Home/ World Latency indicator not displaying

Mac Technical Support
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
It would be constructive if someone would listen and stop telling me the issue is something it's not. Trying to be polite here but I'm tired of the run around.

I'm sure they will fix it when they get around to it.

Reality and negativity are two different things. I don't think it's being negative when no one wants to listen and I'm (we) are the one(s) losing money.

Just my opinion, good luck figuring it out. Thanks again.
Vanns, 4 pages is very little, across the mass community. Maybe a couple dozen out of a few thousand mac users total.

Most of you are saying "it's broken, fix it" where is the data? Where are the traceroutes? Also me, bluspace, and the blizz posters have done extensive testing and found nothing wrong with client that causes lag. Also there are JUST as many posts if not more on PC tech forums that there on on mac also claiming .3 made them lag cause they were fine before (and they do NOT have a cosmetic 0/0 latency bug). I also follow other boards closely, such as the ones on broadbandreports and have also noticed that a ton of ISPs ARE in fact lagging more. Patch 4.3 did drop during probably the HIGHEST internet traffic season in history. Do some searching. you'll find that internet shopping is higher this year then ever before. Then add in kids home from college hitting up their torrents net flix, etc, and you have internet congestion to extreme. ISPs are reporting some network bogging nationwide. Whether or not this is your cause I don't know, not without data however. But it cannot be ruled out simply because of timing of a patch.

No one is denying anyones problems here. What we are saying is there is simply no evidence 0/0 latency bug is the cause (or it'd affect a LOT more). this thread was originally about a cosmetic bug and nothing more, and turned into a dumping ground for unrelated, coincidental issues.
Create a thread, with detailed data, traceroute to your realm during lag. Trouble shooting additional network options like "optimize network for speed". Run advanced tests such as this one http://www.dslreports.com/pingtest, do speed tests at speedtest.net to the closest test server to your REALM (ie don't use default test server, that gives you a glorified report to a local host and not a realistic one close to your wow realm). etc. Get a TON of data, and present it in a non flaming angry manor. Keep the tones cool and appropriate and you will get much better assistance.

We have extraordinary experts that regular these boards. Certified network engineers, techs, etc. When you present the right information, people can help. When you rage and add in "me too" posts, the thread derails and becomes non constructive.

Off to bed now, play nice
Is there an ETA yet on this issue? or is it still on the 'plate' of problems to fix?

Off to bed now, play nice

Very disheartening note to end on, but thank you for the information.

I guess the question is, is the latency indicator reliable for anyone on the Mac client? My point is that if it is showing 0/0ms for all running WoW on OS X, then a few of us with serious lag issues is insignificant. However, if the indicator is working properly for the majority of Mac WoW'ers and those of us with a 0/0ms reading are the ones experiencing serious lag issues, that seems like more than a coincidence to me.

After running the tests above, I have a ~30ms ping to servers in NY (since Ysera is in that datacenter) via Comcast in VT, 0% packet loss, and 7ms jitter (dslreports, speedtest, and pingtest, which is consistent with my results over the past year).

I will continue to monitor this, but if the client reported my latency accurately I would have more confidence in its reliability. :/
I guess the question is, is the latency indicator reliable for anyone on the Mac client? My point is that if it is showing 0/0ms for all running WoW on OS X, then a few of us with serious lag issues is insignificant. However, if the indicator is working properly for the majority of Mac WoW'ers and those of us with a 0/0ms reading are the ones experiencing serious lag issues, that seems like more than a coincidence to me.

Well I'm not sure if this is proof or anything.

But everyone I've asked that was getting GetNetStats() to return home and world latency readings for them had Windows computers.

I asked around on #wowuidev a channel that most of the addon authors hang out in. There is a good mix of technically minded people on that channel some who use Macs , some Windows and some even own and use both.

I might ask again and see if I can find specifically Mac guys but both Omegal and I both have Macs , and don't get anything returned for Home and World. Yet according to Quartz I'm not seeing a large jump in latency.

Here to Help :)
everyone on mac is getting 0/0 for latency yes.
I just want to start off by apologizing if I came off negative in my previous posts. Fact is I was having an issue that there didn't seem to be a good explanation for and I was getting really frustrated. I try to be man enough to admit when I'm wrong and well, I may have been.

I have to agree with Omegal with this:

"Patch 4.3 did drop during probably the HIGHEST internet traffic season in history."

Now that I think about it, the times I was experiencing the problem, was probably the busiest time of the day for traffic. As of last night, the problem seems to have gone away. Maybe less traffic. Yeah I'm still getting the 0/0 thing but don't think it's effecting anything in game.

