4.3 Raid Finder Loot Rules

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 20 Next
The number of Rogues QQ'ing because they can no longer auto-beat Bears is hilarious.
11/23/2011 04:40 PMPosted by Arielle
The number of Rogues QQ'ing because they can no longer auto-beat Bears is hilarious.

Should tell them they don't really get 100+ on their gear because they're getting Legendaries.

That'd really ruffle some feathers. I'd have to break out the popcorn. :)

v Either playing along or right on cue.
11/23/2011 01:50 PMPosted by Moghidien
It's going to suck to be a rogue or kitty druid in the raid finder.

Yea, that sucks we get to lose our gear to bears. >.<

edit: (I have a kitty and a rogue) I think it's kinda unfair because if we run LFR instead of with guild we can lose the same gear every time; in a guild you can let your bear have the item first then you get it next. The only tanks I every get on my rogue and kitty are bears :< ...I like this change to loot rolls; but since the gear has the same stats (there is not tank specific leather gear like there is plate) we should all get to roll w/out the +100 bonus.

I understand this is to avoid 'ninjas'...but how is my rogue or kitty being a ninja on gear that I can use for my main spec? I hope I am reading the rules wrong beacuse that sucks.

edit again for bad English >.<
I love how this system won't at all address the problem of needing for your offspec unless your os is a plate tank spec(some specific exceptions apply) as the enhance shaman rolling on elemental gear(that will also be flagged as healing gear) will get a need+ along with the resto/ele shaman rolling ms. Or perhaps a better example would be the case where feral druids ARE screwed, when the boomkin wins the agi leather cause it's flagged as DPS.

What exactly is the point of this system? It isn't broad enough to be worth implementing as it is. It doesn't matter if "it will be fixed in MoP" as it's being released in 4.3(and btw, expect this to last 6 months minimum)
I thought this stuff was sort of obvious.

But thanks for at least reassuring us, bashiok.
11/23/2011 04:53 PMPosted by Gnoblish
wow, built in ninja system for druid tanks, since cat/rogue will ALWAYS lose on agility anything to a druid tank

Sometimes I'm baffled by the lack of intelligence of people.

Previous System:
Agi Jewelery Drops!
Rogue rolls Need+
Bear can't roll Need+, and is forced to roll Need.
Rogue automatically wins.

Result: Bear will never get any gear for 1/3 of their slots because they will 100% of the time automatically lose them to Agi DPS. All Bears roll Cat for LFR so they can get tanking loot. Tank shortage in LFR occurs because one class is completely non-existant. DPS Qs go up. DPS QQ ensues about queue times, etc. etc.

Now:
Agi Jewlery Drops!
Rogue rolls Need+
Bear rolls Need+
Both have equal chance of winning!

Result: Bears no longer screwed, and Agi DPS may have one extra person to roll against only some of the time. Many Cats roll Bear for LFR to decrease their Q times. Tank shortage in LFR does not occur, and DPS Qs go down.

I don't get how that is hard to understand.
wow, built in ninja system for druid tanks, since cat/rogue will ALWAYS lose on agility anything to a druid tank

way to screw people over blizz GG...............

Fail system is fail....................

Reading is hard rogues,cats, and bears all get the same bonus.
11/23/2011 04:58 PMPosted by Arielle

BUT IT DOESN'T SPECIFICALLY SAY THAT AGI DPS CAN ROLL ON THEIR GEAR.

Caps lock for emphasis?

People need to read the rest of the thred[sic]. No you will not have less of a chance. Bear Druids, Cat Druids, Rogues, Monk tanks, and Monk dps all have the same chance at the same gear. No one has priority over the other.

That's not how it's worded by Bashiok, he said that Bear druids would have a +100 need roll on:

"Agility Leather" & "Trinkets with Agility"

And melee dps will have +100 need to:

"Mostly everything that doesn’t have a tank stat on it" & "Trinkets that trigger on damaging melee hits"

There are no "tank" specific stats on leather gear.

Nowhere does he state in this clarification whether or not all druid tanks, druid melee dps, monk tanks, monk melee dps and rogues will have the same +100 roll on need to items for their class.

That's what I want clarification on. Wanting Clarification is not "QQ"ing.

Playing 2 of the 3 (and with mop, 3 of the 3) classes, means this affects me a lot when it comes to using LFR.

Whether or not someone who had an experience on the PTR states they have more/less chance is not clarification from someone who relays said information for the game company they work for - a ptr player is a ptr player - not someone who works for the company, whether or not they've placed any/all of these changes on the ptr when said player was on it is debatable.

way to screw people over blizz GG...............

Fail system is fail....................

Reading is hard rogues,cats, and bears all get the same bonus.
I don't understand how these people can read the post and then pull things out of left field (Bears ALWAYS winning agil leather).
Will you be preventing people from needing on items they already have? Based on what I saw on the PTR everyone needs on anything they can need.
Lucrezia, if you honestly believe you will not get 100+ roll on your OWN gear, then I don't know what to tell you.

