4.3 Battleground Conquest Rewards

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next
Wow... taking the gear gaps out of random bgs.
11/17/2011 02:46 PMPosted by Racthoh
Wow... taking the gear gaps out of random bgs.

another valid point!!

On a side note. Lets award the same amount of endless Valor points for random PVE instances we do for PVP?
Best change in years as far as I'm concerned, never liked Arena's and mostly a solo player who loves PVP :) It should be about skill and not gear for PVP.
If gear's the only reason for you to do RBG or Arenas you should quit - just because you have some superiority complex and belong to a minority doesn't mean you should ruin game play for the majority.

Arena / RBGs should be done to test your skill, get the exclusive rewards - be generally awesome. If you're doing it solely for gear no one cares.

I think it's great I have an incentive along with everyone else to win random bgs now - to feel that they don't suck anymore.

You're also doing RBGs / Arena for rating and increased cap - so nothing changes, just faster gear / more skill needed.

Wow, did you not read the part that I play for group competition and I don't care about bads having gear? Learn to read. Superiority complex lol? More like you have an inferiority complex because you're insecure of what you can't do.
11/17/2011 02:48 PMPosted by Banned
Best change in years as far as I'm concerned, never liked Arena's and mostly a solo player who loves PVP :) It should be about skill and not gear for PVP.

You are forgetting you can get pvp gear with random bg's - the High End Ruthless gear should be EARNED not given out because you were present in a bg - botting 1 - real pvp'ers 0
11/17/2011 12:52 PMPosted by Bloodlover
This is awesome, Some life will be brought back to battlegounds.

Some life back into battlegrounds? I think you meant to say bots.
11/17/2011 02:53 PMPosted by Heywoods
This is awesome, Some life will be brought back to battlegounds.

Some life back into battlegrounds? I think you meant to say bots.

BHHAAAAAA - LIFE IN BG'S - I believe he means the Botting kind!!
Good stuff.
What if you can fish up the Firelands tier set rather easily out of Booty Bay?

People would go fishing and raid attendance would plummet. "I guess they didn't like raiding then if they were only in it for the loot."

See what I'm sayin'? If you kill the incentive for doing anything organized, the lazy playerbase will take the easiest path to the detriment of the overall game.

that's an awfull analogy, try again, maybe you will get it next time, or not because im right about what i am saying and raiders like to experience the content, upgrading the gear is an added factor.
Shouldn't "skilled" real pvp'ers want a fair fight to prove that skill, instead of a stat win with better gear? Beating up on players with lower gear proves nothing.

If you're actually skilled, you should be able to beat bad players or bots regardless of the gear they have.
11/17/2011 02:58 PMPosted by Röxy
that's an awfull analogy, try again, maybe you will get it next time, or not because im right about what i am saying and raiders like to experience the content, upgrading the gear is an added factor.

That's pretty delusional. Of course raiders like raiding for the content, but part of that is because of the gear. If you're going to come here and say that raiding wouldn't drop off, and the loads of lazy player wouldn't suddenly take advantage of fishing you're pretty crazy.
very nice change, now i can do more bgs and get something after cap my honor.
11/17/2011 02:51 PMPosted by Jooshbag

You are forgetting you can get pvp gear with random bg's - the High End Ruthless gear should be EARNED not given out because you were present in a bg - botting 1 - real pvp'ers 0

I share your concern about the botting.

However, "earning" the gear is still in place. Even capping out every week, if your cap is only 1650, it would take over a month just to buy the weapon. People are still going to have to do Arenas or RBG's to increase their caps.
What if you can fish up the Firelands tier set rather easily out of Booty Bay?

People would go fishing and raid attendance would plummet. "I guess they didn't like raiding then if they were only in it for the loot."

See what I'm sayin'? If you kill the incentive for doing anything organized, the lazy playerbase will take the easiest path to the detriment of the overall game.

You think raid activity would remain the same if you gave an easier alternative to acquiring raid gear?

Heh, yeah right.
Good change.
That's pretty delusional. Of course raiders like raiding for the content, but part of that is because of the gear. If you're going to come here and say that raiding wouldn't drop off, and the loads of lazy player wouldn't suddenly take advantage of fishing you're pretty crazy.

of course everyone would take advantage of fishing, to gear up and get into the raids and beat the content. Only people who don't raid wouldn't participate, and then, who cares for those? most raiders aren't in that category, just a few puggers, and then there is still the hardmode content/gear they would try. And i already said that the gear is an added factor..

The whinning comes from those baddies who feel they are superior for playing a few low rated arenas and like to overgear those who don't, you still have a reason to do rated matches and it comes from the fun of doing it and an extended cap if you are so obsesed with gearing.

And still the comparison with fishing is way off, you can't seriously try to defend it, is nowhere near the present circumstance. Try valor points maybe you'll get close, oh wait.
You think raid activity would remain the same if you gave an easier alternative to acquiring raid gear?

Heh, yeah right.

Why wouldn't it? some random puggers would opt not to do it, and most would gear and experience the content, and then start pugging for heroic mode. Do you know why i know this would happen? because it already does with dungeons and normal raid and new tiers.
Sweet, there will be more botters to kill, and more afkers...Wait that's not sweet. Maybe they should just do something about the bots and akfers, the real problem...
Sure, just give us better RBG gear then like hard mode pve gear, oh what your analogy sucked?
Love this change. I never cared for arena and simply did it to improve my gear as nobody does RBGs on my server.

It would be nice if like the dungeon finder we could do our 7 bonus runs at any time and then it would default to the lower conquest amount but maybe well see that in 5.0

THANKS!