If there is an outstanding issue, I wish you all luck at getting to the bottom of it. Thanks for your patience, time, and work. Hope you all have a nice holiday(s).
12/09/2011 12:11 AMPosted by Toromei
Very disheartening note to end on, but thank you for the information.

Me and blu aren't payed employees just players like you who volunteer extra time here. I apologize if my post came off wrong. Was merely stating it was like 1am and time for me to cash in for the night, to let you all know I'd be out probably 8 hours or so and not responding during that time. :)
12/08/2011 02:56 PMPosted by Toromei
I don't think anyone is denying anything. Tony and company simply don't have all the answers, so it isn't reasonable for them to confirm anything in particular. They aren't coding the game themselves, they are just here to keep an eye on things and listen to the issues we are having.

Unfortunately ALL the blues and greens are denying this is a blizzard problem. Perhaps the 0/0 is merely cosmetic but there IS a connection between 4.3 and the increased lag we're all experiencing. Just denying that any connection between the two exists and it's our fault or our ISP's fault is plain lazy. It's like Android denying there's any security flaws in their market... WRONG.

While I'm sure we all appreciate that this issue is being looked into, I guarantee you that every time you deny that it's blizz's fault and say that ALL of the people posting in these forums about the EXACT same issue are to blame, you're just feeding the nerdrage fires. Either PROVE that it's all of our faults, or don't tell us it is, make sense?
I've been following this thread pretty much every few hours as I am indeed a Mac user and I have *experienced* both the 0/0 latency and the lag.

However I did run a 10m DS normal raid on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

On Monday we did the Madness of Deathwing and I lagged pretty hard. About every 20 to 30 seconds I got a 5 second lag bomb. Every attempt before and after I reseted my router, IP, computer, modem, etc.

On Wednesday we did the first 4 bosses and I had no lag at all. Same happened on Thursday (we just did Ultraxion).

I think the increased lag has to do with the client just overcompensating for the 0/0 latency it's receiving. Madness of Deathwing fight has a lot going on (spell effects, damage output, graphics) and that's why I think I was lagging so bad.

Of course there is always terrible lag in SW but that goes without saying.

No one is denying lag. Just stating what it isn't.

Have you all without a doubt apsolutely verified it's nothing at your or ISPs end (or anywhere in between ISPs end and blizzards end?

Now you ask for proof it isn't blizzards fault. There isn't sufficent data to suggest it's anything on their end. If we could hop on your machine and collect data and run tests we would, but being that we're unable to access the hardware, the burden of proof falls on the user having the problem. The user with access to the router, the routers firmware, the ISP tech support, the diagnostic tools like traceroutes, line quality tests, speedtests, packet loss tests, etc.

I'm creating a new thread for lag issues to split the discussion from this thread where we can continue to consolidate all the actual lag reports here, and keep this thead strictly for the cosmetic 0/0 issue.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3711331282#1
everyone on mac is getting 0/0 for latency yes.

yeppers and the lag is getting worse it seems guildies and a friend just did hour of twilight and we lagged so bad our tanks recount showed dmg after we had rezzed came bk in and were out of combat, so plz for god sakes find a fix. Blizzard has had enough restarts be4 and after tuesday that it's just rediculous.
please use the new thread for lag issues. 0/0 does not cuase lag, about 1 million people are playing wow right now with 0/0 bug, with 10 mil subscribers and a 10% mac market share. We have a 5 page thread only, so i can assure you the lag is something else we need to investigate further in a new thread and not this one
I am throwing my 2 cents in. I am using a 2011 MBPro Quad i7 with the 1GB Vid running Lion 10.7.2 Until patch 4.3 I have had zero issues. However I also see the 0 Latency and 0 Home as well and 0 Bandwidth.

Since I have a new HD and a fresh clean install of OS X and a Fresh Clean install of the WoW client the same issues arises. I also notice some in-game lag, and no it's not my internet connection. I ran some of the new Twilight content and my Cat form was floating in mid air. Lag times are noticeable in Stormwind and other areas that are have a lot of things moving around.

I hope they fix it soon.
Ryzek can you post whatever data you can collect in the other thread

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3711331282#1

I'd like to take a deeper look at what's going on. Is it an animation lag like the client stuttering, a network lag where stuff around you is standing still while you continue to move? I'd like to collect as much data from people who are lagging as possible, in one conslidated place, to keep the two issues seperate.
I have to admit, I am a bit puzzled as to why this was not addressed sooner. I understand we live in a "Windows" centric world but a very large portion of Blizz's customer base is on the Mac platform.
Oh quite right, sorry about that. However, The game does function normally, it's just a tad behind sometimes, not sure if it's related and only speculation at this point. Well im off to get some food and then play some more, I'm not going to let it bother me now that I know I'm not the only one.

Happy Holidays,

Ry