying that about a horde city. When my horde character visits stormwind, I feel immersed as well because it reflects how much the humans hate the horde!

No it doesn't, Stormwind is a city of peace before it is a city of war. Orgimmar reflects the Horde's hatred of the Alliance because it is clearly a fortress city to defend against attack. Stormwind is a beautiful city that has defences, but is clearly built to house civilians and is a place of art, religion, study and trade. Basically Orgimmar is built for warriors and Stormwind is built for culture.

My personal favourite is the Exodar because I love the art work, followed closely by Stormwind.
There are some awesome cities. Dalaran is the best in my book. For one thing, it has at least five bars.

And so you don't need a separate thread; Undercity
11/30/2011 07:38 AMPosted by Magikarpe
No it doesn't, Stormwind is a city of peace before it is a city of war. Orgimmar reflects the Horde's hatred of the Alliance because it is clearly a fortress city to defend against attack. Stormwind is a beautiful city that has defences, but is clearly built to house civilians and is a place of art, religion, study and trade. Basically Orgimmar is built for warriors and Stormwind is built for culture.
I was actually joking when I said that. I meant that I felt immersed when my horde character visited stormwind, becuase they attack you on sight and try to kill you. It just goes to show how much the humans hate the forsaken that they would just try to kill you as soon as they see you. So pretty much my last post was about what it was like for my forsaken character to come to stormwind because the guards of stormwind hates the forsaken so much that getting attacked is like another way of getting immersed.
Darn'freakin'nassus

And Gil'neas
Silvermoon city
Ulduar. Although...it's more of a prison I guess. Grim Batol comes as a close second.
Thunder Bluff, very spiritual and intense. Love it!
I think if we could see what Suramar was like, then everything else would get blown out of the water.
I actually kindof like Undercity.

I used to like Thunder Bluff, until I fell off of it. Then I thought - as an actual, real life city....who would live here? Would I want to raise kids (calves?) here?
I give it to Stormwind, when you realize that the entire city was built to be a massive military Fortress for the Alliance against the most powerful Force Azeroth has every seen.

The purpose of Stormwind when it was built was not to be a capital, it was to be a massive !@#$-block to the Horde should they ever return to Azeroth.
Actually, I think you are referring directly to Nethergarde Keep. That was designed specifically to watch over the Dark Portal so the Horde couldn't return.

Stormwind was rebuilt so that the kingdom could once again have a capital city, and its people have a home. Sure, it is fortified, but every capital city is. If it were meant to block the Horde, it would've made much more sense to make a brand new city in front of the Dark Portal.

As for my answer to the thread? I'd have to say Gilneas. I mean, really, look at it! It's awesome! Second place would be the ruins of Lordaeron because it still holds some grandeur from its life. And then Stormwind City with the new additions (like the road textures), making it probably the best actual capital in the game (Lordaeron and Gilneas don't really count as that).
It was really weird to read this thread and see that I had replied to it a long time ago.

I was about to say "Stormwind" again.
I actually kindof like Undercity.

I used to like Thunder Bluff, until I fell off of it. Then I thought - as an actual, real life city....who would live here? Would I want to raise kids (calves?) here?

You just gotta be careful and keep kids on a leash but Iron forge is pretty epic
11/28/2011 04:56 PMPosted by Silward
Gilneas City. I adore the architecture.