Level 60 gear not useable for transmog!!!!!

General Discussion
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
So I made a Stormwind set of blue and gold only to find out that the Stormwind weapons and shield are completely off-limits to me? What an enormous letdown! No Thunderfury, no classic PvP stuff, and I can't transmogrify any of my classic, BC, or half the LK 'main hand' weapons I own since every tank weapon in Cataclysm is 'one hand' because of Death Knights. I'm running out of options here!
Tiers...: nope, each and every pve raid tier gear is moggable, let's move onto pvp
Arena seasons 1-10: nope, all moggable.

Looking at their "reasoning" though, are any of the tier or arena sets tied to a feat of strength?
This is bull!@#$!

I was going to xmog this for my Paladin: Grand Marshal's Claymore

Now? Now I am going to have to xmog to a lightsaber.

That's right! A LIGHTSABER!!!!!!!!!

So glad I didn't fall for the annual pass......
The items out in the world (Marshals, Grand Marshal’s, High Warlord, etc) that use the level 60 PvP art are un-transmogrifiable (including the item level 115 stuff that shares the name from Burning Crusade).

In Area 52 a set of vendors has replaced the PvP Vendors who used to live there. Grex Brainboiler, Krixel Pinchwhistle, Tini Smalls, Kezzik the Striker, Big Zokk Torquewrench, and Leeni “Smiley” Smalls. These vendors sell new, transmogrifiable versions of the classic armor to players who have the Feat of Strength for Legionnaire/Knight-Captain or higher under the old PvP system.

There was a bug with the Feat of Strength granting access to these items, but was hotfixed within the last couple of minutes. If you meet the criteria log out and back in and you should be able to access the vendor.

The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

In a future patch the items sold by the Area 52 vendors will also be renamed ‘Replica of’ to be more consistent with the items sold by the Darkmoon Faire – they’re currently exact duplicates of the original items that allow transmogrification, which is obviously a bit confusing.

Potentially related, since he’s in the same area, Kezzik the Striker sells inaccessible Season 1 Gladiator’s, Season 2 Merciless Gladiator’s, and Season 3 Vengeful Gladiator’s gear to all players, as the majority of that gear didn’t have restrictions.

This is complete utter BS. So because I didn't have the good fortune to play WoW back then I can't use the gear to turn my pally into a proper Blood Knight? Great way to piss off your customers blizz. You're basically ruining transmog for a lot of folks.
No effect.
11/29/2011 05:11 PMPosted by Jazzan
For all you people complaining, too bad. Clearly none of you have ANY idea just how difficult it was to get those titles in the beginning. I wasn't there myself, but my sister has her Grand Marshall title. And she pretty much spent 20 hours a day in front of her computer for a month. (yes, I thought it was a bit much myself). But since they aren't letting Legendary items be transmogged, I'm not remotely surprised they aren't letting the pvp weapons either.

I do, I was a Field Marshal who earned that title in blood, sweat, and tears.

And this is a horrible idea. They already stripped the mounts and titles from us as special, might as well let the gear go too.
Tiers...: nope, each and every pve raid tier gear is moggable, let's move onto pvp

Looking at their "reasoning" though, are any of the tier or arena sets tied to a feat of strength?

I would argue that killing any of the classic raid bosses (especially anything in naxx) would have been 10 times as prestigious as a pvp title of attrition. Do tiers 1-3 have restrictions? No.
Nice, S3 Priest is sexy.

I already had the pretend S3 Warlock shoulders, my hands seem to have disapeared but 750 won't take long.
11/29/2011 05:54 PMPosted by Charax
In essence, the design intent was recognizing that the L60 PvP sets are popular so, they will force you to grind Darkmoon Faire dailies in the future to acquire it... all in the name of giving us "content".

Misreading the post.

The patch isn't gonna give us new, accessible moggable Replicas.

Oh, no no.

It's just gonna re-name the items that we currently cannot use into Replicas.

And that's all.
I didn't see this restriction listed anywhere before release. (I may have missed it) But if this was not listed, then its pretty bad business to big up a feature or any product and then say "oh wait..." after its been released. They will have to change this, if they didn't mention it before and then next time they will think before they act.

People spend too much money and time on this game for Blizzard to drop the ball on this feature. I know some people think its stupid to complain, but you don't know how many people subscribed further or did the year subscription on the basis of this feature or any of the features. So to assume that something small in the patch is meaningless to consumers is pretty careless.

