Season 10-11 Transition FAQ and Guide

Battlegrounds
Post Limit:
i had a gm confirm that epic gems would have a small chance to be prospected from pyrite ore so i stock piled up. did they change this? or was the gm i spoke to misinformed?

The information I have is from the Eurogamer interview with Tom Chilton which you can find here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-19-killing-deathwing-in-wow-patch-4-3-interview?page=2

Tom Chilton: There certainly are quite a few new profession recipes. We also introduce the epic gems in this patch, and they'll be available only through the normal and heroic difficulty of the Deathwing raids.

If epic gems will in fact have a tiny chance to be prospected from pyrite ore I have never seen it confirmed on the forums or anywhere else, and it will come as a shock to a lot of people who sold off their stockpiles of pyrite ore after this interview with Chilton went public. It's possible the GM is right and the community just hasn't been officially informed of it, but it is also possible the GM was just misinformed. Either way we should know tomorrow.
gratz on MVP
gratz on MVP

Thank you =)

While I reported this for a sticky, given the short time period for which it is applicable it probably does not make sense for it to actually be stickied. As a result, I am doing my part to bump this thread during the one-week transition period between Patch 4.3 and the start of Season 11 on December 6th.

Also: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3992149

Happy gaming,

Boz

Q: What new gear will be available for honor and when?

A: When Season 10 ends the existing ilvl 384 Ruthless gear will become available for honor points for one week. When Season 11 begins a week later new ilvl 390 gear will become available for honor replacing the 384 gear on the vendors.

This may seem a bit confusing, but the purpose of the 384 gear being available during the down week is to provide players with a chance to spend their excess honor over the 4,000 point cap on gear instead of having it convert to gold. If you simply want to farm better gear wait until Season 11 starts.

Thank you for the FAQ. I just came back in July and remember there was an issue with patch 4.2 and Honor points where they refuned all back to my cousin. Wasn't quite sure when I should be spending my HPs but now I know.
While I reported this for a sticky, given the short time period for which it is applicable it probably does not make sense for it to actually be stickied. As a result, I am doing my part to bump this thread during the one-week transition period between Patch 4.3 and the start of Season 11 on December 6th.

I didn't request a sticky on it for that same reason, the information is of a very transient use. But thank you for the consideration =)

Thank you for the FAQ. I just came back in July and remember there was an issue with patch 4.2 and Honor points where they refuned all back to my cousin. Wasn't quite sure when I should be spending my HPs but now I know.

You are welcome! I am glad you found it helpful =)

Eldacar this is one of the most informative & comprehensive threads I have seen... usually it's like an easter egg hunt finding all of the info so TY!

OK about the new gems I read somewhere that alchemists will be able to transmute lesser gems into the new epic gems. Can you confirm or deny this?
Eldacar this is one of the most informative & comprehensive threads I have seen... usually it's like an easter egg hunt finding all of the info so TY!

OK about the new gems I read somewhere that alchemists will be able to transmute lesser gems into the new epic gems. Can you confirm or deny this?

I can neither confirm nor deny, as I said in a previous reply my info is from the interview with tom chilton, I haven't seen any official info about it released other than that.

The information I have is from the Eurogamer interview with Tom Chilton which you can find here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-19-killing-deathwing-in-wow-patch-4-3-interview?page=2

Tom Chilton: There certainly are quite a few new profession recipes. We also introduce the epic gems in this patch, and they'll be available only through the normal and heroic difficulty of the Deathwing raids.

We will find out soon enough though.
Are Ruthless trinkets, rings and neck being ''upgraded" on the 6th, or are those staying the same like the ruthless weapons?
I can't quite figure out if it makes sense to buy Ruthless weapons for my non-arena chars now or not. Will there be better weapons available for honor points next week or no?
11/29/2011 12:44 PMPosted by Podkayne
I can't quite figure out if it makes sense to buy Ruthless weapons for my non-arena chars now or not. Will there be better weapons available for honor points next week or no?

From what I understand....Ruthless Weapons you can buy for honor now, will remain the same next week. The only other better weapons will be the conquest point weapons.
thanks for the weapon clarity, sounds like now is the time to buy them for honor!
Are Ruthless trinkets, rings and neck being ''upgraded" on the 6th, or are those staying the same like the ruthless weapons?

Hrm I thought I posted a response to this but i guess it didnt go through. Anyways nothing is being "upgraded" what I mean is the stats on the items you all ready have will not change, there are new higher ilvl versions of the items being made available for purchase, but you need to buy them to get them. Everything but the weapons is being replaced with an ilvl 390 version and that does include the trinkets rings, and necks.

You should be safe to buy a 378 weapon for honor right now, there should not be new higher ilvl versions of the weapons made available for honor next week (or at all). It is just the armor that is being replaced by new higher ilvl versions.

Thanks for the answers!
Eldacar,

Great post very informative. Should be stickied, imo.
11/29/2011 03:26 PMPosted by Podkayne
Thanks for the answers!

You are welcome!

Eldacar,

Great post very informative. Should be stickied, imo.

Let's just keep it bumped for the rest of the week, after that it loses it's usefulness =)

11/29/2011 03:08 PMPosted by Eldacar
Hrm I thought I posted a response to this but i guess it didnt go through. Anyways nothing is being "upgraded" what I mean is the stats on the items you all ready have will not change, there are new higher ilvl versions of the items being made available for purchase, but you need to buy them to get them. Everything but the weapons is being replaced with an ilvl 390 version and that does include the trinkets rings, and necks.

Still a bit confused, you state the stats will not change but the item levels will, is that correct? So if one had a toon with next to no gear they could gear him in Ruthless this week and come next Tuesday, the best items rewarded from honor points will have the same stats?

I really don't want to spend time getting gear that will be replaced in a week and a few friends mentioned they did that during the end/start of last Arena season. Sorry if I'm just not getting it, but don't have a lot of time so I want to use it well. Thanks much.

Still a bit confused, you state the stats will not change but the item levels will, is that correct? So if one had a toon with next to no gear they could gear him in Ruthless this week and come next Tuesday, the best items rewarded from honor points will have the same stats?

I really don't want to spend time getting gear that will be replaced in a week and a few friends mentioned they did that during the end/start of last Arena season. Sorry if I'm just not getting it, but don't have a lot of time so I want to use it well. Thanks much.

No, the current ilvl 384 ruthless gear is not changing in any way, what is happening is it is being removed from the vendors when season 11 starts, and new ilvl 390 gear will be made available for honor. Any gear you currently have will not change, if you want the upgrade you need to buy the new gear next week.

If you are looking to get a full set of new gear just wait until next week to start buying it.
Ok, so it's kind of pointless for someone to work on gear now(ilvl 384 gear) as better gear will be available for the same honor prices next week(ilvl 390 gear).

Except for the weapons, correct?