Level 60 gear not useable for transmog!!!!!

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next
11/29/2011 05:38 PMPosted by Hexxüs
No offense, but you need to get over it.

By "purely cosmetic" I meant "not very important." Or even, "not at all important." Or, perhaps, "completely trivial and definitely not worth getting your knickers in a twist about, that's for sure."

It works both ways; if it's not important that it be available for transmog, it's not important that it's not.

Just because you lot couldn't care less about this new tool, or the items involved, doesn't mean our gripes are any less important. Many of us were very excited for this. This rule comes out of nowhere, is only communicated to the players after over a month of reports, applies only to these popular items in an absolutely bizarre effort to preserve the "prestige" of a system that they have downplayed themselves... We're miffed. Just because you're not doesn't mean we shouldn't be.
So we can purchase or acquire armor, but we can't transmogrify it?

What kind of insanity is that? This is total fail,

How sad, first Panda's, then a krappy token for the 7th Anniversary instead of a cool pet or something, now they give us transmogrify, let us buy armor, and then say we can't transmogrify it.

Blizzard is losing their minds, and if not careful their customers.

Pandas? who the h wants to play a Panda?
11/29/2011 05:42 PMPosted by Pun
You might have earned the right to wear level 60 gear. You didn't earn the right to call yourself a High Warlord and so you shouldn't have the right to look like one at Level 85.

That's actually wrong. You see, you CAN wear the level 60 gear, its just level 60 gear. Also, those who are high warlords have the title to say they are, you don't need the gear to have the title. The title was what the original grind was for, the gear was just a bonus (as most grind groups were full raid geared anyway, and smashed all the randoms they faced).

You have a point. My brother and I have been playing since classic and all he did the BGs for was the title. Why let them exclusively have the gear, when most only did it for the titles...which they still have.
The only reason I was looking forward to Transmorging was so my shaman could wear the blue 60 PvP gear again.

This sucks so much.
11/29/2011 04:22 PMPosted by Bashiok
The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

This design is flawed and is a giant slap in the face to those who actually farmed honor to transmog the gear.

If this was known since the announcement of transmogging gear, why was it not announced prior to the release of 4.3?
Blizzard: "We want players to have faction pride!"

*Patch 4.3 release, only a handful of people can transmog faction armor*

...huh?

Not being able to use the gear isn't what has me mad. It's the fact that this "bug" was reported for weeks on end, and not ONE word was said about it. Sort of how they screwed all the PvPers over when 4.2 launched.

I'm not really surprised, though. I don't really expect much out of this company anymore.

Agreed.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3196342583

Where is the rule?

Oh right. Not. there.

Way to lie to us guys.
yeah found that out when it went live.

I was going with the Shadesteel/Revenant (the level 40's greens) as my transmog set.

It's the only truly purple set in the game other than the Judgement recolor. Unfortunately the shoulders and helm of the "set" don't actually match it and look horrendous.

it completely broke my transmog set since it there are no other purple plate helms or shoulders outside of the Judgement recolor. And unfortunately it is a shade of purple that doesn't match the Revenant/Shadesteel pieces :(

Pretty much hosed any desire for me to transmog on this character now.
Someone did their warrior in T2 gear. Why? it was ugly back then... T2 You nuts?
Blizzard: "We want players to have faction pride!"

*Patch 4.3 release, only a handful of people can transmog faction armor*

...huh?

Lol i know right?

Its all a bunch of contradictory crap.
So we can purchase or acquire armor, but we can't transmogrify it?

What kind of insanity is that? This is total fail,

How sad, first Panda's, then a krappy token for the 7th Anniversary instead of a cool pet or something, now they give us transmogrify, let us buy armor, and then say we can't transmogrify it.

Blizzard is losing their minds, and if not careful their customers.

Pandas? who the h wants to play a Panda?

I have to agree with this. I don't know why I am so angry about it, but I am. This is NOT NOT NOT the time for them to be ticking off customers. I have not been this irritted about being denied gear since I ORIGINALLY grinded out all the badges and honor for the lvl 70 ilvl 115 PvP set, only to have it removed and unattainable from the game right after WotLK... or the Naxx move or whtatever 3 years later and I am STILL angry about it actually.
Yeah, Blizzard, this is bad form. It's pointless to restrict transmog gear--seemingly at random--for some gear and not others (within reason, not the fish and frying pans here).

So no level 60 pvp gear, unless you grinded back then, but yet I can wear my T1 armor I recently got by soloing Molten Core? A raid that 40 players per week would have to grind to get?

Pointless, arbitrary, and dumb. Not winning points here, guys.
I didn't see this restriction listed anywhere before release. (I may have missed it) But if this was not listed, then its pretty bad business to big up a feature or any product and then say "oh wait..." after its been released. They will have to change this, if they didn't mention it before and then next time they will think before they act.

People spend too much money and time on this game for Blizzard to drop the ball on this feature. I know some people think its stupid to complain, but you don't know how many people subscribed further or did the year subscription on the basis of this feature or any of the features. So to assume that something small in the patch is meaningless to consumers is pretty careless.
Let's see how many other gear sets are restricted in this retarded manner:
Tiers...: nope, each and every pve raid tier gear is moggable, let's move onto pvp
Arena seasons 1-10: nope, all moggable.

Blizzard, might I suggest you find the moron that implemented this BS him and throw him out of your building? And to Bashiok and the other community managers: I'm so sorry that you have to put up with the flak that some idiot in your company made (I'm not being sarcastic, I really feel for you as I've worked in Customer Service for less than intelligent companies)
They should have at least given us fair warning, the blow up would have been the same but some warning ahead of time would have been nice, I really did have my heart set in this gear set.
11/29/2011 05:49 PMPosted by Warscar
Someone did their warrior in T2 gear. Why? it was ugly back then... T2 You nuts?

I was thinking of getting the Warrior T1 recolor (bc set) to transmog my heal set to. Its free and, well, I thought healing in warrior tanking gear would be fun.
Wow, and here I thought that it was just some sort of weird glitch preventing me from transmogrifying my tank set to the level 60 PVP gear, but now I see that it was done ON PURPOSE? Are you kidding me, Blizzard?!? I find it especially galling since I HAVE a Feat of Strength PVP title, but not one of the ones that they deem worthy of being able to transmogrify the armor set that I own but can't transmogrify.

Between this and the massive crap you're taking all over the Alliance base with Theramore and pretty much the entirety of Cataclysm, remind me again why I'm paying a subscription fee?
The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

In a future patch the items sold by the Area 52 vendors will also be renamed ‘Replica of’ to be more consistent with the items sold by the Darkmoon Faire – they’re currently exact duplicates of the original items that allow transmogrification, which is obviously a bit confusing.

In essence, the design intent was recognizing that the L60 PvP sets are popular so, they will force you to grind Darkmoon Faire dailies in the future to acquire it... all in the name of giving us "content".