It wasn't announced prior, This is the list of transmog rules:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3196342583

Its pretty sad that they had to hide something so we had no way to have our input into the feature.

Let's see how many other gear sets are restricted in this retarded manner:

Blizzard, might I suggest you find the moron that implemented this BS him and throw him out of your building? And to Bashiok and the other community managers: I'm so sorry that you have to put up with the flak that some idiot in your company made (I'm not being sarcastic, I really feel for you as I've worked in Customer Service for less than intelligent companies)

I do feel bad for Bashiok and those other people that have just been the messenger but since Ghostcrawler Et al don't post anymore its not like we can complain to them. I'd like to know who's brilliant idea this way. I find it deplorable that they hid something from their player base after being asked DIRECTLY about it and i agree, Sorry to be aggressive towards the CMs because of some ones asinine design choice.
I can't have a Scarab Lord title on this toon, no matter how much I try. I can't have the SL weapons, I can't have the SL mount. Why not give me the SL title for killing some bugs in Silithus at 85? Why not give the mount a 100% drop chance off trash in AQ40? Why not implement a quest that gives me Dirge's Chops and the weapons?

And while we're at it, why can't I get a Spirit of Competition because I was in Iraq when you handed them out and didn't get one. And a competitor's tabard.

I also want to have an original armored bear. And a few original titles. After all, I too killed those bosses.

Sounds wrong, doesn't it? All of the above are purely cosmetic. The mount or titles don't confer an advantage in Cata, the recipe is long outdated, and the weapons are weaker than some blues you can get off bosses in 60-62 5-mans in Outland.

I am proud of my Legionnaire on this toon and my various 9-12 ranks on others. Since I am feral it makes no difference what I wear since no one ever sees it, but that's besides the point. What's at point is that if everyone gets to look like a HWL I'd like to look like a Scarab Lord and get my mount.
At least I can wear my T9, until it get's hotfixed away.
Pretty disappointing. I know my daughters spent a lot of time taking their lowbie alts through BG after BG to get the 60 pvp gear at level and were excited about using it for transmog.

This is something that really should be reconsidered, to be honest. It would be -entirely- different if the gear had been removed from the vendors and made non-accessible when the old system was phased out. But, you left this gear in and allowed people to continue buy it with honor long after transmogging was announced.

I can't even begin to see how you guys wouldn't consider the fact that many 85's were buying this stuff for just that reason?
Here's my guess: they were initially going to allow mogging of these PvP sets by everyone, but when they discovered it caused issues with the character recustomize system (Alliance --> Horde or vice versa), they pushed the patch live without fixing, disabled transmogging on them, and played it all off as a perk for PvP veterans.
So we can purchase or acquire armor, but we can't transmogrify it?

What kind of insanity is that? This is total fail,

How sad, first Panda's, then a krappy token for the 7th Anniversary instead of a cool pet or something, now they give us transmogrify, let us buy armor, and then say we can't transmogrify it.

Blizzard is losing their minds, and if not careful their customers.

Pandas? who the h wants to play a Panda?

Yup. Why even bother having the stupid legacy vendors. That gear is useless. The only useful thing they would have been for is transmog and now most people can't do that.
I can't have a Scarab Lord title on this toon, no matter how much I try. I can't have the SL weapons, I can't have the SL mount. Why not give me the SL title for killing some bugs in Silithus at 85? Why not give the mount a 100% drop chance off trash in AQ40? Why not implement a quest that gives me Dirge's Chops and the weapons?

And while we're at it, why can't I get a Spirit of Competition because I was in Iraq when you handed them out and didn't get one. And a competitor's tabard.

I also want to have an original armored bear. And a few original titles. After all, I too killed those bosses.

Sounds wrong, doesn't it? All of the above are purely cosmetic. The mount or titles don't confer an advantage in Cata, the recipe is long outdated, and the weapons are weaker than some blues you can get off bosses in 60-62 5-mans in Outland.

I am proud of my Legionnaire on this toon and my various 9-12 ranks on others. Since I am feral it makes no difference what I wear since no one ever sees it, but that's besides the point. What's at point is that if everyone gets to look like a HWL I'd like to look like a Scarab Lord and get my mount.
What sort of gear dictates a scarab lord? Or is it just a title and mount?
Sweet, I'm gonna go with the level 60 PvP gear for transmog until they put in the replica sets. Then I'll go back to being one of the billion Paladins using Judgement.

Now, what belt matches the set...
Wow I can't believe you guys lol... What the !@#$
I really don't want to be a "me too" but...

Yeah, this is ridiculous.