Home/ World Latency indicator not displaying

Mac Technical Support
Post Limit:
Prev 1 7 8 9
I can confirm this works for MacBook Pro 15-inch, Mid 2009
SET timingMethod "2"
Thank-You. I can confirm this works for Macbook Pro 15-inch Late-2011

SET timingMethod "2"
just remember to remove it in 4.3.2, cause as he said, changing the timing method can affect input delays.
It kinda work for me on my MAC, but i don't think that this values are accurate. My latency show 179/168 in Uglymar but I can feel a HUGE delay.

I'm not sure if i can trust this numbers...

iMac 27" 2.66GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
MAC OS X 10.7.2
the numbers are averages over your current logged in session. they arent real time, and won't show a spike to nearly what it actually was. In other words, if it says 179, and you had like 29 20ms pnigs in the last 30 seconds, and 1 that was 600, your average will be 39.3333333333333 despite a 600ms spike.

it polls every 30 secods or so but it's always just an average. it's not very good at catching small random spikes that return down to noral, it is better at catching lag when the problem is really really bad and the majority of your pings are bad versus good.
Guys, I just tried PTR build 15211 and I am sad to report that Home/World latency are showing 0/0. :(
did you remove the timing hack from WTF if you happened to copy over a wtf from live? as when the default timing is fixed in 4.3.2, the hack will actually reverse the fix heh.

EDIT, i just logged in to PTR and everything is in order, no problems, i see latency indication accurately on build 15211
IIRC PTR copies the config.wtf from Live so you should double check if the timingmethod cvar is there or not.

Here to Help :)
did you remove the timing hack from WTF if you happened to copy over a wtf from live? as when the default timing is fixed in 4.3.2, the hack will actually reverse the fix heh.

EDIT, i just logged in to PTR and everything is in order, no problems, i see latency indication accurately on build 15211

I never attempted that in the first place.
how long did you wait for 0 0 to clear? i know on login it actually was 0/0 for me, but after 30 seconds it had a latency readout, which is normal to be a delay sometimes as latency uses an infrequent poling and not realtime analysis to report those values. Sometimes when you login you get numbers right away, sometimes after 5-10 sec, sometimes after 30 sec. not sure how client decides when to check and update it, it's clearly linked to timingMethod though. Try again and wait a bit longer and see if you get something.
01/26/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Omegal
how long did you wait for 0 0 to clear? i know on login it actually was 0/0 for me, but after 30 seconds it had a latency readout, which is normal to be a delay sometimes as latency uses an infrequent poling and not realtime analysis to report those values. Sometimes when you login you get numbers right away, sometimes after 5-10 sec, sometimes after 30 sec. not sure how client decides when to check and update it, it's clearly linked to timingMethod though. Try again and wait a bit longer and see if you get something.

Good point. After three minutes I'm seeing a latency display again.
wow 3 min, never seen it take that long. But at least it's working
How does one undo the set timingMethod "2"? Do you simply remove it from your config.wtf or do you need to change it to set timingMethod "1"? Since 4.3.2 dropped I've tried doing both and it seems to still be a 30 second average.
yes just remove it from the config (whle wow is closed).Open confit in text edit, delete that line, save and close.
01/31/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Wallacë
How does one undo the set timingMethod "2"? Do you simply remove it from your config.wtf or do you need to change it to set timingMethod "1"? Since 4.3.2 dropped I've tried doing both and it seems to still be a 30 second average.

"0" is it's default value so just taking it out of the config.wtf file as Omegal directs should reset it.

You can check it's setting by running :

/dump GetCVar("timingMethod")

in game.

Mac Tech Support MVP (moonlights in other forums)
Here to Help :)
I don't understand this lag at all. I've been playing wow for about a year and the lag is crazy. It makes me wanna quit playing. I used to get 9-12fps, but now it goes down to a ridiculous 5fps and I don't think it has anything to do with the capacity of my mac book, cause I got the game for my nephew and he gets 35fps and 20 as the lowest in crowded cities. So what the heck is going on?! I'm about to rage quit. Can someone help.
06/13/2012 12:37 AMPosted by Daleo
I don't understand this lag at all. I've been playing wow for about a year and the lag is crazy. It makes me wanna quit playing. I used to get 9-12fps, but now it goes down to a ridiculous 5fps and I don't think it has anything to do with the capacity of my mac book, cause I got the game for my nephew and he gets 35fps and 20 as the lowest in crowded cities. So what the heck is going on?! I'm about to rage quit. Can someone help.

Please don't necro threads. This issue is old and is not relating to your issue. Create a new thread to better assist you.