4.3 Cat Survival Guide

Druid
Figured i would post some data for all you numbers people.

http://i.imgur.com/4rpQw.jpg

This is some Hagara pulls explaining the swipe dmg in the parse. As you can see lightning strike is the trinket proc. I am using the 410 Heroic version of Vial of Shadows. I am ilvl 396 on PTR as a reference.
That is...do want. lol 88k crit.
Is there a link to the actual Log we can look at, a Screenshot doesn't give as much information. And WHY is there Swipe damage in the parse, there is no AoE in that fight.
11/21/2011 09:48 AMPosted by Konungr
Is there a link to the actual Log we can look at, a Screenshot doesn't give as much information. And WHY is there Swipe damage in the parse, there is no AoE in that fight.

If you have CPs up on Hagara, chances are it'd be better damage to leave them on her and swipe the crystals instead - especially if you have 5 on her. They die quite fast on normal mode; it's essentially Staghelm's cats. Get a few white attacks in, swipe on clear casting or before energy capping. There's no time to ramp up any real damage. /shrug
If you have CPs up on Hagara, chances are it'd be better damage to leave them on her and swipe the crystals instead - especially if you have 5 on her. They die quite fast on normal mode; it's essentially Staghelm's cats. Get a few white attacks in, swipe on clear casting or before energy capping. There's no time to ramp up any real damage. /shrug

Yes, but what you are describing is not reflected in the logs. You would have very few Swipes if that were the case, this is why a log would be better than a SS of it.
These are heroic attempts not normal. And you better be spamming swipe on heroic or people are going to die even to the point of saving zerk for a set of the ice tombs. I can not share the full logs for progression reasons i am sorry. If you want more specific data of something i will post another pic if you wish.
I never understood the logic behind Private logs for progression, especially from the PTR.
11/21/2011 09:48 AMPosted by Konungr

Ice tombs - on 25H there are six of them.
Nice baleroc parse Stenhaldi i am jealous been doing split raids for months we haven't been able to do any parsing this tier makes me sad. No DI/tricks and doing a crystal i can respect that ;p
I can't convince OR bribe our rogues to give me tricks ever, or the locks to give me DI unless I happen to be in the alt raid.

Selfish jerks. >.>
I can't convince OR bribe our rogues to give me tricks ever, or the locks to give me DI unless I happen to be in the alt raid.

Selfish jerks. >.>

Same...

The two rogue in our group give alternating tricks to our ret paladin and our locks give DI to our shadow priests.

QQ,
I *guess* I'll just hafta keep getting carried on Eri in the main raid and never kill h. rag again on Reesi in order to get DI.

Shame, I would have liked a second tier helm.

Selfish jerks. >.>

Hell, up until 2-3 weeks ago we didn't even have a Warlock or a Rogue, and our Priest cries and complains anytime he isn't chosen to get buffs or special benefits, such as being behind Majordomo for no Concentration loss.
11/21/2011 11:57 AMPosted by Notdiggz
Nice baleroc parse Stenhaldi i am jealous been doing split raids for months we haven't been able to do any parsing this tier makes me sad. No DI/tricks and doing a crystal i can respect that ;p

Thanks!

(The countdown in the middle of my berserk made me extremely sad though.)
11/21/2011 12:21 PMPosted by Stenhaldi

Thanks!

(The countdown in the middle of my berserk made me extremely sad though.)

I had 4 countdowns this week. Wtf. D:
11/21/2011 12:13 PMPosted by Reesi

We have 4 locks. If we have a lack of boomkins/spriests...I get a DI. =3
11/21/2011 04:23 PMPosted by Dagglet

/Jelly
My only question is that with a relatively high latency, is haste a worthwhile stat at all?
I'm usually stuck around 97ms at best, maybe 150ms at worst. So, I was just wondering if more haste would be better or not. I'm currently balancing most secondary stats, favoring mastery the most. With the 2 piece t13 bonus making crit and haste more valuable, I'd like to know which stat to shoot for. Any advice is appreciated. :)
11/21/2011 05:21 PMPosted by Konungr

/Jelly

./also

I got DI once... And I asked the lock if I was procc'ing it enough for him with 3 bleeds (I had the T11 2pc at the time - though I'm not sure that counts). He said no, but I was his only option until the S.Priest showed up. :(

I think I died a lil' inside...
11/22/2011 09:26 PMPosted by Nareyah
I'm usually stuck around 97ms at best, maybe 150ms at worst.

That's not High Latency at all.

11/22/2011 09:26 PMPosted by Nareyah
With the 2 piece t13 bonus making crit and haste more valuable, I'd like to know which stat to shoot for. Any advice is appreciated. :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2592641963

Never stack Crit as your primary, its always going to be either Haste or Mastery. Crit will always be your secondary, and whatever you choose not to stack, Haste or Mastery, will bring up the rear. They vary in strength according to fight type and personal play-style. Patchwerk fights favor Haste, where Heavy Movement & time away from target favors Mastery. Hit/Exp caps are a QoL Personal Preference, they are a slight loss on Patchwerk fights and can even be a gain in DPS on non-Patchwerk fights.