Conquest Points

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
I think its retarded that they are letting you keep the conquest points, I see blizz coming out with a new point system just to laugh at everyone. At the begining of every season you always had to start out fresh with nothing and work your way up

Blizz officially has made WoW the most easiest game in the MMO industry. GG now i have to deal with scrubs in a raid who was just given gear and get ganked out in the field by someone who doesn't know how to play their class real well but Gear carries them GG

Ever since vanilla WoW this game has gone down the !@#$ter. Burning Crusade was the best point in WoW ;/

Good luck in season 11 boys
you people wouldn't be complaining about the idea of keeping them if YOU had a 2.6k cap to enter the new season, now would you?
12/04/2011 05:41 PMPosted by Stabsmcnabb
Blizz officially has made WoW the most easiest game in the MMO industry. GG now i have to deal with scrubs in a raid who was just given gear and get ganked out in the field by someone who doesn't know how to play their class real well but Gear carries them GG
Translation: I'm not actually good at PVP, and I need my gear gap to win.
Good players in good gear will still kill bad players in good gear, it will just take a little longer.
People who did RBGs last week have a huge advantage
keep track of your conquest points,you get 100 for the first win of the day and 50 for each win afterwards
I was under the impression Conquest points would be converted to honor, and we would be allowed to go over the 4k cap this week.
12/05/2011 08:08 PMPosted by Aezra
I was under the impression Conquest points would be converted to honor, and we would be allowed to go over the 4k cap this week.

That was last week.

<3,
Lufitoom
i hope i can keep my conquest from last week all that work down the drain

i hope not blizz that would make PVPers very very mad and sad

keep it the way it is thank you !!!!!!!!! = )
12/01/2011 12:04 PMPosted by Daxxarri
How did you achieve your conquest cap after the rollover? Were you part of the small segment that had arenas/RBGs available to you or something? If so, maybe contanct a GM.

It wasn't intended for Arenas or Rated BGs to be available again until the start of Season 11, so those points were wiped intentionally.

So nothing is going to be done to solve the huge head start some players with more time/no job had over casuals. This will allow some players to have weapons, and then t2 weapons 1-2 weeks ahead of the majority of other teams, giving them an unjust advantage.

This is also going to encourage teams that have the 2 piece gear advantage to rush to high rating, and sit on it for the next 6 months till the last week of arena, when they will play 1 game and get glad.

This isnt as bad as failing to wipe MMR last season, but its just so far from a balanced way to start the season it amazes me that its being supported by the dev team.
12/06/2011 08:32 AMPosted by Primalghost

It wasn't intended for Arenas or Rated BGs to be available again until the start of Season 11, so those points were wiped intentionally.

So nothing is going to be done to solve the huge head start some players with more time/no job had over casuals. This will allow some players to have weapons, and then t2 weapons 1-2 weeks ahead of the majority of other teams, giving them an unjust advantage.

This is also going to encourage teams that have the 2 piece gear advantage to rush to high rating, and sit on it for the next 6 months till the last week of arena, when they will play 1 game and get glad.

This isnt as bad as failing to wipe MMR last season, but its just so far from a balanced way to start the season it amazes me that its being supported by the dev team.

It also pisses me off that Blizzard didn't put in the PVP Launcher Window that we can get 50 additonal Conquest points per Random win after our first one. It just has honor there. So a lot of people who don't have the time to read the patch notes are now at an unfar advantage going into Season 11.

If it makes anyone feel any better, I had almost 9,000 conquest points before the reset, since I had full ruthless and had no need to spend them. After the patch, I had over 10,000 honor. Now I have 100 conquest points because I assumed it would be reset again.

Guess what I'll be doing after work tonight...

I assume they will do a season total earned cap in order to get weapons again... (again, I said assume, so you know what that makes me), but I don't think anyone will be able to get weapons right away until they earn their season min for them. At least I hope not.

I assume they will do a season total earned cap in order to get weapons again... (again, I said assume, so you know what that makes me), but I don't think anyone will be able to get weapons right away until they earn their season min for them. At least I hope not.

Somehow bliz will allow this weeks conquest to go towards the weapon cap.

I assume it was an oversight allowing people who had done RBG to get the higher a higher conquest cap. And then not taking in to the account the change that allows you to reach that cap without doing rbg or arena.

I personally think it gives them a huge advantage that most weren't aware of, and a huge advantage over those who don't have time to RBG and just arena. And as much as I am against this, they already screwed up and people already put the time in to get their points, so imo its too late and blizz should let them keep it although the more fair thing would be to allow 1650 max, or even just not let it count towards the season earned. But whatever, i'm a ret paladin, either way i'm going to suck to some degree.

Blizzard shouldn't cater to casuals just because they have less time to play.

Blizzard shouldn't cater to casuals just because they have less time to play.

So the only players who should succeed in competitive pvp are players who had played last season and did well?

The only players who should do good are the ones who had enuf time to win 25+ bgs in a week, which is as much as 12+ hours assuming u win 100% of ur games.

Your saying players who maybe leveled to 85 this week, and didnt even have a chance at conquest cap should suffer for using the between season week to roll a new class.

Anyways my point is that a 2500 rated casual who only has enuf time to play 5 hours a week (like 750 conquest if all those hours were in bgs) should not be behind a 1500 hero who had time to grind 1650 points out.
I HATE that conquest points reset!!i dont play often, but when I do, it'd be nice to add to that currency instead of starting again just to lose it all. hows a person supposed to obtain higher gear and weps if theyre robbed weekly?!?
Banked 2200 cp ftw hope they dont reset it.
haha im a beast! day 1 of season 11 scores me 2 1650 set peices gg blizz