You should be more worried about idiot plate tanks that can roll 100+ on your Agi accessories because of Bears. :)
11/23/2011 04:58 PMPosted by Arielle

Sometimes I'm baffled by the lack of intelligence of people.

Previous System:
Agi Jewelery Drops!
Rogue rolls Need+
Bear can't roll Need+, and is forced to roll Need.
Rogue automatically wins.

Result: Bear will never get any gear for 1/3 of their slots because they will 100% of the time automatically lose them to Agi DPS. All Bears roll Cat for LFR so they can get tanking loot. Tank shortage in LFR occurs because one class is completely non-existant. DPS Qs go up. DPS QQ ensues about queue times, etc. etc.

Now:
Agi Jewlery Drops!
Rogue rolls Need+
Bear rolls Need+
Both have equal chance of winning!

Result: Bears no longer screwed, and Agi DPS may have one extra person to roll against only some of the time. Many Cats roll Bear for LFR to decrease their Q times. Tank shortage in LFR does not occur, and DPS Qs go down.

Thank's for explaining that. Makes so much sense now where all agility users get +100 to a roll.
Lucrezia, if you honestly believe you will not get 100+ roll on your OWN gear, then I don't know what to tell you.

You should be more worried about idiot plate tanks that can roll 100+ on your Agi accessories because of Bears. :)

Jokes on them, we'll be stealing strength rings from plate tanks at the same time we're taking agility leather from Rogues. We won't even wear it, we're just here to ruin their day.

People need to read the rest of the thred[sic]. No you will not have less of a chance. Bear Druids, Cat Druids, Rogues, Monk tanks, and Monk dps all have the same chance at the same gear. No one has priority over the other.

That's not how it's worded by Bashiok, he said that Bear druids would have a +100 need roll on:

"Agility Leather" & "Trinkets with Agility"

And melee dps will have +100 need to:

"Mostly everything that doesn’t have a tank stat on it" & "Trinkets that trigger on damaging melee hits"

There are no "tank" specific stats on leather gear.

Nowhere does he state in this clarification whether or not all druid tanks, druid melee dps, monk tanks, monk melee dps and rogues will have the same +100 roll on need to items for their class.

That's what I want clarification on. Wanting Clarification is not "QQ"ing.

Playing 2 of the 3 (and with mop, 3 of the 3) classes, means this affects me a lot when it comes to using LFR.

Whether or not someone who had an experience on the PTR states they have more/less chance is not clarification from someone who relays said information for the game company they work for - a ptr player is a ptr player - not someone who works for the company, whether or not they've placed any/all of these changes on the ptr when said player was on it is debatable.
Do you honestly think Blizzard would create a situation where a Bear tank would always win the gear over a cat/rogue?

Dps get the same bonus roll when rolling on dps gear.

DPS:
Mostly everything that doesn’t have a tank stat on it

Trinkets that trigger on damaging spells/melee hits

The thing is, I don't know - at all. There is no clarification on the matter from someone who works for the company. One word could clear this whole matter up: Yes or No

I am bothered by plate people being able to roll on agi stuff, just like they're worried about the fact that idiot rogues can still need on strength accessories. But I've been annoyed and bothered by that since they implemented the LFD tool, as it happened a LOT less often on server-based dungeon pugs in BC/beginning wotlk than it did using LFD.

Edited to add:
Do you honestly think Blizzard would create a situation where a Bear tank would always win the gear over a cat/rogue?

Dps get the same bonus roll when rolling on dps gear.

DPS:

Well that's the thing, there are no tank specific stats for bears on leather. There is no definition between a bear and a cat when it comes to LFR, as was stated by the OP. So it's not really a question of the bear winning over the rogue and cat, but whether the cat/bear would win over the rogue outright on agi leather because LFR is blind to cat/bear differences - or are all 3 equal in rolling.

Playing both classes/specs (A bear and a rogue) means I'm doubly interested in the outcome. I want LFR to be useful to me for both my bear and my rogue as I don't normally have time to do guild raids or server based pugs.
If you're in a raid as one of the below roles here is what you'll receive a roll bonus on:

Tank:

Agility Leather (for druids)

Strength plate with tank stats on it

Trinkets with tank stats

Trinkets with Agility (for druids)

How hard is it for you to read, druid tank, will ALWAYS win the agility leather, pants/shoulder/ what ever

and any agility trinket.......

it is a built in ninja for druid tanks, the blue post explains this, but maybe reading it was to hard for you, it never talked about jewelry, way to pull made up info out of your !@# and try to say someone is wrong, talk about the post, not your invented ideas

What sort of leather falls into the above categories, but not the following ones?:

DPS:

Spirit gear (for elemental shaman, shadow priest, and moonkin)