Level 60 gear not useable for transmog!!!!!

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
11/29/2011 05:33 PMPosted by Fennec
WHAT? So my toons from this account, which didn't exist in vanilla are not aloud to transmog items that they EARNED and already OWN? Where in gods name does this come from? Why in all that is holy(Priests and pallys that is) did this type of restriction even come to pass?!

You might have earned the right to wear level 60 gear. You didn't earn the right to call yourself a High Warlord and so you shouldn't have the right to look like one at Level 85. It's bad enough that you "earned" your staff in a few minutes of TB or a few games of WSG.

Erm, Bull. I earned the items i want to use, i did so at sub 65(toon I'm worried about is lvl 72), I shouldn't be penalized and disallowed to use a piece of gear I EARNED. Period.
11/29/2011 05:34 PMPosted by Yeria
It doesn't work when that "purely cosmetic" was the entire bloody point of transmogrification in the first place

By "purely cosmetic" I meant "not very important." Or even, "not at all important." Or, perhaps, "completely trivial and definitely not worth getting your knickers in a twist about, that's for sure."

It works both ways; if it's not important that it be available for transmog, it's not important that it's not.

Wow, hats off to "Knight-Champion" Juntores.
Nice to see our 'champions standing up for us :-)

What do you have to say to that Blizzard?
I don't understand it. This does not make any more sense than it would to restrict a tier of raid gear if you had not killed the boss while that was the top tier… which was just as "relentlessly difficult" to use Blizzspeak.
While my own transmogrification plans did not have anything to do with this set and I'm happily transmogrified, I do wish to say that this is the most meaningless attempt at giving veterans a status symbol. I find it baffling that you do this and yet hypocritically you do nothing to stop the hundreds of thousands of players mogging into old raid gear, which arguably was a far fairer (not perfect) measure of skill than mindlessly grinding BGs. It seems that every patch releas in cata so far has been designed to piss people off.

4.1: no Firelands
4.2: 371 pvp debacle (Blizz even conceded that it had messed up big time)
4.3: stupidly arbritrary transmogrification restrictions despite the fact that the gear in question meets absolutely none of the criteria for barring in Blizzard's own rulebook
By this logic, no one has the right to wear tier 1 and 2 if they acquired it post BC launch.

When are you going to implement that restriction, Blizzard? I worked hard for my tier sets (before I vendored them) and I don't appreciate this BC-Cata kiddies coming in and being able to wear what I worked SO HARD for.

Must have been truly hard to do that at level 2.

Grats on job well done!!

My pally specifically saved/spent HP for that gear too...if I'm understanding what the Blue said correctly, this is being looked into and I'm guessing soon we will indeed be able to Tmog that set...if not I will be one unhappy panda.

I indeed used that gear from levels 60-hi 60's, it was best pvp gear available.

(pun intended!)

No, you won't. What's coming soon, in a future patch... is renaming the moggable gear to "Replicas".
I don't see how this is new. Blizz has a history of cattering to the few, it's just normally mostly in PvE stuff.
While I don't have much of an opinion on the issue, I want to add (if it hasn't been added already), that at first, those items were transmoggable on the PTR, and when that changed, people submitted numerous reports and posted threads on the PTR Bug Report forum, and nobody bothered to respond and tell them about the reason for the change, even if it was determined about ..more than a month ago. This reeks of bad communication, it wasn't something that "had to be investigated today".
I don't know, I always thought highly of wow and a big comeback and stuff.
Then the trailer, then the fact you need the FoS for the lvl 60 pvp stuff?
What about all the dungeon and t sets? Most toons didn't achieve them, they only bought it cheap...
This restriction is stupid, and that's coming from a someone who's been playing since 1.6.

You're taking some of the best looking sets in the game and restricting them to what might amount to 1% of the playerbase today? Talk about asinine.

I understand respecting those who achieved that rank back in the day, but if that was really your concern, you should never have cheapened the titles by tying them in with rated battlegrounds.

I'm set as i could transmog my weapons / gear with GM gear with my commander title from the new vendor, despite the fact i should just be limited to the rare armour if you want to go by the old titles

BUT this is one of the few sets of armour where everyone who wants to wear it is a good thing, it's a faction based class uniform, instills some faction pride and as such should be made available to those who want to represent their faction in this way
Lies by omission are still lies.

Blizzard, for all intents and purposes, lied to the player base about what would make items unusable for Transmog.

They could have answered the questions posted on the PTR about this but instead decided to ignore the issue. Then they posted a response and ran from the forum like children caught breaking a vase.

Lies and lack of communication...what a great way to stop that nasty bleeding of sub numbers. I mean, let's face it, good customer service and consistent rules and policy would just make the player base absolutely furious, wouldn't it?
11/29/2011 05:33 PMPosted by Fennec
You might have earned the right to wear level 60 gear. You didn't earn the right to call yourself a High Warlord and so you shouldn't have the right to look like one at Level 85.

That's actually wrong. You see, you CAN wear the level 60 gear, its just level 60 gear. Also, those who are high warlords have the title to say they are, you don't need the gear to have the title. The title was what the original grind was for, the gear was just a bonus (as most grind groups were full raid geared anyway, and smashed all the randoms they faced).
Not here to complain, but just for someone else to perhaps explain to me:

So if I bought the Field Marshal's Raiment set with Honor Points back when Transmog was first announced, and set up my outfit for when Transmog went live, I can't actually use them? (That would match what's going on in-game for me, with the red error text saying they're not eligible)

Will I be able to take these items to the vendor you're mentioning and trade them in for ones that I CAN use for Transmog? Or will I have to vendor these, and re-BUY the same "replica" ones, once they're available?

Thanks for any info!
11/29/2011 05:38 PMPosted by Mescalto
It doesn't work when that "purely cosmetic" was the entire bloody point of transmogrification in the first place

By "purely cosmetic" I meant "not very important." Or even, "not at all important." Or, perhaps, "completely trivial and definitely not worth getting your knickers in a twist about, that's for sure."

It works both ways; if it's not important that it be available for transmog, it's not important that it's not.

So there was no point in going out of their way to restrict it.
Feats of strength weren't supposed to have an impact on any part of the game in any way. They were a little something for you to recognise what you had done in the past that may not be possible to do today and were to be nothing more than that.

This goes against this and to restrict players from using an item for this new fun "feature" because they didn't achieve it under a broken system in a broken game, and from the beginning of this game is ridiculous. This was a poorly chosen move and I hope you reconsider. Many of the players that had actually earned the gear are likely gone, or have moved to a new main created after the removed it, and the ones that still play on those characters will be few in number.

To be honest it just seems like this is a special snowflake system for them. The sad part is that it's only those pieces of gear. Why not restrict us from using T2 if we didn't earn it when it was relevant content? This is just a pile of crap that shouldn't have even been considered in the first place.
My hats off to those who qualify for the gear transmog but still think it's a stupid limitation.
11/29/2011 05:40 PMPosted by Deltheen
BUT this is one of the few sets of armour where everyone who wants to wear it is a good thing, it's a faction based class uniform, instills some faction pride and as such should be made available to those who want to represent their faction in this way

Exactly! I want my HWL Shield wall and GM Aegis for the purpose of Faction pride.