Home/ World Latency indicator not displaying

Mac Technical Support
Post Limit:
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
Seems to be a client issue, not a connection issue, so changing from wifi to ethernet won't make a difference. If it's any help I've tried this wirelessly, and through an ethernet at my home network then wirelessly on campus and at a coffee shop. Same results everywhere: 0/0. I also tried the connection at home using my pc desktop and had no latency issues. Just gotta sit tight and wait for the fix.

Level an alt maybe? 1-2s of lag won't kill you while questing at least... most of the time.
Just want to add that I'm having the same issue. Didn't have any problems prior to 4.3. I'm trying to run BG's and either lag out or freeze a few times a night. Can't start arena with this going on, and, yeah I'm getting more and more upset with each day that passes without a fix.

Would be nice if you all figured out a way to reimburse us for the time/money lost with this issue. Feel like I'm throwing money away. Not to mention the honor and conquest points lost,
and, the fact that I'm falling days behind in the grind for my gear.

Just to clarify here guys.

The latency indicators displaying as zero only means you can't figure out what your in game latency is.

It's a display issue and should not be effecting your actual latency.

If you find you are experiencing increased lag post 4.3 i don't think it has anything to do with world latency and home latency showing as zero.

I live in NZ so I well know what high latency feels to play with. I get 0 for both home and world yet have experienced the same perceived network lag as I always have.

Here to Help :)
Blu is correct on this. Just because the meter is showing zero, doesn't mean that itself is causing the issue.

If you think you are getting a latency issue of sorts, I would try the normal troubleshooting steps, to see if this helps: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2267487308

Most times latency issues can be caused by temp files, out of date/not fully optimized add-ons, and other various factors. This eliminates those as factors at least. If you still have issues, I would go ahead and post on a new thread for assistance. This thread is just a tracking thread specifically for the home/world showing up as 0/0.

Mac Tech Support for Baaaaahlizzard Entertainment || Sunday to Thursday 11:00 am - 8:00 pm CST
http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG ---- Rate my Baaaaalue Posts. How's this sheep doing?
The mechanical sheep with a heart of gold...
If at first you don't succeed... call it Version 1.0..
Hey, Tony!

While I appreciate your position, there definitely seems to be a correlation here between folks with a pronounced increase in latency and -- as I found when I checked the readout because of what I was experiencing -- a 0/0ms reading, which I had never seen before this phenomenon.

I definitely don't want to confuse this with causality, though. The incorrect latency readings seem to be merely an additional symptom of an underlying networking problem (as mentioned earlier in the thread), which also manifests itself as extreme lag.

While we don't have issues with other internet services (web, video, other games), all of us here experience this problem with WoW using the Mac client alone. Windows is unaffected, even on the same machine, and this is using Snow Leopard and Lion (haven't tried the Leopard machine -- does it even run there anymore?)

Most notable is the Darkmoon Faire daily quest/game where you fly and land in the circle in the water. 5-8 times out of 10 (literally, we went through 20 token each to complete it) the cannon fires, we hang in midair a few yards from it, and then fall to the ground. When we do actually make it to the target, aim is unreliable to say the least. I hope this helps illustrate. :)

And just to reiterate, this is on at least two separate Macs running different OS versions that are both having the same problem post-patch, where none existed previously.
12/08/2011 12:35 AMPosted by Toromei
I definitely don't want to confuse this with causality, though. The incorrect latency readings seem to be merely an additional symptom of an underlying networking problem (as mentioned earlier in the thread), which also manifests itself as extreme lag.

For that to be true then anyone and everyone seeing 0 as the home/world latency should also be having chronic lag problems in game.

I'm seeing 0 as home/world latency yet I don't feel lagged at all. Maybe I'll install Quartz later on tonight to test out what my latency is.

Here to Help :)
Im having the 0 latency issue aswell. I ran all the suggested steps in fixing my lag, but at this time nothing has fixed my lag issues. This is unacceptable to call it a graphical error when there is performance issues involved. After patch 4.3 i noticed the 0 latency and noticed myself lagging and sometimes it would be really severe or sometimes for just 2 sec. The more sever times lasted up to 15 - 20 seconds.

I really hope you guys can fix this because i can't even play with the game acting like this.

Thanks and please help figure this issue out!
Same problem here, I hope you guys can fix it.

I just changed to Nemesis server and the delay is bouncing a lot! And once I can't check my latency, this is driving me crazy!

iMac
Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4Gb 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB
Software: MAC OS X 10.7.2
WoW: V 4.3.0 (15050) (Release) Nov 30 2011 - Eng

Cheers
Why is it so hard to admit when theres a problem? I didn't have any issues at all previous to the patch. Now, I am dropping out of BG's, getting lag in various ways, sometimes in chat sometimes the whole game. Nothing on my system has changed at all. I also read a post that stated, that this issue with macs was known about in PTR yet the patch was released anyway.

So, Blu is wrong and there is an error in the game code or some such problem. Figure it out and stop being lazy. Do your job maybe? Getting tired of forking out money when all people wanna do is give excuses.

