Fl nerfed again?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
11/30/2011 01:54 PMPosted by Zarhym
We're looking into the issue with Rhyolith randomly becoming friendly during some encounters.

What? The poor guy just wants a hug every now and then, and you feel the need to "fix" him?

:(

Jokes. :P
I always thought it was a pretty silly/unintended way of getting around the mechanic.
11/30/2011 07:19 PMPosted by Solaaria
We're looking into the issue with Rhyolith randomly becoming friendly during some encounters.

What? The poor guy just wants a hug every now and then, and you feel the need to "fix" him?

:(

Jokes. :P

I feel like I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did.
Thanks for asking directly for clarification rather than prepping the tar and feathers for my blatant lies and attempts to deceive! No matter how hard I try, people always catch onto my wicked, wicked games of truth distortion!

You should be an MVP. :p

Ironically, Practical's guild tag is "Conspiracy."

DA DA DUN
I don't see what the big deal is. The buffs made to various DPS specs + access to Dragon Soul gear nerfs the fight much more than the gyeser removal does.
[quote="36571979594"][quote]
the change isn’t remotely going to let a guild that hasn’t mastered the encounter just walk in and defeat it.

Pretty much does, avoiding geysers was the only difficult thing apart from trying to push with 1 meteor on 25 man, but once again the only reason that was hard is because people had to move in and out of multiple patches to trap the meteors.
@Zarhym

Why do blues never post here?

In fact, why is the number of Blizzard employes that post on the forum so low compared to other gaming communities?

I think this thread overall is a pretty good indicator of what the answer might be.

Every word they post is viewed by many as either something twisted into unequivocal gospel graven in stone for the ages, or unmitigated bull!@#$.

This particular thread, I believe, would fall under the latter description. The CMs have more patience than I do, that much is clear. I couldn't do it without banging the buttons off my keyboard with my forehead at least once a day.
11/30/2011 06:51 PMPosted by Zarhym
Thanks for asking directly for clarification rather than prepping the tar and feathers for my blatant lies and attempts to deceive! No matter how hard I try, people always catch onto my wicked, wicked games of truth distortion!

I try to tell people that you have no reason to lie; They'll think what they want. We can only hope!

You should be an MVP. :p

Thanks for the compliment, all I need you to do is tell good ol' Zarh-

Oh wait!

Ironically, Practical's guild tag is "Conspiracy."

DA DA DUN

I like you.
I don't know if it's worth mentioning but, along with Rhyolith turning friendly earlier, after we wiped to that, everybody was outside the dungeon yet it was stuck saying the encounter was still in progress, and we were unable to zone in.

It took nearly 5 months for you guys to address an issue that you had with how people were approaching the mechanic.
It's easier to believe you guys were being evasive about the reason behind the nerf.

We heard nothing concerning this from the first kill back in July all the way until now. Suddenly telling us it's not working as intended, after the content is outdated, comes across as pretty ridiculous.

And concerning asking for direct clarification, that almost never works. Over the years I've seen tons of legitimate, direct threads asking for clarification on game matters go completely ignored. It's easy to play the martyr and lament the tone of the forums, but the precedent you guys have set is that asking directly rarely works.
Civil discussion gets us the exact same results as whining, and whining is far more fun. Which do you expect we're going to go for most of the time?

I guess I owe you an apology this time, but who knew we'd actually get a direct answer?
Saronite bombs were not an intended mechanic.

They didn't last until 4.0, also made the encounter much more difficult without them.

They didn't last until 4.0, also made the encounter much more difficult without them.

/facepalm

You should've gone with "C'thun being killable was not an intended mechanic".

/facepalm

You should've gone with "C'thun being killable was not an intended mechanic".

Yogg 0 was mathematically impossible.

Unless you used Asian Calculus.
Well the bombs were a bug and not an unintended approach to the encounter.
But the devs have shown that they're not afraid to change fights when they're not happy with how people are approaching them.

From this expansion alone:
•They didn't like people kiting adds on Magmaw instead of killing them, so they changed the mechanic while it was relevant.
•They didn't like people hiding from pulses on Atramedes instead of dodging them, so they changed the mechanic while it was relevant.
•They didn't like people stacking DoTs / RP walk for Dominion on Nefarian, so they changed the mechanic while it was relevant.
•They didn't like people using immunities to stay in the Twilight Realm longer on V&T, so they changed the mechanic while it was relevant.
•They didn't like people outranging Festering Blood on Cho'gall, so they changed the mechanic while it was relevant.
•They didn't like people staying off the center platform until p2 on Al'akir, so they changed the mechanic while it was relevant.
•They didn't like people solo-soaking Scorpion cleaves on Majordomo, so they changed the mechanic to while it was relevant. (But this change just reduced the power of the strat without killing it)

•They didn't like people forming a triangle within the breadth to avoid geyser, so they ignored it completely until the next raid came out, then removed the ability completely.

What was it about Magma Geyser that made it untouchable? I just don't understand what happened here.
•They didn't like people kiting adds on Magmaw instead of killing them, so they changed the mechanic while it was relevant.

And also because the fight in that incarnation was retarded for 10-man.

Things like changing RP walk or Atramedes exploits are simple fixes that made the mechanic actually work instead of "Toggle RP Walk, kgo". I would suspect at least one of the reasons they didn't feel they had a reason to buff Geyser's detection range (aside from "not wanting to make the fight harder") is because even with the tri-strat, the mechanic still caused guilds to have to handle it. Carefully. And wipe to perfect it.

Remember, they got a lot of flak for changing Sinestra mid-attempts as well. Altering Geyser as a mechanic mid-pull would definitely not have gone down well either.
11/30/2011 04:56 PMPosted by Zarhym
Despite some of the insinuations in this thread, the change isn’t remotely going to let a guild that hasn’t mastered the encounter just walk in and defeat it.

Thanks Zahrym.

I don't know how much you are allowed to tell us about the decisions that get made behind the scenes, but I think alot of the forum-drama could be mitigated if we learned why Blizz makes some of its decisions.

Even if we don't agree with the reasoning, I think a lot of players would know there was something else at work other than "ZOMG we hate priests/shamans/hunters/warlocks!" :P

Edit: Rather than nerfing boss health and damage when you want to get more people in to see the raid, can you instead have a way to buff the players like you did for ICC? There was an entire faction devoted to the Molten Front, how hard would it have been to stick an NPC inside the raid, and if you talked to him he said something like "as our strength grows, we can aid you in your battle agains Ragnaros!" and then he gives you a buff. (have people talk to turn the buff on, not off, less griefing that way)
I know the end effect is that same, but some how I think it would feel better if you try just a little bit to work the mechanical changes into the narrative a little bit, and it still leaves the normal mode in place for people who want to try that.
Either he moves slower, or he needs a lot less damage on a leg to turn him. In order to cope with it. We had to put one of our dps on the left leg to try and counter it because if they were on the right, he could litterally turn in a circle on one foot.

Which actually made the fight a bit harder because we over turned a lot more doing the same things we were before. Least he is dead this week.