Dalaran is dying

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next

The realm Dalaran is crashing. the progression rates for guilds are barely 6/7 for nerft firelands content. all of the top guilds are losing all their members. Dalaran is falling and a lot of it is because everyone thinks they're the best and doesn't want to let anyone lead them into victory. I've tried to form a guild on this realm for the past 4 months doing constant pugs and got very few players. none of which can capably do their role properly, many of the players willing to let a leader lead aren't very good. Not trying to judge, simply they don't pay attention standing in fire. running into Alysrazor's vortex etc. I can't stand this realm anymore.

Does anyone out there know a good realm to home this guild? I intend to do a lot of pvp and raids. all event times would be within 11pm-6am. I'm a hard worker and I'll do what I must to get a group going I want to create an awesome 25m late night group. the guild's level won't matter at all. I've already got the cauldron and feast recipes on my main.
Let's merge. You can keep the Dalaran name and I personally wouldn't mind a free name change on some of my toons.

Deal?

Blizzard doesn't think so. $25-55 to fix your issue that many others are also experiencing in low pop realms. Dalaran is just another name to add to the list of servers experiencing the same issues as yours.

I do admire that you're trying to survive in that server though.
I'm tired of it. It's been so hard to find good groups let alone make one and when you do they're all cocky one thing wrong and they bring it up like it's the end of the world. Or we have some groups that are "guild" only but can't even down rag on reg mode. This is nerft content and this realm is going nowhere. Instead of helping the issues with low/medium pop realms you say guild's can X-fer for 55$. yeah because that is soo useful. Stop trying to make more money off stuff. 60+% of the people playing wow can't afford much else or simply won't waste money on that !@#$. what makes you think they can afford to X-fer all their toons when their realm is dying.

I admit I x-fered one toon and that toon got 5/7HM on a new realm. will i x-fer another, hell no. Should i. yes. I won't simply because it's still a waste of money. 25$x5=125$. that's more than my electric bill and internet bill combined. Waste that on a game. Good luck. Rift even has free shard X-fers. where's your fight on that blizz?
Try to hang out for another quarter or two...

It won't take too many more quarters of 800,000 players leaving for Blizzard to be forced to merge servers simply because of the cost savings.
Blizzard is a company that's going to try to squeeze every penny in that they can, which is ridiculous in my opinion. They don't even care if the Guild x-fers sabotage 1,000 people on a realm.
doomhammer is dieing too......i dont even lag in the valley of honor in orgrimmar anymore /sniffle
Anvilmar is dying to, I remember when we had to wait 2 hours to login. Now we are a dying medium population server.

It won't take too many more quarters of 800,000 players leaving for Blizzard to be forced to merge servers simply because of the cost savings.

Realm mergers will be a logistical nightmare for blizz. The number of duplicate names is gaurenteed to be very high for not only players but some guilds. What decides what guild or player keeps the name and which one is forced to change it?

Many players find the name to be very important for them. Simply stripping it away from them would cause a lot of resentment.
11/23/2011 08:33 PMPosted by Aquyinnia
nerft

11/23/2011 11:23 PMPosted by Aquyinnia
nerft
guess what... Nesingwary has been dead. 45% of all guilds are getting up and transfering now. we are 6/7 heroic because of one guild on horde and one on ally. RP realms and PVP realms do better than us. Quit crying. your server is one of many
-
warcraftrealms.com says there are over 13k characters on dalaran.
I thought this was about the floating island dalaran and was about to say something like welcome to last expansion.

I convinced a friend to move from gundrak rather than me roll toons there because of how quiet it is.

As for the logistical nightmares ..... Make EVERYONE change their name if it's duplicate. First back in first served. You could complain ... But at least you were given a free server transfer.
Dalaran is not a dead server. It is just hard to get a group of people to commit to do anything.
Merging servers would cause blizz to lose MORE players than not merging them.

It's a fact that only a small population of players use the forums. It's also been stated by blues that players who are fine with the way things are don't usually post on the forums, which is why there seems to be such negativity in the forums.

It stands to reason then, that most players who play on low population servers are fine with the way things are. I'm one of them. I, and most of the people I know who play on my small server, are quite happy with our server being so small. If you don't like it, rolling a new toon somewhere else is free.
I keep hearing this argument and it really holds no wieght at all. You can already run into people with your name in battlegrounds. All they need todo is add realm tags to our names, so we always know where we came from. I'm pretty sure there is more than one Jon Smith in the world, there can be more than one Blueroots on a server. But nm that, pay your 25$ per toon and move to a high pop realm like a good little customer.
11/23/2011 08:33 PMPosted by Aquyinnia
. all event times would be within 11pm-6am.

This is your problem. Dalaran is a east coast server. Most of the players on it are on the east coast. Between those hours is the worst time to try and do any content on this server.

Realm mergers will be a logistical nightmare for blizz. The number of duplicate names is gaurenteed to be very high for not only players but some guilds. What decides what guild or player keeps the name and which one is forced to change it?

Many players find the name to be very important for them. Simply stripping it away from them would cause a lot of resentment.

Simple. Whichever guild / character was created first.