For the record I checked and rechecked my system and it's fine, as well as new. I'm not running any addons at all either because I'm sure there not all up to date yet, so, there is an issue with the game that was not there before, sorry. Week 2 no fix but plenty of smoke, typical.
As i explained earlier, it's likely you all got 4.3 lag from other things, bad mods, ISP issues, or maybe even you were lagging before the patch, but not very badly, and since the client no longer has any idea what your latency is, it's over compensating and making it worse (that theory is just a guess).

0/0 is not CAUSING the latency. just about every traceroute that was actually posted had some explanation to the problem. I only saw ONE report that didn't actually look like a direct ISP issue but rathor a possible mac or config issue. But that'd be hard to fix without hand on with the router to check out how it's shaping traffic to two diff machines or IPs.

4.3 coincided with the largest shopping week of the year. MANY ISPS are lagging right now more then usual, just spend 5 min on an ISP forum and you'll realize lag is widespread right now, inside and outside of games, because of usage saturation on the lines. Spend a few min running thorough line tests, check out some other forums for your isp on sites like dslreports.com/broadbandreports.com and check out your area.

When 4.3 launched i lagged too, but my thorough tests concluded it was without a doubt coincidence, it was an ISP issue (that still exists, i still lag a little bit during peak times, but it's just december traffic, no one shops offline anymore. heck i went into walmart and it was empty. why leave the house when you can just tie up and slow down the internet hitting up webshopping all day). 0/0 is purely cosmetic as far as I can tell.
Ya know, I'm not trying to be overly negative here. I realize there's a lot involved in all this. Maybe with the lag thing (to some degree) you have a point Omegal but, the fact is that these problems didn't occur pre-patch. Another thing I'd like to point out is, if it's an ISP thing, why do all these people who own macs experience the same problem? Why is that we are all reporting it after the patch? So far, I've seen the solution to the matter be everything but a Blizzard error.

I also pointed out that there is in fact a post that even says it was noticed in PTR and not addressed. As far as the 0/0 being cosmetic, maybe so, but there still remains an issue and it was NOT like that before.

I appreciate the time, work and effort you all put into this so Thanks, but at the same time I'm loosing my patience. I don't think all the people that own macs are wrong, given that everything was fine pre-patch. Theres an issue, you don't know what it is yet. Say, has there ever been a perfect patch that didn't need some tweaking? LOL Thanks again.
that's like going to a nissan dealership then wondering why all the cars are nissan's. This is a mac tech forum, that's why everyone is on a mac. Go over to the PC tech forums

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657433023

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657434588

I could go on, but you get the point. Those 2 are just from the first page alone. people claiming they didn't lag until 4.3, and their latency indicator isn't broken. So i say again, this is an ISP issue, not a mac client issue.
so when i log on , i get the laggy delay effect, i found that if i log out of wow and restart my mac then it works fine, but the minute i log out, i have to redo these steps. not sure if this will help anyone else but it does the trick. i admit it is a pain in the butt but it is working
12/08/2011 04:35 AMPosted by Bluspacecow

For that to be true then anyone and everyone seeing 0 as the home/world latency should also be having chronic lag problems in game.

I'm seeing 0 as home/world latency yet I don't feel lagged at all.

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. The worst effects only manifest themselves in instances (BGs, DMF, etc.) -- even old instances without other players in them! In Org, at peak times, only a slight lag is noticeable most of the time. In instances, it is constantly over a second or so, but occasionally it gets bad enough that I get disconnected.

For instance (har har), last night I was in Warsong Gulch and got disconnected, and it took 3 more failed attempts to log back in...which only worked after the game had kicked me from the battleground. In all cases, the latency reads as 0/0ms -- even when it is running relatively well in the world.

I hope this helps clarify what I said earlier.
Yeah, I agree with Vanns here. You have given us every possible (bad) explanation. Problem is, nothing you've stated even suggests that it could be a Blizz error. Are you all really that perfect? Mistake free? I guess thats why every other patch has been perfect too right? Never had to repair anything after the fact I'm sure.

I don't have a problem with there being an error. I have a problem with the denial that there is one (by Blizz) and your lack of ability to get to the bottom of it.

Not once in the years that I have paid for this game and services, has Blizz ever tried to make good when I am shelling out money and can't play because of some error. Stop telling me the problem is an ISP issue or the stars aren't aligned right or some such bull.

The PC forums don't pertain to me. Sorry if you all messed that up too. Might have to quit playing for a while and go fix something?

I don't think the negativity does you, Blizzard, or the community any good, Vanns and Netprophet. It certainly hasn't solved my latency issues. ;)

I don't think anyone is denying anything. Tony and company simply don't have all the answers, so it isn't reasonable for them to confirm anything in particular. They aren't coding the game themselves, they are just here to keep an eye on things and listen to the issues we are having.

The best thing we can do is continue to give them constructive feedback so Blizzard knows where they need to focus some of their resources.

I also disagree that there wasn't anything wrong before 4.3. Patch 4.0.3 brought with it noticeably higher latency between button presses and spells -- at least for me -- at ostensibly the same reported latency values. It was completely playable though, and I chalked it up to the new higher bandwidth usage by the client. This, however, is on a whole new level, and it really makes anything besides open world questing frustrating, and in some cases downright impossible.

I hope Blizzard is able to find the cause(s) and get this fixed, because WoW is really a great game and it is a shame to have these playability issues as a blemish on an otherwise top notch expansion's record.