Fury's Deep Wound nerfed as well ??????

Warrior
in our dps warrior groups, some of my friends just says:
"how the hell my deep wounds nerfed?"

there is my friends wol for random DS
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f8ztqodw3y84gd9e/details/11/?s=6649&e=6833

their raid do have 30% bleeding damage increase debuff on boss,
but his deep wound damage only like 8%~10% of all damage out.
In 4.2. his deep wound like 16%~18%, so i do think theres something changed.

and i search on lots of wol of fury warriors....none of them's deep wound is more than 10% of damage out.....

may be the 40% melee damage increase inflenced deep wound in 4.2 but not influenced in 4.3?

if the deep wounds nerf is ture..........
then fury's dps nerfed like 15% in 4.3........seriously its a big nerf......
I heard Onyxia deep breaths more.

Confirm/deny?
This is rather off topic, but the way you typed that out made you sound like an Illianer from the Wheel of Time book series by Robert Jordan. >_>

I see no change to Deep wounds in any patch notes, and I think it would be very unlikely that they'd leave something like that out. Deep wound damage is, of course, greatly influenced by how much you crit so it can vary quite a lot from fight to fight.

Confirm/deny?
Dude this is so totally true. Yesterday I stepped into Ony's Lair to farm some xmog gear and she was breathing THE WHOLE TIME!

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

I responded to your post in the damage dealing forums. Yes I have been over my logs from last night and have noticed a significant nerf to deep wounds damage. Go back over your logs people.

Confirm/deny?

I can confirm that she does.

But in all seriousness the issue the OP brings up is a big issue right now for Fury dps and it can be confirmed by looking at parses of warriors in top 50US guilds. On Madness last night my Deep Wounds never did more then 8% of my total damage, down from 15-18% this is potentially an issue that could cripple us and I hope is addressed so we know if it was intended or not.
i think this was a bug. DW was based of weapon damage yet for fury it ticked for almost twice the damage it did for arms.

there is a chance this was just a bug fix, but it would be a hefty nerf for fury
If you're serious, gonna need to see logs here. There's no documented Deep Wounds change, but there's obviously quite a few undocumented changes. Nerfing DW damage that much is a significant change that would've shown on patch notes and/or PTR though.

no offense, but proof or gtfo
My deep wounds damage has fallen drastically. I have no idea what's going on but something has definitely changed. Looks to have dropped by ~10%
i think this was a bug. DW was based of weapon damage yet for fury it ticked for almost twice the damage it did for arms.

there is a chance this was just a bug fix, but it would be a hefty nerf for fury

Deep Wounds tick "size" is very deceptive and mostly related to frequency of landing crits than anything else, due to the way it works.

Basically, Deep Wounds is a damage bank. Every time a crit lands, money gets put in the bank. Every time a tick occurs, money gets taken out of the bank.

Where things get really wonky is every time a crit lands, the tick schedule gets reset and starts over. So, if crits land extremely frequently, it's possible for ticks to temporarily stop occuring...getting pushed back over and over. Money keeps going into the bank, but doesn't get taken out. So, when ticks finally do happen, they can be EXTREMELY large, essentially trying to catch up. This happened a lot at the end of wotlk.

So, the short answer is that Fury lands melee crits much more frequently than Arms, so the Deep Wounds ticks on average do tend to be significantly larger. That doesn't mean it necessarily does more Deep Wounds total damage, though. It's not a bug...just the way it works.
since you gentlemen like landsoul so much, lets use him as an example.

Log from the 8th

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-85bhqcvgf0qti24c/details/18/?s=16747&e=17368

Log from the 15th.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-iahp0oo0u3zuzk2s/details/25/?s=4804&e=5501

Log from the 22

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e0jyr5cgnbzsdqhs/details/9/?s=1337&e=2063

Log from the 29

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c5bocdt659q7wqtm/details/12/?s=61&e=792

Can you see the pattern there? I will browse some more for your delight.

For those who are lazy, DW uptime remained close to the same in all 4, around 85%. Yet in the last one it was doing 3-4% less damage. More proof is needed but that shows OP might be right
Adding data here, our recent kill of ultraxion. My uptime is almost 100%, DW damage came in at 6.8%

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/xf679ffdx74yc9kl/details/98/?s=5730&e=6073

Baleroc kill prior to the patch, same uptime of almost 100%, DW damage was almost double the contribution.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a8ue2xa7tu3a61j2/details/18/?s=6227&e=6568
Yeah if you look at pre-patch DW ticked for an avergage of 5415 over those three fights. But post-patch ticks were doing 4276... Interesting.
Stealth nerf from blizzard, Why so secretive blizzard?
•Dual Wield Specialization no longer increases Physical damage by 5%. It continues to increase off-hand attack damage by 25%.

Bleeds are physical damage, so Im guessing theres your answer?

For those who are lazy, DW uptime remained close to the same in all 4, around 85%. Yet in the last one it was doing 3-4% less damage. More proof is needed but that shows OP might be right

5% physical damage nerf, partially offset with higher AP (creating higher weapon damage from which DW scales from) possibly nets the 3-4% being seen? I suppose the easiest way to confirm a direct nerf to DW would be to compare 2 arms parses from pre and post patch, since arms didnt get any nerfs which would impact DW. If anything DW should be higher for arms post patch.

5% physical damage nerf, partially offset with higher AP (creating higher weapon damage from which DW scales from) possibly nets the 3-4% being seen?

Still doesn't make sense, from my examples posted above, pre patch avg deep wound ticks were ~3400, post patch, they're ~2400. From my data alone, it looks more like a 30% drop

Also I know what some may think, but both parses had no feral or arms warrior so they're on pretty even footing.
12/01/2011 08:46 AMPosted by Topps
If you're serious, gonna need to see logs here. There's no documented Deep Wounds change, but there's obviously quite a few undocumented changes. Nerfing DW damage that much is a significant change that would've shown on patch notes and/or PTR though.

You put too much stock in patch notes. Undocumented and/or unintended changes happen in this game all the time.

Deep Wounds is a highly nuanced and relatively obscure mechanic that has been changed very significantly many times over the years without necessarily changing it in a way that warrants changing the simplistic tooltip labeling. Most of the times they have at least mentioned it somehow somewhere when they changed something with it on purpose, but it's not at all guaranteed that they would. It's also not guaranteed that they did something intentionally.
considering all damage warriors do is physical. the 5% physical damage nerf would have reduced all damage equally, and not affected the percentage of damage contributed by deep wounds.
12/01/2011 10:15 AMPosted by Itsnotpms
considering all damage warriors do is physical. the 5% physical damage nerf would have reduced all damage equally, and not affected the percentage of damage contributed by deep wounds.

I haven't double checked into the actual math, but it's possible that Deep Wounds essentially double dips on the modifier. If Deep Wounds tick gets scaled up by 10%, and the damage Deep Wounds is based on, weapon damage, is already scaled up by 10%...double dip. I'm not saying that's the case, just that depending on how they have it coded, it's very possible - and it would affect percent of damage contributed.

However, it would not explain anywhere close to the magnitude of change we are seeing in these logs. Although, if it used to be double dip and is now single dip (in addition to the obvious nerf), it gets closer.