You didn't reset MMR

Battlegrounds
First RBG of the day I run and my team and the enemy team shows up with ~2kish mmrs. Everyone in the group has a CR of 0.

Doesn't look like a reset to me.
^BUMP.. We have also ran into a bug that auto kicks the team out of the RBGs before they are done.. Sometimes it counts for a loss and other times it doesn't..
It does appear that MMR's were not reset, my team started the season with a 2088 MMR.
Also had the random kick bug in RBGs...

I can attest that MMR was NOT reset in RBGs.... Avg MMRs are still in the 2k+ range for us
MMRs were, indeed, not reset although I can only attest to this in Arena. I had heard through places like MMO-champ that this might be the case. Also, it seems as if the VP > CP is either bugged as I couldn't find this on the VP vendor.
Thus far our team already had me standing on cap and it not capping. Then we had two people get disconnect and not able to get back in so we had 9 ppl for those games. We also got kicked in one game ... all of us.
Incredibly minor compared to the above issues, but they didn't reset the honor earned for the season either. I don't think I made 114k honor today.
The MMR reset was intended for Arenas only, and not RBGs. Our messaging was a bit vague, and our apologies for that. We'll be attempting to correct it where possible.
12/07/2011 09:25 AMPosted by Bashiok
The MMR reset was intended for Arenas only, and not RBGs. Our messaging was a bit vague, and our apologies for that. We'll be attempting to correct it where possible.

:(
What about the mass RBG kicks? I could really careless about the MMRs if you cant even play a whole RBG with out getting massed kicked!
i don't find rbg's or arenas fun so i don't care, but why wouldn't you reset ratings for both at the start of every season?

So, what was the logic in that? Reward RBG wintraders but not Arena wintraders? Give RBG players yet another solid advantage over arena players? What exactly was the goal here?
12/07/2011 09:47 AMPosted by Prèdátor
What about the mass RBG kicks? I could really careless about the MMRs if you cant even play a whole RBG with out getting massed kicked!

wut

This is a damn shame.

A couple of friends in my guild were looking forward to the MMR reset. They were pretty excited that they could start playing again with some of their inexperienced friends. Looks like that isn't going to happen now. None of the higher rated MMR players in my guild are going to want to take time to bring in inexperienced people and risk tanking their rating. Sucks that I get to spend this season on the sidelines because I missed last season.
I think the reason is people were complaining about the MMR in areans because of the tournaments and rewards assosicated with that part of PVP. Since there are no rewards for high ranked RBG it doesn't seem nessicary to reset those MMRs, though it would make sense to simply reset both and call it a day.

There was actually nothing vague about it!

The third PvP season of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is now underway! Matchmaking (MMR), Team, and Personal Ratings have been reset and players are once again able to compete in level-85 Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds for the best PvP gear, items, and titles.

If you'd intended for RBG MMR's not to reset, the simple inclusion of the words "for Arena Teams only" would have made your intentions clear. As the statement stands it's inclusive for both RBG's and Arenas.
12/07/2011 10:15 AMPosted by Oldscratch
I think the reason is people were complaining about the MMR in areans because of the tournaments and rewards assosicated with that part of PVP. Since there are no rewards for high ranked RBG it doesn't seem nessicary to reset those MMRs, though it would make sense to simply reset both and call it a day.

Except an increased conquest cap which leads to faster gearing which leads to faster Arena victories which lead to those high rated arena rewards?

Edit: Thanks Augustskye, what say you Bashiok?
12/07/2011 10:21 AMPosted by Augustskye

The third PvP season of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is now underway! Matchmaking (MMR), Team, and Personal Ratings have been reset and players are once again able to compete in level-85 Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds for the best PvP gear, items, and titles.

If you'd intended for RBG MMR's not to reset, the simple inclusion of the words "for Arena Teams only" would have made your intentions clear. As the statement stands it's inclusive for both RBG's and Arenas.

^ This.
12/07/2011 10:21 AMPosted by Augustskye

This kinda reminds me when Blizzard's philosophy of "Take the player, not the character" was shattered by day one of Cataclysm, and was made even WORSE than WOTLK...